Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BBCRadioLeicesterSport

Final plans for the first phone-in!

Afternoon all,

Right, after all the changes to the fixtures, we now know that we'll be doing the phone-in this Monday from the studios.

If anyone would like to come into the studio and air their point of view on a number of topics then we would love to see you there, between 6-7, this Monday night.

We are now based in the new building at St Nicholas Place.

As I say, this is an open invite, but if you would like to come along, send me a quick e-mail so I have idea of numbers.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Wow this is a great idea, unfortunately I can't make it because I've got an exam retake the following day. Got to praise your work on improving the phone ins for this season though Jon.

This is an excellent opportunityfor some of the disgruntled fans to say there peice.

Hi Jon, thanks for taking the time and EFFORT to listen to us, some of us are old and there are some younger ones too on this forum, so this should give you a cross section.

Ladies / Gents please be nice to him as it's the foxestalk's chance to air its point of view....no abuse to him!

Ahhh, come on - I'm not adverse to a bit of abuse now and again !!!

Thanks for the nice comments - just hope you like the phone in more - I am keen to get as many different voices on as possible, and think a few people in the studio, as well as callers will help things to be a bit lively and more controversial.

By the way, saw you were talking about a striker today - well spoke to Levein earlier and he IS definately trying to get one in, but doesn't seem overly concerned if it isn't in time for the Sheff Utd game.

Connolly and Hughes won't play tomorrow, but expects them both to start next weekend.

Thanks for the nice comments - just hope you like the phone in more - I am keen to get as many different voices on as possible, and think a few people in the studio, as well as callers will help things to be a bit lively and more controversial.

By the way, saw you were talking about a striker today - well spoke to Levein earlier and he IS definately trying to get one in, but doesn't seem overly concerned if it isn't in time for the Sheff Utd game.

Connolly and Hughes won't play tomorrow, but expects them both to start next weekend.

146269[/snapback]

Interesting to hear that. Didn't Levein say Connolly would play against Oxford??

Yeah, it's only a slight groin strain, but what's the point in taking the risk. Interesting to see if he starts the first game, having not played any competitive footy.

146304[/snapback]

Connolly is invaluable to us, so I imagine Levein would rather throw him on from the start and take him off when he's knackered against Sheff United. I don't suppose you know who Levein is targeting? Rumours are that it's either Ian Hume or Kris Boyd? Have we got enough money to pay a transfer fee for a striker?

Also do you know much about Canero and Levein's dislike for him?

Cheers

No idea about a name for a striker - heard this stuff about Hume, but would be suprised if City have 500,000 to spend.

Canero decision suprised me slightly after playing against Inter from the start, and also being in the Boston line-up.

Levein told me today that he simply wasn't the kind of full back he wanted at the club; he wanted a more defensive-minded player in the full back positions.

Bad time for Canero to leave though, would think it'll be difficult for him to find a club at this late stage - guess he'll go back to Scotland.

The Levein interview i did earlier will be on about 18.20 tonight with a piece from McCarthy as well - admits to finding pre-season a killer this year !

Can certainly confirm that there isn't £500k to spend, its bargain basement shopping that needs to take place

146508[/snapback]

Well we've paid £250,000 for Gerrbrand and Gilbert so I would also be surprised if we had £500k. How much have we got then? A fee similar to the Gerrbrand and Gilbert deals?

Not sure, would guess money for them came from Matt Heath and Jordan Stewart's departure, plus the money they saved from the likes of Walker and Dabizas.

Tim Davies is on the phone-in in tonihgt, so why not ring up and ask him !

Cheers

147776[/snapback]

I will try, i've got to bloody go Asda tonight so I might ring up with my head in the freezer. If you hear 'good evening ladies and gentlemen here we have in the foyer some lovely hot chickens ready to take away for just £2.99' tehn you'll know it's me!!! :D

I dont think paying for a player is what it used to be, £250K will get you a half decent player the equivalent of £2m a few years back...

Nils cost blackburn £3m ...cost us nowt....etc

Usually the sticking point is the wages as most clubs wont pay through the nose now for a player, if a player knows whats good for him a wages drop and longer deal is better than ending up on the scrap heap...(Gemill????)

Even the Prem is noticing this, only exceptional talent will be paid bucket loads.

146269[/snapback]

Just a little bit worrying that the only area that really desperately needed strengthening hasn't been touched yet! :unsure:

Archived