Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CL Blue Army

Tommy Wright - hot prospect for future

Guest CL Blue Army

Tommy Wright is still noted as a hot prospect for the future.

Unfortunatly, if he was, he would be playing now and would be a first team player.

Every year people say .... hot prospect for future, but he isn't, he's too old for that!.

He is another Stefan Oakes i think.

Unfortunatly, if he was, he would be playing now and would be a first team player.

Every year people say .... hot prospect for future, but he isn't, he's too old for that!.

145119[/snapback]

Who still regards him as a hot prospect? Not any of the fans or staff at the club.

Blanderson???

Blanderson??? - Bill anderson!

Yep!

145122[/snapback]

Bring back Tommy Wright from the past oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wrightoooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright oooooooooo tommy wright

Can't Levein pursuade Wright to mutually terminate his contract? Wright is going nowhere fast here - he's not gonna get a look in this season.

145119[/snapback]

Who still regards him as a hot prospect? Not any of the fans or staff at the club.

Blanderson???

145121[/snapback]

Is he still with Leicester?. High time he moved on. Can't see him having any sort of future here.

He really is shit.

Also i saw him warming up before the Inter game, i know you cant base how good a player is on a warm up but he really was poor. Porter, De Vries, Williams, O'Grady were taking shots and Wright just couldnt hit the back of the net.

I don't believe Tommy Wright will ever fulfil the potential fans once thought he had. I agree that its time to ship him out and move some of the other young strikers a bit further up the pecking order.

He really is shit.

Also i saw him warming up before the Inter game, i know you cant base how good a player is on a warm up but he really was poor. Porter, De Vries, Williams, O'Grady were taking shots and Wright just couldnt hit the back of the net.

146151[/snapback]

I must admit that I haven't seem him play yet.

However, the Inter game may have been his first game after his groin strain? The injury could have had something to do with it.

cisono.

I remember we used to cheer for MA to bring him on near the end of his era. But nearly everytime he would fail to deliver.

I think MA gave him a start if I remember correctly at the Preston cup match which we lost in extra time. He was piss poor then aswell.

I have only seen him play once and that was against Mk Dons last season. He scored a quality goal but thats all i saw of him that game!

Im surpriesed that Peter Taylor or MA havent come in for him yet!

Im surpriesed that Peter Taylor or MA havent come in for him yet!

148344[/snapback]

I thought Coventry did try to get him but he didn't want to go there. Looks like Blackpool are having another go to get him:

Blackpool after Tommy Wright again

I think he does need to go and get a fresh start, I'm sure he'll go on a free but I hope they put a sell on clause in just incase. Good luck to him if he goes shame he did not live up to his early potential

The full article. ;)

Pool on Wright track

POOL are being linked with a move for a highly-rated Leicester City striker ... for the second time.

The Seasiders tried to sign 20-year-old Tommy Wright on loan last season but failed to clinch a deal.

According to sources in Leicester today, Colin Hendry is making another bid to bring the frontman to Bloomfield Road.

Hendry is understood to have spoken to Foxes' boss and fellow Scot Craig Levein about the possibility of livewire Wright moving.

It is not clear whether the deal would be on a permanent or loan basis but talks are said to be ongoing.

Pool are known to admire the young forward, who has had two successful loan spells at Brentford, and he was watched several times last season by now departed assistant manager Billy Dearden.

At the time Dearden said: "I've watched him three times this season and the reports I've put in about him have been quite good.

"He's a very hard-working player and maybe something will develop."

Pool tried to sign Wright throughout January but were eventually forced to give up on the deal because of a spate of injuries at the Walker Stadium – which meant Wright had to stay put.

Meanwhile John Murphy has urged his team-mates to begin the season with a bang.

But he has also pleaded with fans not to judge the Seasiders team too early.

"I agree that the first 11 here is quite strong, as you saw against Chester, but I think it is early days to judge how good or not this team is," he said.

"I think you have to get 10 to 15 league games into a season and see how we are getting on before you start analysing things like that.

"All we want to do is avoid the start we had last year, which more or less put us in a relegation dogfight from the end of September onwards.

"We have put that to the back of our minds this year and get a few more points and see where it takes us.

"Obviously we will be confident for the opening match but we are not going to take anything for granted. We know it is going to be a difficult game against Chesterfield. The gaffer has had them watched and he knows that it is going to be another step up from the pre-season games.

"But I think we have grown in confidence after the win against Chester and we will certainly be up for it.

"If we can get three points from the first game it means you can get home on Saturday night feeling good, read the paper on Sunday and see your team sitting pretty in the league.

"I know it doesn't really matter so early in the season but it's just a great confidence boost if you can do it and then there's normally a knock-on effect into the next few games."

I remember we used to cheer for MA to bring him on near the end of his era.  But nearly everytime he would fail to deliver.

I think MA gave him a start if I remember correctly at the Preston cup match which we lost in extra time.  He was piss poor then aswell.

148148[/snapback]

Well, at least he scored on Tuesday (although it wasn't enough to win the game).

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~693976,00.html

By who??

148918[/snapback]

Blackpool want Wright? Stand not upon the order of thy going but go at once! :)

148931[/snapback]

lol

By the way...not that it means anything but he scored last night in a reserves defeat.

I always thought he was a pretty good talent and I`m surprised that he couldn`t force his way into the first team.

I saw him a few times for England`s U20 and I thought he looked a good talent. He scored a double against Germany two really good finishes. I`m really surprised that he is unable to impress at senior level. <_<

His lack of first touch and strength means he doesn't retain the ball well enough. I think he's a decent finisher when he gets the opportunity, but his all round play simply isn't good enough. He isn't the quickest either.

It's the same old story, young local prospect emerges, fans expect the new Lineker/Heskey, and we end up disappointed.

Both Heath and Wright were never good enough, and as much as I'd love to see a fan playing for us, a passion for the club will not cover up the lack of ability to play football at the level the fans want isn't enough.

Odd isn't it with these young players. I recall the great MON consistently picking Campbell and Wilson when it was quite apparent to anyone watching them from the crowd that neither was cut out to play above the level of conference or div. 3 (2)

Archived