Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickyboy

How will SAF retire effect loans?

I take it you were on about Konchesky?

If so he was one of our most consistent performers last season, this season he has turned into Wellens take 2. 

From one of our best players one season, to distinctly average the next. 

New left-back is a must.

But still De Laet is defensively poor, he has had his good defensive games, but he has been more bad than good defensive wise. 

He's not a poor defender, he's not brilliannt granted, he's been pretty average for the division, given you rate Konchesky as Wellens Mark 2 De Laet as a defensive joke and Keane as prone to making mistakes I find it strange that we have one of the best defences in the division.

naughton - 20-30k a week

de laet - 10-15 k a week

cleverley is playing for england and davies is at bolton, enough said

mee was not any better then keane imo. 

regardless if they weren't Bruce's signings ex utd players got a team promoted so why cant it do the same here

Why bring wages into account, when I was on about the quality of the players I have seen at Leicester City.

Regardless if Cleverley now starts for England, Mark Davies was better than Cleverley in a Leicester shirt.

One of the best loan signings I've ever seen at Leicester, he only played seven games, but he made a massive difference in those seven games, we could do with someone like him back.

Why bring wages into account, when I was on about the quality of the players I have seen at Leicester City.

Regardless if Cleverley now starts for England, Mark Davies was better than Cleverley in a Leicester shirt.

One of the best loan signings I've ever seen at Leicester, he only played seven games, but he made a massive difference in those seven games, we could do with someone like him back.

wages play a huge factor! im sure if Pearson had the same wage budget available to him that sven had he could easily get higher profile loanees from united like a macheda etc who would be 100 times better than having vitor etc

He's not a poor defender, he's not brilliannt granted, he's been pretty average for the division, given you rate Konchesky as Wellens Mark 2 De Laet as a defensive joke and Keane as prone to making mistakes I find it strange that we have one of the best defences in the division.

I mentioned this yesterday.

It seems people are concentrating on our defence for the first half of the season. 

We have conceded quite a few goals, ever since our poor run of form starting in February.

Before then we beat Ipswich, Huddersfield, Bristol City and Derby by about four-six goals, which helped our goal difference massively, that's why our goal difference is so good, because of those matches.

Since those matches we have been on a poor run, conceding too many goals, we have seen recently with Keane that he isn't particularly great, defending from set pieces he isn't the best, can be far too lightweight at times and get's beaten in the air by the taller strikers in the division, he really struggled against N'Gog, Davies and Deeney recently. Against Forest looking at the goals, especially Cox's god knows what Keane was doing there. 

Konchesky is past it, think a lot of fans have identified this, hence why a lot of fans want to see a new left-back. De Laet for me will always be a poor defender, until I see him perform better, and show more consistency in that part of his game, I would happily see him start next season if we stay in the Championship, but if we get promoted and he still get's played, then good luck to him, because I can really see him struggling. 

wages play a huge factor! im sure if Pearson had the same wage budget available to him that sven had he could easily get higher profile loanees from united like a macheda etc who would be 100 times better than having vitor etc

Pearson doesn't really have a great record with high profile players, so probably just as well his budget is less.

We have already got someone like Mark Davies i.e Knockaert when played centrally is far better than on the wing.

Yes but why don't we play him there, Pearson tried this with Marshall towards the end of last season, and guess what it worked, he should try it with Knockaert instead of pushing him out wide.

Pearson doesn't really have a great record with high profile players, so probably just as well his budget is less.

he hasnt really been given the chance though? his only reall splurge in knockaert (1-3 million depending on what rumour you want to listen to) was a fairly good bit of business imo so why wouldnt he be able to do the same if given the resources

I mentioned this yesterday.

It seems people are concentrating on our defence for the first half of the season. 

We have conceded quite a few goals, ever since our poor run of form starting in February.

Before then we beat Ipswich, Huddersfield, Bristol City and Derby by about four-six goals, which helped our goal difference massively, that's why our goal difference is so good, because of those matches.

Since those matches we have been on a poor run, conceding too many goals, we have seen recently with Keane that he isn't particularly great, defending from set pieces he isn't the best, can be far too lightweight at times and get's beaten in the air by the taller strikers in the division, he really struggled against N'Gog, Davies and Deeney recently. Against Forest looking at the goals, especially Cox's god knows what Keane was doing there. 

Konchesky is past it, think a lot of fans have identified this, hence why a lot of fans want to see a new left-back. De Laet for me will always be a poor defender, until I see him perform better, and show more consistency in that part of his game, I would happily see him start next season if we stay in the Championship, but if we get promoted and he still get's played, then good luck to him, because I can really see him struggling. 

I said nothing about goal difference, I said goals conceaded. Which over the season, is up there with the best, Da Laet and Konchesky have played all year and for the best part of the 6-7 months made up 50% of the Championships best defence, and it still is one of the best defences over the course of the season, So they clearly are not "poor"

Morgan and Keane, have both struggled more a bit  towards the end of the season, Morgans mistake rate has rocketed since late February, I can live with it though as he's brilliant for the best part of the season, Keane might make the odd mistake but he is young, and has all in all, played very well,  and I certainly wouldn't mind having at the club especially ahead of some of the dead wood average centre backs we have at the club (your mate St Ledger for one)

Drinkwater was for 3/4 of the season pushing Wes for my player of the year and James you admit has been excellent.

I like Ric has said am no fan of the "who can we sign from Man U next" approach but your attacks on certain players in here are well out of order, just a desperate attempt at saving face if you ask me.

Ben Mee was better than Michael Keane? Astounding scenes, astounding. Vitor was about on a par but Mee was nowhere near as consistent as Keane has been for us. Do you not recall how many goals we shipped that year under Sousa and Sven?

Archived