Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickyboy

How will SAF retire effect loans?

Who is there to get on loan anyway, apart from Nick Powell?

The rest are not good enough.

This is a good day for us, not a bad one.

No more Man Utd youth players  :yahoo:

Do you really expect to be taken seriously! You really have no idea.

Nope people know by now I don't like all these Man Utd youth players.

Absolutely pathetic, James has been our best buy from Man Utd, apart from that I can't remember really rating anybody else, even Tom Cleverley he had his average games for us, and didn't really excite me like Mark Davies did.

It's a bad day when you start to agree with Kingfox

Do you really expect to be taken seriously! You really have no idea.

I think I made a valid point, it's not a joke.

Do you want us to keep signing these Man Utd youth players every season, it will be Larnell Cole next, or Will Keane.

James is top notch, but apart from that of the players I can remember, Michael Keane has done well but has had his off games, never really thought much of Cleverley, Drinkwater is pathetic, while Jesse Lingard was laughable and pointless. 

Do you want us to keep signing these Man Utd youth players every season, it will be Larnell Cole next, or Will Keane.

James is top notch, but apart from that of the players I can remember, Michael Keane has done well but has had his off games, never really thought much of Cleverley, Drinkwater is pathetic, while Jesse Lingard was laughable and pointless.

Young players are bound to have trouble with consistency, you can't expect them to play excellent week in week out. If they could do that they wouldn't be playing in the championship now would they? Loans and buys from man utd are a good thing, no point buying a bunch of 30 year olds who are good enough for the championship but won't improve, because once we make it to the premier leauge they will be out of their depth unlike with the youngsters from utd who have quality and most importantly potential to play at a higher level.

We already did anyway he won't make the grade at Manchester United in the short term longer term maybe like Shawcross for example.

£1m should do the trick imo.

I never thought Cleverley would make it at United but he somehow has done fairly well. Johnny Evans isn't as gifted as you'd expect for a United player but he's commanded a place and has been a success there. They won't let Keane go without a few more years development IMO.

Drinkwater is not pathetic, he's been superb for us at times. He's got some improving to do to become a quality and consistent player but on the whole he's beena good purchase. I'm not overly keen on the " let's see who United will let us buy policy " but you're wrong about Drinkwater.

Young players are bound to have trouble with consistency, you can't expect them to play excellent week in week out. If they could do that they wouldn't be playing in the championship now would they? Loans and buys from man utd are a good thing, no point buying a bunch of 30 year olds who are good enough for the championship but won't improve, because once we make it to the premier leauge they will be out of their depth unlike with the youngsters from utd who have quality and most importantly potential to play at a higher level.

Fair points, but I don't really see the need to go to Manchester United all the time, there are other clubs with young players, who are actually probably better, than United's. 

Don't expect us to sign a bunch of 30 year olds, experience will be nice because we need it, but these Man Utd loanees have never really impressed me, young players are of course not going to perform to high standards every week, but I've seen a number of loanees come into Leicester City football club and perform much better than the likes of Keane, Drinkwater and Cleverley.

Kyle Naughton was absolutely fantastic, so was Mark Davies, Miguel Vitor, Ben Mee etc...

Drinkwater is not pathetic, he's been superb for us at times. He's got some improving to do to become a quality and consistent player but on the whole he's beena good purchase. I'm not overly keen on the " let's see who United will let us buy policy " but you're wrong about Drinkwater.

Drinkwater has been dropped recently for a reason, and that reason is because he isn't good enough, low on confidence.

Like I've said many times mate, Drinkwater at the start of the season was my most improved player, because I didn't think much of him when we signed him, but for the second half of this season, he has turned back to his shitty average ways.

The lad is too negative for my liking, I just don't like what he produces on a football pitch, passing it backwards, sideways, taking too many touches, slowing the game down, that's not what I like to see from Leicester City players.

His performances piss me off, more than any other player.

De Laet?

Fair points, but I don't really see the need to go to Manchester United all the time, there are other clubs with young players, who are actually probably better, than United's. 

Don't expect us to sign a bunch of 30 year olds, experience will be nice because we need it, but these Man Utd loanees have never really impressed me, young players are of course not going to perform to high standards every week, but I've seen a number of loanees come into Leicester City football club and perform much better than the likes of Keane, Drinkwater and Cleverley.

Kyle Naughton was absolutely fantastic, so was Mark Davies, Miguel Vitor, Ben Mee etc...

manchester united has one of the best youth systems in the country why not take advantage of the relationship nigel and his staff have with them? we have looked elsewhere in terms of loans with kane and he hasnt exactly set the world alight. drinkwater, de laet, kean and james have all had a bigger impact then kane has done.

De Laet?

Yep him as well.

Defensively poor, attacking wise very good at times.

But I said he was a poor defender, ever since he signed on the dotted line, and a lot on the forum were slagging me off again.

But I was right.

Yep him as well.

Defensively poor, attacking wise very good at times.

But I said he was a poor defender, ever since he signed on the dotted line, and a lot on the forum were slagging me off again.

But I was right.

He's not a bad defender is excellent going forwards and one of our most consistant players this season.

Dunno what planet your on at times.

manchester united has one of the best youth systems in the country why not take advantage of the relationship nigel and his staff have with them? we have looked elsewhere in terms of loans with kane and he hasnt exactly set the world alight. drinkwater, de laet, kean and james have all had a bigger impact then kane has done.

Fair point again, but I also mentioned other players like Naughton, Mee, Vitor, Davies, all of which came from other clubs and performed better than Drinky, Cleverley, De Laet and Keane.

We have a good relationship with Man Utd, but I don't see the need of buying or loaning there youth players every season, Pearson did the same with Hull by bringing in Dudgeon, Brady and others.

Just don't think much of these Man Utd youngsters, if we stay in the Championship I'm sure we will see some more come through the door next season. 

Fair point again, but I also mentioned other players like Naughton, Mee, Vitor, Davies, all of which came from other clubs and performed better than Drinky, Cleverley, De Laet and Keane.

We have a good relationship with Man Utd, but I don't see the need of buying or loaning there youth players every season, Pearson did the same with Hull by bringing in Dudgeon, Brady and others.

Just don't think much of these Man Utd youngsters, if we stay in the Championship I'm sure we will see some more come through the door next season. 

Who have just led Hull City to automatic promotion.

He's not a bad defender is excellent going forwards and one of our most consistant players this season.

Dunno what planet your on at times.

He's not a bad defender  lol

I love his attacking skills, but defensively he is poor, and has been for the majority of this season. 

He has had his good games, but I'm not the only one to question his defensive skills.

Put him in the Premier League, and he will have a nightmare most weeks. 

Who have just led Hull City to automatic promotion.

Chester and Brady are the only players who play week in week out for Hull, Dudgeon hardly played, Evans in and out the team.

But Hull had loads of Man Utd players on loan when Pearson was in charge, currently they have none. 

I doubt we do business direct with SAF, he'll have a whole army of scouts, youth development officers, reserve managers, youth team managers, etc. You'd imagine they operate with enough autonomy to negotiate loans.

He's hardly going to want or need to be involved with every single youth prospect.

Aye, it's almost certainly a case of his people talking to our people. Club to club, it's got little to do with NFP and SAF having any kind of special relationship.

where exactly did we get with those loanees? no where, we couldnt even make the playoffs and im sure the wages they where on would have been incredibly higher then the wages of drinkwater james etc. pearsons signings from utd at hull are amoung the players that just got hull promoted so invalid point.

He's not a bad defender  lol

I love his attacking skills, but defensively he is poor, and has been for the majority of this season. 

He has had his good games, but I'm not the only one to question his defensive skills.

Put him in the Premier League, and he will have a nightmare most weeks. 

He's not a bad Championship defender. We're not in the Premier League.

I could give a lot more suspect full backs defensively than Da Laet. He's balded headed mate at left back for one over the cause of the season, and he has, not matter what you say, been one of of our better players this seaosn :dunno:

where exactly did we get with those loanees? no where, we couldnt even make the playoffs and im sure the wages they where on would have been incredibly higher then the wages of drinkwater james etc. pearsons signings from utd at hull are amoung the players that just got hull promoted so invalid point.

But they performed much better than the likes of Cleverley, Keane, Drinkwater and De Laet.

Naughton > De Laet

Davies > Cleverley

Vitor/Mee > Keane

Regardless if it was Sven in charge when most of them came through the door, they were better.

Also on Hull, Chester, Evans and Dudgeon were Pearson's signings and not Steve Bruce's. 

He's not a bad Championship defender. We're not in the Premier League.

I could give a lot more suspect full backs defensively than Da Laet. He's balded headed mate at left back for one over the cause of the season, and he has, not matter what you say, been one of of our better players this seaosn :dunno:

Type that out again ;)

But they performed much better than the likes of Cleverley, Keane, Drinkwater and De Laet.

Naughton > De Laet

Davies > Cleverley

Vitor/Mee > Keane

Regardless if it was Sven in charge when most of them came through the door, they were better.

Also on Hull, Chester, Evans and Dudgeon were Pearson's signings and not Steve Bruce's. 

naughton - 20-30k a week

de laet - 10-15 k a week

cleverley is playing for england and davies is at bolton, enough said

mee was not any better then keane imo. 

regardless if they weren't Bruce's signings ex utd players got a team promoted so why cant it do the same here

If your referring to the typos I am on some severly heavy pain killers for a trapped nerve so my spelling is even worse than usual, I am sure you get the jist.

I take it you were on about Konchesky?

If so he was one of our most consistent performers last season, this season he has turned into Wellens take 2. 

From one of our best players one season, to distinctly average the next. 

New left-back is a must.

But still De Laet is defensively poor, he has had his good defensive games, but he has been more bad than good defensive wise. 

Archived