Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Knockaert got married

Our owners have 20+ years experience of supporting their team(s) with impressive results. It is fairly certain that we will lose the services of Vydra and Chalobah but we have no doubt replacements will be as good if not better. The owners want their hands on the PL dosh. We don't even mind supporting our sister clubs.

Our failure to go up was probably down to key injuries to CB's. If we had had a commanding player like Les Morgan then we would have been promoted. Maybe Zola is a bit too attack minded, only next season will tell.

As Leicester is my local club I hope they are promoted this year, loved the atmosphere you guys created at the KP playoff.

Cheers mate, hopefully both clubs can be promoted next season!

:|

I find that rather worrying.

I said in the past to a Watford fan (I don't think it was you) that the club was losing it's identity and had become part of the Pozzo FC conglomerate. My comment was sharply denied and the chap I was speaking to said he still felt a great deal of individuality about his club. Fair enough I thought, good that he still feels Watford remains his unique club to go and watch on a Saturday.

Yet now we have Watford supporters willingly accept their assimilation into this ugly super club emerging in Europe.  :(  Forget my views on whether you're 'cheating' or not and realise that you should only support one club. But now because you're so closely linked to Granada and Udinese you feel you should support them too as they constitute part of Pozzo FC.

I do only support one club. By helping sister clubs I mean by loaning them players if required and in the best interest of both teams. I disagree that having owners that control 3 clubs in separate countries is ugly. The owners have proved they are in for the long haul, the clubs are in much better shape than at the start of the ownership, i.e. Granada have just announced that they will be debt free this year. I accept the situation is unusual but lets give it a try. There must be a real effort to make football clubs sustainable, clubs like Leicester have shown that spending money they don't have is not the way forward. Certainly if the quality of the football this coming season is as good as last season then roll on Pozzo's.

Glad it takes his mind out of the thought of that saved penalty.

Let's hope he performs well like he did last season...

because 1.) he's a player that has passion and potential, 2.) seems very much dedicated to this football club, and 3.) is very good on the ball when going forward.

:fc:

I do only support one club. By helping sister clubs I mean by loaning them players if required and in the best interest of both teams. I disagree that having owners that control 3 clubs in separate countries is ugly. The owners have proved they are in for the long haul, the clubs are in much better shape than at the start of the ownership, i.e. Granada have just announced that they will be debt free this year. I accept the situation is unusual but lets give it a try. There must be a real effort to make football clubs sustainable, clubs like Leicester have shown that spending money they don't have is not the way forward. Certainly if the quality of the football this coming season is as good as last season then roll on Pozzo's.

I don't think those three clubs are really that separate anymore. You've said you like the idea of exchanging players, this implies that there aren't three squads for three clubs but one squad accessible to all. Players can be ferried around to wherever they are most needed.

Three manifestations of one club. That is the bit I'd describe as ugly.

I realise that this plan is very beneficial to you all but that doesn't justify it IMO. For example Man City have benefited from their spending yet I hardly think you appreciate what they've done. In a similar way I feel that having three squads isn't right.

I don't think those three clubs are really that separate anymore. You've said you like the idea of exchanging players, this implies that there aren't three squads for three clubs but one squad accessible to all. Players can be ferried around to wherever they are most needed.

Three manifestations of one club. That is the bit I'd describe as ugly.

I realise that this plan is very beneficial to you all but that doesn't justify it IMO. For example Man City have benefited from their spending yet I hardly think you appreciate what they've done. In a similar way I feel that having three squads isn't right.

I agree Harry, so far the norm is just to find an owner willing to splash the most cash. This is not desirable or sustainable because many clubs find themselves in a bad financial condition when their plans inevitably fail. This is ugly.

I'm not pretending that the Pozzo idea is perfect but their results are quite spectacular over a long period giving the supporters of each respective team, good football, good facilities and most importantly a sustainable future. It is only deemed unfair on other teams because they continue with the old financial model which is bound to fail. Fortunately for Leicester most things are already in place, good facilities, fan base, realistic manager etc. 

Archived