Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickyboy

How will SAF retire effect loans?

As mentioned before SAF does not loan to the same club twice, as he is now retiring surely that will improve our chances of having Keane back next season, whether on loan again or depending on the new manager permanent?

I doubt we do business direct with SAF, he'll have a whole army of scouts, youth development officers, reserve managers, youth team managers, etc. You'd imagine they operate with enough autonomy to negotiate loans.

He's hardly going to want or need to be involved with every single youth prospect.

I doubt we do business direct with SAF, he'll have a whole army of scouts, youth development officers, reserve managers, youth team managers, etc. You'd imagine they operate with enough autonomy to negotiate loans.

He's hardly going to want or need to be involved with every single youth prospect.

But hopefully the new manager brings his own staff. Maybe the likes of Mike Phelan may want to try management, or Joyce may want to go to hull under bruce because of his 'special' relationship with the club.

He may not be involved with the loans and be involved with all the youth projects, how ever I would be very surprised if he doesn't issue the directives they follow, e.g. No loaning to the same team twice, this has the possibility to change with a new manager and new ideas this could change

I'm not so sure, I still think he'll leave even if we get promotion. He'll definitely leave if we lose in the play-offs.

Agreed, I think he'll go when the season is done, no matter what happens.

How many loan players have we had from them? I can think of Cleverley, Keane and Lingard. Any others?

The tie up is obviously between Pearson/Walsh & Ferguson, first brokered by Bryan Robson no  doubt.

They did the same at Hull as well as here first time around.

If Pearson leaves we won't get a continued flow of players from them or the other benefits.

Not just loans, but Shlupp training with them & our U21's spending the day with them.

However, hasn't SAF accepted position as director & ambassador? So a little influence.

Like I say it won't be anything to do with him retiring, more what happens with Pearson.

I know this is for another thread..........but people should be careful what they wish for, Pearson (Walsh) has used his contacts very well to get good young players in, we were(are) short of an experienced head or two in getting results in games to get 3 points.

I know that doesn't explain some terrible games in last 3 months. But i'm thinking P'borough, Cardiff, Brighton, Birmingham.

It could improve our chances of getting him for another seasons loan or maybe full time. Also why are some fans saying Pearson won't be here next season??? We've not even played the 1st leg yet and fans saying crap like that, get behind Pearson and the team!

The tie up is obviously between Pearson/Walsh & Ferguson, first brokered by Bryan Robson no  doubt.

They did the same at Hull as well as here first time around.

If Pearson leaves we won't get a continued flow of players from them or the other benefits.

Not just loans, but Shlupp training with them & our U21's spending the day with them.

However, hasn't SAF accepted position as director & ambassador? So a little influence.

Like I say it won't be anything to do with him retiring, more what happens with Pearson.

I know this is for another thread..........but people should be careful what they wish for, Pearson (Walsh) has used his contacts very well to get good young players in, we were(are) short of an experienced head or two in getting results in games to get 3 points.

I know that doesn't explain some terrible games in last 3 months. But i'm thinking P'borough, Cardiff, Brighton, Birmingham.

This is how popular Fergie was at Old Trafford 3 years into his reign, 3 years is ample time to come up with the goods, especially when you think that at this club, we expect it with one summer

2mqnm8n.jpg

Yes, Pearson isn't Fergie, but hey - We're not ManUtd

Of course whether he'll get chance to add to the young core & build on it or we tear it down and start again, again, again... is anyone's guess. but the players are responding well so I think as long as that continues there's more chance than not that he'll get chance to continue building.

As mentioned before SAF does not loan to the same club twice, as he is now retiring surely that will improve our chances of having Keane back next season, whether on loan again or depending on the new manager permanent?

Do you mean the same player because we've had quite a players on loan from Man U over the years (yes we did use the loan system a lot even before this season!) mainly because generally any we had did well (Webber,Cleverley and Kuszczak)?

Don't forget Ferguson is still going to be at Old Trafford so will probably put in a good word for clubs like ours who have looked after his players before if the new manager wants to send youngsters out on loan again...

Who is there to get on loan anyway, apart from Nick Powell?

The rest are not good enough.

This is a good day for us, not a bad one.

No more Man Utd youth players  :yahoo:

Who is there to get on loan anyway, apart from Nick Powell?

The rest are not good enough.

This is a good day for us, not a bad one.

No more Man Utd youth players :yahoo:

Every time I see you've posted I expect to read something ridiculous. .....again, you've not let me down!

Or is it some attempt at being witty?

Every time I see you've posted I expect to read something ridiculous. .....again, you've not let me down!

Or is it you being "witty"?

Nope people know by now I don't like all these Man Utd youth players.

Absolutely pathetic, James has been our best buy from Man Utd, apart from that I can't remember really rating anybody else, even Tom Cleverley he had his average games for us, and didn't really excite me like Mark Davies did.

Archived