Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Your Top 10 Most Embarrassing Moments at the Match

Walking down the street at Spurs away, reading the programme. Very busy road. Not looking where I was going, walked smack bang into a lamp post and ended up flat on the floor with the programme open over my face. Cue hundreds of people laughing at me and had to get up and continue my walk of shame down the road with everyone shouting comments and wisecracks.

I remember standing in the Spion Kop, many moons ago. We'd had the customary pre-match skinful and one of my mates was bursting for a piss.

Now, if anyone remembers back to Spion 2, it wasn't exactly easy to get back up the terrace to where the bogs where. So what did my mate do? He only went and whipped out his John Thomas and proceeded to relieve himself amongst a crowd of rowdy fans.

Of course, many moved out of his way, others shouted 'dirty bastard' etc etc.

All in all, quite an embarrassing moment...

lol

The only one that springs to mind was when I was young un about 14 I had season tickets with my Dad in the family stand, he couldn't make it one match so I invited a friend from school.

Pretty early on my friend got told to stop swearing, a bit embarrassing. This was back in the days of MON and there was the 'Martin O'Neill'/'Blue and white army' chant. This gets going in the second half and we are joining in with the Martin O'Neill bit. Except my friend was singing 'one-nil' instead of Martin O'Neill. And quite loudly in the sedate family stand. I asked him what he was singing, he said one-nil, I asked him why seeing as it was currently 0-0. He said that he wanted us to make it one nil. He had been to quite a few matches before so god knows what he thought the chant meant if we were winning 2-1 for example. Was more embarrassing for him than me I guess.

The only one that springs to mind was when I was young un about 14 I had season tickets with my Dad in the family stand, he couldn't make it one match so I invited a friend from school.

Pretty early on my friend got told to stop swearing, a bit embarrassing. This was back in the days of MON and there was the 'Martin O'Neill'/'Blue and white army' chant. This gets going in the second half and we are joining in with the Martin O'Neill bit. Except my friend was singing 'one-nil' instead of Martin O'Neill. And quite loudly in the sedate family stand. I asked him what he was singing, he said one-nil, I asked him why seeing as it was currently 0-0. He said that he wanted us to make it one nil. He had been to quite a few matches before so god knows what he thought the chant meant if we were winning 2-1 for example. Was more embarrassing for him than me I guess.

lol

:thumbup:

With my ex back in 03/04..Vs Everton. 90th minute Ricky Scimica I think it was is set up and shoots(right in line with us in L block)..keeper tips it round the post or onto the post. my ex got excited and fell off her seat with literally 10 or so people laughing their arses off and me embaressingly smiling.

Little joke and stuff with people around, in the meantime the corner came in and Bent headed in and equalised in the last minute! haha cue wild celebrations.

I often used to scream out " get off the pitch you useless cvnt ( insert various names) you're a fookin waste of space!! "

The  particular player I'd yelled at was guaranteed to score within minutes of my outburst .

I've fell down the stairs after a match at the KP in sk1, rolled down about 6 until I bundled into the back if some fellas legs.

Also walked into a lamppost in narborough road before a match, made the biggest bang you could imagine and a packed narborough road were laughing at me. Every time I walked up to a lamppost fans were shouting 'ohhhhhhhh' and when I went past it there was a little cheer.

Those are my two anyway. Can't top the number 1 from that list though :D

Good job I'm the only one in my office,

Im in pieces reading this, funniest mental images ive ever had!  :D

I've fell down the stairs after a match at the KP in sk1, rolled down about 6 until I bundled into the back if some fellas legs.

Also walked into a lamppost in narborough road before a match, made the biggest bang you could imagine and a packed narborough road were laughing at me. Every time I walked up to a lamppost fans were shouting 'ohhhhhhhh' and when I went past it there was a little cheer.

Those are my two anyway. Can't top the number 1 from that list though :D

Literally made me lol

Driving away to Port vale late 80's. Scarfs flying out the windows. Stopped at Junction and car behind ran reasonably slowly into the back of me. I got out. He fell out (Lcfc fan) picked himself up and staggered over to me, shook my hand and thanked me profusely for stopping is car. Commented he thought he may have had one drink too many and asked me if I could just come to his car and remind him which one the brake pedal was....

Driving away to Port vale late 80's. Scarfs flying out the windows. Stopped at Junction and car behind ran reasonably slowly into the back of me. I got out. He fell out (Lcfc fan) picked himself up and staggered over to me, shook my hand and thanked me profusely for stopping is car. Commented he thought he may have had one drink too many and asked me if I could just come to his car and remind him which one the brake pedal was....

You didn't let him drive off, did you?

Blackpool away, fa cup replay, 2005 if I remember correctly.

Me and a few lads went up to watch on a freezing cold Tuesday night. One of the lads had just sprained his ankle and was on crutches. We were sat on the front row of the old wodden stand, and had all the advertising boards inform of us, to keep the fans off the pitch.

Opened up the sporting blue on the Saturday, there we all were, fantastic photo of us all standing up. My mate had left his crutches on the floor in front of us, and were not in sight in the photo...he was sacked on the Monday for making up false claims of injury to watch the football instead.

lol

My mate drove back from Grimsby once absolutely steaming, he did about 80% of the journey on the hard shoulder as he couldn't negotiate between lanes, how he didn't caught to this day I'll never know. lol

not mine but Remember going to forest away, the first away game of O'Neils first ever season in the prem, have a feeling it was the first away game I ever went to but not sure will have to ask my dad anyway the game finished nil nil and afterwards this fella, a city fan was turning his head to shout abuse at the forest fans as they were leaving the ground.

"your fooking useless, worst forest side in years......'

Then BOOM!!! walks straight into the side of a white van literally mid sentence the forest fans where giving him some right stick after that, still smile to this day when I think of it.

Archived