Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BBCRadioLeicesterSport

Final plans for the first phone-in!

Katassi, when asked if there was anything you would like to change about LCFC, how badly did you want to say DeVries? lol

148218[/snapback]

I cant actually remember what I said, it just goes by in a blur but I would never have said De Vries :P it seems like hes improved in the close season and like I said on the show, I am prepared to see what he has to offer. I think the De Vries thing was taken totally out of context lol

I cant actually remember what I said, it just goes by in a blur but I would never have said De Vries  :P it seems like hes improved in the close season and like I said on the show, I am prepared to see what he has to offer. I think the De Vries thing was taken totally out of context  lol

148243[/snapback]

I don't even think he is here as an out and out goalscorer if the truth be known. I see him more as a link up player/feeder for Connolly.

Good luck to him! The negativity surrounding him can;t be doing him any good!

I don't even think he is here as an out and out goalscorer if the truth be known.  I see him more as a link up player/feeder for Connolly. 

Good luck to him!  The negativity surrounding him can;t be doing him any good!

148251[/snapback]

I've never seen him as a bad player, just one who never really looked match fit, except for the Charlton cup game, which was by far his best performance in a City shirt.

IS that the same bloke who said de vries is worse now than when he first joined lol

148258[/snapback]

Yes I think it was. Im not a big fan of De Vries as you are fully aware now lol but like ive said, he will get my full support come 12.45 on saturday..........

de Vries will score on saturday.

3 goals in 4 starts in pre-season isn't too bad, I think he'll get 10-15 goals next season if he can get a couple early on and the fans don't try and kill him.

Mark de Vries..........is gonna tear you apart.

Katy, ignore the bullshit that people spout, I thought you and Cobbo were great on the phone in last night. Its the first phone in I've listened to all the way through for a long time and I think it was a great idea to invite fans on and you had the guts to go and try it out. You've inspired me to give it a go at some point this season.

148203[/snapback]

As always Sheff is a voice of reason. :D:thumbup: However I did think Katy was a little too "like whatever". That statement is nothing more than an honest assessment of what I heard and I put it down to a defence mechanism.

I thought Cobbo and Lee (Leigh sp ? :blink: ) were fine but am I to understand from Cobbo's accent that he went to a Public School.

I would say to all three, well done for having the gumption to get off your backsides and get down there and participate. Perhaps we can have the next phase of the inter-forum wars in the BBC studios next week. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

As always Sheff is a voice of reason.  :D:thumbup:However I did think Katy was a little too "like whatever". That statement is nothing more than an honest assessment of what I heard and I put it down to a defence mechanism.

I thought Cobbo and Lee (Leigh sp ? :blink: ) were fine but am I to understand from Cobbo's accent that he went to a Public School.

I would say to all three, well done for having the gumption to get off your backsides and  get down there and participate. Perhaps we can have the next phase of the inter-forum  wars in the BBC studios next week.  :)  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

148282[/snapback]

Or maybe its because I am clueless and know completely nothing about football ;) you are right though Steven , I dont think I did female supporters trying to be taken seriously any good at all last night and for that I apologise. I can talk a good game but obviously not via the public medium of Radio :(

Or maybe its because I am clueless and know completely nothing about football  ;) you are right though Steven , I dont think I did female supporters trying to be taken seriously any good at all last night and for that I apologise. I can talk a good game but obviously not via the public medium of Radio  :(

148284[/snapback]

Football is about opinions so that's fine. Clearly all three of you were nervous as we could hear that in the voices. Fair enough I think and all three reacted differently. I'm sure if you all did that a couple of more times, we would all hear something different. Well done to everyone for putting themselves out there. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Football is about opinions so that's fine. Clearly all three of you were nervous as we could hear that in the voices. Fair enough I think and all three reacted differently. I'm sure if you all did that a couple of more times, we would all hear something different. Well done to everyone for putting themselves out there.  :)  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

148285[/snapback]

Thanks for your input Steven, so when are we going to hear your knowledgable insight into Leicester City on Radio Leicester then?

Or maybe its because I am clueless and know completely nothing about football  ;) you are right though Steven , I dont think I did female supporters trying to be taken seriously any good at all last night and for that I apologise. I can talk a good game but obviously not via the public medium of Radio  :(

148284[/snapback]

Nonsense! You made your points well and it's certainly not easy whan a mic is shoved in your face.

Maybe you didn't get across all you wanted to say during the show itself, but you still made plenty of valid points, more then most could have done I suspect.

I for one know you had more to say too, but it's hard as I said when you're put on the spot live on radio, because as soon as we'd finished you were asking Tim so many things and making points about various things to do with the club.

Thanks for your input Steven, so when are we going to hear your knowledgable insight into Leicester City on Radio Leicester then?

148288[/snapback]

When I have seen us play live a few times. ;)

148284[/snapback]

Far too hard on yourself Katy, having gone through the experience once you now know what to expect & should go on again. A couple of us from the Trust sound reasonably confident as we have been on the radio loads of times (Ian B used to work at Radio Leicester many years ago, so has the experience).

Like yourself it was Leigh's first time last night & we aim to get other Trust board members on through the season.

We are all in favour of John Barber's new approach & feel it is a good format to be used for most weeks.

Hopefully a number of different fans will make themselves available on Monday nights in the future, would imagine some weeks may get quite heated & I don't think it harms to debate a topic with fellow fans with a passionate voice

Far too hard on yourself Katy, having gone through the experience once you now know what to expect & should go on again. A couple of us from the Trust sound reasonably confident as we have been on the radio loads of times (Ian B used to work at Radio Leicester many years ago, so has the experience).

Like yourself it was Leigh's first time last night & we aim to get other Trust board members on through the season.

We are all in favour of John Barber's new approach & feel it is a good format to be used for most weeks.

Hopefully a number of different fans will make themselves available on Monday nights in the future, would imagine some weeks may get quite heated & I don't think it harms to debate a topic with fellow fans with a passionate voice

148341[/snapback]

Thankyou very much :) I did the best I could but I think I may give it a miss after what has occured today but I really think other fans should do - it was a great experience.

Ps Steven, Sam told me to tell you that he has never been anywhere near public school and can I add that he maybe only sounded posh because he was next to common as muck Katassi :D whateva gurlfriend! :rolleyes:;)

Hi Guys,

Jon B here. I'm really glad that you seemed to enjoy the first phone in of the season. Any ideas you have for future programmes please say. I don't want it to be entirely guests in the studio, but also a lot of opportunity for other fans on the phone, to agree/disagree etc.

I think if we can get the balance right, it'll be a really lively hour, and the best place (other than here I suppose you would say!) where you can get your point across (whatever it is).

I intend to have a fans group like yesterday on a regular basis, but also other guests (hopefully players, the manager, journalists etc) depending on what the story of the week is.

As you will see from Katy and Sam, they seemed to enjoy the evening, especially the opportunity to speak to the Tim D direct, and I hope it encourages more of you to come on - either on the phone or in the studio.

I genuinally believe that hour is for the fans, and I want to hear the points you have to say.

Cheers,

I'd like the opportunity to come down one week, although I won't be able to for a few weeks. It was certainly more interesting though to have fans on the show giving their opinions as well as just the presenters and the people moaning on the phone.

P.S. Jon, please give my ratings web site a mention on Saturday's commentary if you could, it would be much appreciated. :)

Sheff.

Archived