Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

How about Mick McCarthey?

A bit of an unrealistic name but what about Rafa? He will be out of work come the end of the PL campaign. I know he might demand high wages, but I think he would bring the kind of football that we long to see. And he would also keep us in the prem.

But like I said I think he wages would be far too high for us (and maybe not big enough of a club sadly)

Correct on both counts.

I wouldn't be too sure about the kind of football either, Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 through being rigid and tough to break down rather than passing teams off the park.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No, stop, seriously.

A sensible choice but if we do get rid of Pearson the Thais really need to think long and hard about who gets the job. Chopping and changing the manager every season just isn't going to get us anywhere. So who are the candidates?

The Messiah:

Martin O'Neill

The Names:

Roberto Di Matteo

Mark Hughes

Owen Coyle

Neil Lennon

The Championship Managers:

Neil Warnock

Mick Mcarthy

Sean O'Driscoll

Dave Jones

The Take A Punt Managers:

Ole Gunnar Solskajer

Some random foreigner

Not saying any of these would come to us. From the above list, apart from Roberto Di Matteo I just can't see a stand out candidate for the job.

The only managers we can realistically get unless we want to pay compensation are the free agents

RDM, MON, Mark Hughes and Owen Coyle are the standout names for me 3 of them have managed in both the championship and prem effectively.

Then Lennon if he wants a new challenge from the shennanigens in Scotland.

Di Matteo, yes.

Hughes (just another Sven) and Coyle, no thanks.

Martin? Without Robertson, probably a no as well.

Lennon is a good shout.

And as I've said before, Kenny Jackett deserves a chance imo.

But, also as I've said before, I'm one for sticking with Pearson.

Archived