Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Chris Wood

Chris Wood is a poacher. I've said it a lot of times now but my theory of our downfall last year was that Wood was being used as a target man, our main outlet - and he just isn't one. He's the best finisher at the club, easily, but his all-round game leaves a lot to be desired.

In-fact, watching his attempts at playing as a target man makes me seriously appreciate Steve Howard.

This for me. He's a Cottee type player but in a 6ft frame.

11 goals in 20 games for us last season, and now he hasn't scored in two thirds of a game this season. yep, he's shít. clowns!

True, Plus he will be more settled in the team and a first Pre-Season with us he should be more used to the way we play, instead of coming in half way through the season and having to adapt quickly.

Think he will be pushing 15-20 come game 46

Anyone who says Wood is no good with the ball just lumped up to him obviously didn't see our game at Millwall last season. Where they did precisely that all game and he totally bullied us out of the game. Whether he fancies himself as something more than a bruiser here, or is injured, or just can't be bothered, I have no idea. But it was one of the best performances I saw against us last season.

He was quiet and unimpressive against us at the Den for me.

Archived