Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Konchesky back in?

I dont think Schlupp's problem was his defending. It was those the ones he flat out missed that Watford should have put away. If he can get the basic errors out of his game then I like him there. Can we risk his errors at Watford?

You're right I think, his defending wasn't too bad, it was fundamental errors like kicking the fvcking football which did it in for him lol

I've sat on the fence but here's how I see it....

NP could swap Schlupp for Konchesky but to be perfectly honest, the changers Schlupp dropped tonight are exactly the same type of errors that Konchesky regularly makes. The difference being, Schlupp has the pace to recover whereas Konchesky doesn't. Also, whose more like to pose an attacking threat. I would take Jeff aside and have a word but I wouldn't drop him.

Exactly, if Schlupp hadn't completely missed the football twice we would be probably saying he was one of the best out there. Personally think he'll gain confidence and experience from this.

I would have considered bringing Konch on for Dyer for the last 15 - Schlupp still looked effective going forward, but bringing him off would have been a big vote of no confidence. He doesn't particularly need that at his age (although the team should come first in such a big game). Put Konch in behind and push Jeff forward. I think he may even have got a boost from being told, "Right, have a proper go at them".

Konchesky simply isn't quick enough to deal with their wing backs. Jeff was good tonight apart from a few moments where he lost his composure.

Disagree completely, Anya knows he can't beat Schlupp for pace and so very rarely got to the byline. If we play Konch he will do him every single time. Schlupp's pace is a deterent and we need it against these. Tonight he was technically poor but what are the odds of him making such howlers again.

No thanks, Anya tore konch a new arsehole a couple of weeks ago, jeff didn't have his best game tonight but he is a lot more effective at dealing with Anya because of his pace.

Kock will let Anya get to the byline and then it will be pinbll time until they score. Put Schlupp there and he has to move inside....simples play Schlupp

Hands up who can actually think a little deeper and read why certain players are playing where they are! :thumbup:

He was there to counter Anya's pace. Didn't have the greatest of games at times defensively but was very neat going forward at times.

Konchesky would be murdered by Anya's pace, we need Schlupp and Dyer there to counter that. That's why despite him being on a disciplinary tight-rope with the yellow card he was left on, Pearson couldn't risk a (maybe not fully fit) Konchesky against the pace down Watford's right.

So keep him in!

hopefully he has got the worst of the nerves out tonight and will settle, lets face it, its a tough game for a young lad without much experiecnce.

His pace and the threat he adds is worth the risk IMO.  

Im a konch fan, but he is now off the pace and i might be tempted to put him on with 20 mins to go and if we are a goal up.

All in all he made two bad mistakes, but take them out and he didn't have a shocker as some would say. He looked a threat going forwards and I would like to see him back in on Sunday. It appeared that the occasion got to him a bit and I can't see him making the same kind of mistakes again. Konchesky got skinned against Watford last time and today Watford didn't pose much of a threat against Schlupp apart from when he made the two big mistakes. Sure Pearson will have had a word and he'll be more composed on Sunday.

Archived