Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatsHisName

Our defence is a bit of a worry

Doesn't your latter half of your post contradict the former half?

I think Keane struggles against players who are either tall or physical (or both). I'm not sure Watford have anyone like that. Deeney is physical but banned for the first leg anyway. My biggest concern is dealing with their wing backs and attacking midfield. De Laet has no stamina and makes mistakes, Moore makes mistakes too and is inexperienced. Konchesky is slow, Schlupp makes mistakes. I am not too concerned about central defence, i think Keane is not really the reason for our poor recent record.

I don't think you can blame Keane, the whole defence is at fault. Wes needs to show his experience and leadership and lead by example. I think we should stick with Keane for the home game, assess how he does and bring Sean in for the return leg if needs be. At least Keane may offer some goals at set pieces.

But Keane has more goals this season than Morgan and St. Ledger put together in their combined Leicester careers!

So by those rules, if we make it to Wembley and need another Walsh moment, it's going to be him! :ph34r:

Said a lot on this thread about how the team's overall game is contributing to the goals conceded column & then when you take into account the conceding from set-pieces & crosses it's clear there's some work to do with the keeper, but if we are to pin it on a CB, I'd suggest it's Morgan who's uncharacteristically looked weaker in recent times.

He's been bullied by people like Henderson, he's been slow to react to loose balls in the box, even his normally well-timed, great tackling is leading to a lot of the aforementioned freekicks and even the red against Millwall, Keane looks positively composed in comparison.

I still say it's the team's game overall game though, as well as crosses being our keeper's area for development, but out of just those two CBs, I think Morgan needs to regain some form.

All these stats are silly, I think people concentrate on our defence before February, after February it's been a shambles. Our big wins against Derby, Ipswich, Huddersfield helped massively towards our goal difference, if we didn't win those games by those scorelines we probably would only have about +10 and not +23

De Laet isn't a good defender, Keane has had off games, get's pushed off the ball too easily, and struggles against taller strikers, while Konchesky's legs have gone, he has had his time.

Next season, if we go up get a whole new defence, apart from Morgan, if we stay in the Championship keep De Laet and Morgan, and get a new centre and left back.

Said a lot on this thread about how the team's overall game is contributing to the goals conceded column & then when you take into account the conceding from set-pieces & crosses it's clear there's some work to do with the keeper, but if we are to pin it on a CB, I'd suggest it's Morgan who's uncharacteristically looked weaker in recent times.

He's been bullied by people like Henderson, he's been slow to react to loose balls in the box, even his normally well-timed, great tackling is leading to a lot of the aforementioned freekicks and even the red against Millwall, Keane looks positively composed in comparison.

I still say it's the team's game overall game though, as well as crosses being our keeper's area for development, but out of just those two CBs, I think Morgan needs to regain some form.

Difficult to accept but could be something in this. He hasn't really looked the same Westley Morgan as the first half of the season. Possibly fatigue? He must have played the most minutes of our outfield players, or close to.

I think Keane struggles against players who are either tall or physical (or both). I'm not sure Watford have anyone like that. Deeney is physical but banned for the first leg anyway. My biggest concern is dealing with their wing backs and attacking midfield. De Laet has no stamina and makes mistakes, Moore makes mistakes too and is inexperienced. Konchesky is slow, Schlupp makes mistakes. I am not too concerned about central defence, i think Keane is not really the reason for our poor recent record.

I agree with you here and would love to see SSL/Morgan/Konch with De Lat and Schulpp as wing backs but I cannt see it happening and it's a bit late for such a change but do have a concern about the central pairings inability to deal with lofted crosses

Perhaps we could get Hagrid to wipe her beef curtains around Kaspers goal mouth. That should keep the greasy Italian lot from coming anywhere near our penalty area. They'll already be demotivated after Saturday, lets use our strengths and add to that

freakout.gif

Perhaps we could get Hagrid to wipe her beef curtains around Kaspers goal mouth. That should keep the greasy Italian lot from coming anywhere near our penalty area. They'll already be demotivated after Saturday, lets use our strengths and add to that

Beef Curtains, then Kaspers goal mouth made me feel properly sick.

Was it intended to make me think horrible thoughts?

Archived