Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Konchesky back in?

Schlupp was poor tonight. However, I still think he's decent at LB but perhaps the pressure has been a bit much for him, he's very young and inexperienced. I wouldn't necessarily say that we should bring Konchesky back because to be perfectly honest, I think he's awful. What do you guys think? Discuss...

I was really disappointed in the likes of Kasper, Morgan and Dyer tonight. I thought Schlupp, on a few occasions, really needed an older head to put their arm about him and just have a word.

His pace and his positioning kept their right flank largely quiet and he and Lloyd scared them shittless going forward.

But there were moments where he just looked like a rabbit in the headlines and I'm sure that's just down to the occasion. We lacked composure all round the park at moments today and some of the younger heads, Schlupp and Knocky in particular, were amongst the most guilty. 

Schlupp looked like he was on a suicide mission at times tonight. Clearly feeling the pressure and would surely have been ripped to bits by a better side who really wanted to get at him. Watford will definitely have him down as a weakness for Sunday and they will look to exploit him as much as possible. Defensively, playing him would be a big risk.  

I would bring Konch back in to start. Bring Schlupp on if we need a goal and we think a pacy full back on the overlap might help.

I was really disappointed in the likes of Kasper, Morgan and Dyer tonight. I thought Schlupp, on a few occasions, really needed an older head to put their arm about him and just have a word.

His pace and his positioning kept their right flank largely quiet and he and Lloyd scared them shittless going forward.

But there were moments where he just looked like a rabbit in the headlines and I'm sure that's just down to the occasion. We lacked composure all round the park at moments today and some of the younger heads, Schlupp and Knocky in particular, were amongst the most guilty. 

Good shout. To be honest we don't know what was said at half time. I agree though, he needed a chat.

Guest BlueBrett

Keep Schlupp in.  He had an off game defensively but I like the threat posed by him and Dyer on the same side. Also Anya was poor tonight but he would have Konch for breakfast with his pace.  Schlupp proved on a couple of occasions that he is actually a yard quicker and I think that will be crucial away from home.

I would go for experience in the second leg, we need to be very disciplined when we got to Watford, cut out all the sloppy passes, I would say we should line up 5 in midfield! break down there attack's exactly like they did with us tonight and play there game and hit them on the counter, biggest question mark is does Wood keep his place, below average tonight for me, clearly carrying an injury of some kind???

I'd keep him in.

Konchesky has recently had an operation, which means he won't be at full fitness, he also struggled against them two weeks ago.

Schlupp had a poor game but can learn from it. Throwing him aside won't do his confidence any good.

Worst I've seen Schlupp but I wonder what impact he had on their right winger by pushing on. Not been convinced with Konch all season, seen him make similar clangers so would probably stick with Jeff, he might have learnt a lot from tonight.

I thought Schlupp had a shocker. He looked like a player who had been thrown in for his first game: two scuffed howlers in defence and then, just as the commentator said 'schlupp is up from where he's comfortable', he skies it into row Z. I would feel more confident if Konchesky was back in.

Disagree completely, Anya knows he can't beat Schlupp for pace and so very rarely got to the byline. If we play Konch he will do him every single time. Schlupp's pace is a deterent and we need it against these. Tonight he was technically poor but what are the odds of him making such howlers again.

I'd keep him in.

Konchesky has recently had an operation, which means he won't be at full fitness, he also struggled against them two weeks ago.

Schlupp had a poor game but can learn from it. Throwing him aside won't do his confidence any good.

I don't mean to be harsh but I don't really care about Schlupp's confidence. His confidence is a short and long term thing, the play-offs are immediate.

To be honest i think Schlupp often did well as he was left 1 on 1 with Anyi an awful lot and if that was Koncheskey you'd have seen Anyi completely skin him a few times. I also thought Dyer missed alot of opportunities to come in and double up which didn't help. Add to that we had a very fussy ref. I think Schlupp did ok. If i was Pearson i'd be praising what he did well to try to calm him down for the 2nd leg because he just needed abit more composure.

Disagree completely, Anya knows he can't beat Schlupp for pace and so very rarely got to the byline. If we play Konch he will do him every single time. Schlupp's pace is a deterent and we need it against these. Tonight he was technically poor but what are the odds of him making such howlers again.

Good point re konchesky's pace (or lack of)

Schlupp was our weak link tonight tbh everything cane down his side for them at one point, but he will get better I believe, mirgan the best player on the pitch tonight, I wish knockaert wasn't so selfish we could have a 2-0 lead tonight and how did Jane miss that open goal? lol I could have scored that easy

How the OP can say Schlupp and Dyer had shockers is the most riduclous statement I've read tonight. Dyer was a contender for MOM. Don't take one or two errors and balloon it into something that isn't there. Clearly the manager is smarter, Schlupp will stay, he's 20 years old, comfortable on the ball and looks deadly going forward. He's a left back, he needs pace. He's the equivalent to Kierran Gibbs.

Dyer was great today. Schlupp did have a mare though.

If they had scored once/twice from his howlers (which they probably should have scored at least once from tbh) then you wouldn't be saying otherwise.

I said tonight that the only thing I would have changed from Pearson's tactics would be to have brought Konchesky on at around the 65-70 minute mark. Schlupp was great before his card but very suspect afterwards. I don't trust Konchesky's legs against Abdi at the start of a game, but trust his experience once he's tired himself out a bit.

I'd back Schlupp in the 2nd leg, hope he doesn't get booked first half and then take him off for Konch either on the hour, or if he does pick up another yellow in the second half, whichever is sooner.

Both have their merits going forward, too. Wouldn't a Konchesky cracker to settle the tie be immense, eh? :chant:

I dont think Schlupp's problem was his defending. It was those the ones he flat out missed that Watford should have put away. If he can get the basic errors out of his game then I like him there. Can we risk his errors at Watford?

Archived