Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_lad_92

Negative vibes again & not even kicked off

Why is this Anti-Pearson stuff still going on -__- whether you like what u see on your televisions to judge the man or not he has still tuned our club around from 10 years of free-fall, into a solid hard to beat, young (3rd youngest in football league) side, which can only improve, !! 2 playoff finishes in full seasons, even with all the negativity & stick he got throughout last season, think if we all got behind the man and his young lads. ...You Moan when we were an average side 5yr ago, now still at it when we have a very good young competitive squad does my head in !!

Pearson is hardly the messiah and has his fair amount of faults. but he gets a lot of undeserved stick for a lot of silly little things. and anyway if we got rid, who's going to want to come to a club where they cant spend any money that's significantly better than pearson?

Pearson is hardly the messiah and has his fair amount of faults. but he gets a lot of undeserved stick for a lot of silly little things. and anyway if we got rid, who's going to want to come to a club where they cant spend any money that's significantly better than pearson?

Nope he certainly isn't, and exactly, we'll end up with dowie knowing our luck:L sometimes people don't realise what they have till it's gone...we under Pearson last time had a good squad and set up before changing for Sousa... we all know what happened after that:L hopefully a 2nd full season we can go 1 step further this year with nige :)

Nope he certainly isn't, and exactly, we'll end up with dowie knowing our luck:L sometimes people don't realise what they have till it's gone...we under Pearson last time had a good squad and set up before changing for Sousa... we all know what happened after that:L hopefully a 2nd full season we can go 1 step further this year with nige :)

Hi nige

He just doesn't fill me or alot with confidence, another very similar thread to why do people not like Pearson.

I think it should be agreed now, no more excuses for the man or by the man, he's had the time, and money, it's time for him to prove to everyone he is up to it.

And for me he creates alot of the negativity with his arrogant excuses when thinks go wrong, if he showed abit of humility and maybe be honest with the fans, and stop treating us with contempt, appreciate we want success and understand why we are not happy with the poor results and performances, instead of insulting fans with statements like the fans have " delusions of grandeur" and " if you don't like it don't come".

Maybe if he dropped the arrogants and built a relationship with the fans he might lose some of the negativity, maybe come out with things like" I know the results are poor, sorry but we will sort it out", instead of you fans expect to much.

He just doesn't fill me or alot with confidence, another very similar thread to why do people not like Pearson.

I think it should be agreed now, no more excuses for the man or by the man, he's had the time, and money, it's time for him to prove to everyone he is up to it.

And for me he creates alot of the negativity with his arrogant excuses when thinks go wrong, if he showed abit of humility and maybe be honest with the fans, and stop treating us with contempt, appreciate we want success and understand why we are not happy with the poor results and performances, instead of insulting fans with statements like the fans have " delusions of grandeur" and " if you don't like it don't come".

Maybe if he dropped the arrogants and built a relationship with the fans he might lose some of the negativity, maybe come out with things like" I know the results are poor, sorry but we will sort it out", instead of you fans expect to much.

Had the time? What one full season ? That's how it seems now a days but we'll get nowhere!! We've tried changing manager every year for last 10 years ffs-.- closest we got was last yr and guess what it's because we didn't change gaffer!!

We've already had the media lover 'ollie' that didn't work, Nigel clearly isn't one for the media and fair play to him maybe he's protecting his players, jock Wallace was like that too. But he's right some do expect too much !! We're Leicester city not man utd we won't win every week!!

Had the time? What one full season ? That's how it seems now a days but we'll get nowhere!! We've tried changing manager every year for last 10 years ffs-.- closest we got was last yr and guess what it's because we didn't change gaffer!!

We've already had the media lover 'ollie' that didn't work, Nigel clearly isn't one for the media and fair play to him maybe he's protecting his players, jock Wallace was like that too. But he's right some do expect too much !! We're Leicester city not man utd we won't win every week!!

Oh dear another one who cannot be reasoned with, ok give him the next 10 years and hope for the best, wether the man has the ability or not at least we are not changing managers.

And yes with the investment and the clear desire by the owners to get promoted, We fans expect a good standard of football, and success/ well some of us!!, after playing some good football, the man reverts back to negative football and poor results.

And yes I'm going to repeat it again, when a team wins 3 out of 17 towards the end of a season, and makes no alterations you would expect a bit of negativity, at the start of this season.

I wouldn't like to think we will go on run like that again, but if we do he deserves all the stick and negativity he would get.

And yes after most of the previous season, last season, I would expect Pearson to get it right this season, by that I don't expect to romp the league, but holding our own against the big boys, competing for promotion, but some fans have higher expectations than others, it's not like we're Peterborough united.

Oh dear another one who cannot be reasoned with, ok give him the next 10 years and hope for the best, wether the man has the ability or not at least we are not changing managers.

And yes with the investment and the clear desire by the owners to get promoted, We fans expect a good standard of football, and success/ well some of us!!, after playing some good football, the man reverts back to negative football and poor results.

And yes I'm going to repeat it again, when a team wins 3 out of 17 towards the end of a season, and makes no alterations you would expect a bit of negativity, at the start of this season.

I wouldn't like to think we will go on run like that again, but if we do he deserves all the stick and negativity he would get.

And yes after most of the previous season, last season, I would expect Pearson to get it right this season, by that I don't expect to romp the league, but holding our own against the big boys, competing for promotion, but some fans have higher expectations than others, it's not like we're Peterborough united.

Not saying give him 10 years but give him at least 2 full seasons, imagine if utd had sacked fergie after 1 year or Everton with Moyes lol!!

& Yes a good standard of football which we played for the most part !! In fact the best football we've seen down here for the best part of 10 YEARS!! Or maybe u focusing on that bad run is called being negative...now about the good run? We actually finished pretty well good performance ahainst bolton at home, palace away, the performance against forest was top draw we created so many openings!! Then Watford at home a great display again from the boys, then to go one kick off Wembley but no all u can say is 'oh that bad run' f__k that bad runs happen to all sides we have a gd squad & a good manager who has done nothing but good for our club !! Sorry but negative people wind me up, people are so narrow minded.

Well Sven gets plenty of stick on here, and yet he never had a full season.

Pearson has had plenty of money to spend, and has already had longer than Sven got, and has also failed to deliver.

Not to mention winning just 2 of the last 17 league games, last season, and yet there are still plenty on here that seem to think that Pearson is the messiah for some reason.

The last time we finished a season as poorly as that, was under Peter Taylor, and that poor run carried on into the next season. The writing was on the wall,at the end of that season, but we stuck with Taylor, much like we`ve stuck with Pearson, and by the time we got rid of him,  the rot was to deep and we were relegated.

I`m not for one minute saying we will be relegated, but i really can`t see us finishing any better than mid table, i just hope that i`m proved to be wrong.

Pearson has had plenty of money to spend, and has already had longer than Sven got, and has also failed to deliver.

Not to mention winning just 2 of the last 17 league games, last season, and yet there are still plenty on here that seem to think that Pearson is the messiah for some reason.

The last time we finished a season as poorly as that, was under Peter Taylor, and that poor run carried on into the next season. The writing was on the wall,at the end of that season, but we stuck with Taylor, much like we`ve stuck with Pearson, and by the time we got rid of him,  the rot was to deep and we were relegated.

I`m not for one minute saying we will be relegated, but i really can`t see us finishing any better than mid table, i just hope that i`m proved to be wrong.

It was 3.

It has been written on here enough, how could you miss it?

The last time we finished a season as poorly as that, was under Peter Taylor, and that poor run carried on into the next season. The writing was on the wall,at the end of that season, but we stuck with Taylor, much like we`ve stuck with Pearson, and by the time we got rid of him, the rot was to deep and we were relegated.

And imo it wasn't long enough!! I will back whoever is manager of city if they r doing a good job which as it stands Nigel Pearson is!!

He hasn't had as much money as people think, & won't spend for the sake of it like Sven, building a team takes time in a competitive league,

And I can't be bothered talking about the 'bad run' every side has it!! Look at the rest of the season some great footy and at the end of the day we were a spot kick off potentially beating ollie' (again), in the final. Just try see the bigger picture at what we're building here and don't jump on the bandwagon.

Not saying give him 10 years but give him at least 2 full seasons, imagine if utd had sacked fergie after 1 year or Everton with Moyes lol!!

& Yes a good standard of football which we played for the most part !! In fact the best football we've seen down here for the best part of 10 YEARS!! Or maybe u focusing on that bad run is called being negative...now about the good run?

Well to be fair, we had 2 good runs, both of which, we won 5 games on the bounce, which gave us 30 points from those 10 games. 

Sadly for us, from the other 36 games we only picked up 38 points, (relegation form) so thank the lord for our 2 good runs i`d say!

We actually finished pretty well good performance ahainst bolton at home, palace away, the performance against forest was top draw we created so many openings!! Then Watford at home a great display again from the boy then to go one kick off Wembley but no all u can say is 'oh that bad run' f__k that bad runs happen to all sides we have a gd squad & a good manager who has done nothing but good for our club !! Sorry but negative people wind me up, people are so narrow minded.

Sven got stick because he's got us to the point where we do not have the funds to buy players unless we offload first, and had Pearson spent more money, we would of been worse off now. This is why we can't buy that 'quality midfielder' that people constantly moan about. And people do not think he is the messiah, they just have enough common sense to realise is he the only option. Who else are we going to get better than a manager who got us to the Play-offs after we've paid off the remainder of Pearson's contract? If you haven't realised we cannot spend money . Plus over the whole season, we finished 6th. Not bottom. Not mid table. A Play-off spot.

Being constantly negative and criticizing his every move won't help anything.   

& Yes a good standard of football which we played for the most part !! In fact the best football we've seen down here for the best part of 10 YEARS!! Or maybe u focusing on that bad run is called being negative...now about the good run?

Well to be fair, we had 2 good runs, both of which, we won 5 games on the bounce, which gave us 30 points from those 10 games.

Sadly for us, from the other 36 games we only picked up 38 points, (relegation form) so thank the lord for our 2 good runs i`d say!

We actually finished pretty well good performance ahainst bolton at home, palace away, the performance against forest was top draw we created so many openings!! Then Watford at home a great display again from the boy then to go one kick off Wembley but no all u can say is 'oh that bad run' f__k that bad runs happen to all sides we have a gd squad & a good manager who has done nothing but good for our club !! Sorry but negative people wind me up, people are so narrow minded.

Well that's up to you how u want to look at things, at the end of the day final table we got a top 6 finish which has only happened on one other occasion in the last 10 years!! and that was Nigel's 2010 team, this team has more potential which is why I will remain positive for a new campaign:)

Can't hear u booing at games yet!... stick to the Internet

& Yes a good standard of football which we played for the most part !! In fact the best football we've seen down here for the best part of 10 YEARS!! Or maybe u focusing on that bad run is called being negative...now about the good run? We actually finished pretty well good performance ahainst bolton at home, palace away, the performance against forest was top draw we created so many openings!! Then Watford at home a great display again from the boys, then to go one kick off Wembley but no all u can say is 'oh that bad run' f__k that bad runs happen to all sides we have a gd squad & a good manager who has done nothing but good for our club !! Sorry but negative people wind me up, people are so narrow minded.

What you negative I call a realist, and you also come across as narrow minded, clearly only picking out what you want from the season, and clearly you like the man and clearly can't handle any criticism of any of his failings.

You raised the point that the bloke needs two full seasons, but in your rush/ or because you were wound up!, I stated if he doesn't do it this year, that makes it two full seasons.

The poor run lasted alot, lot longer than the good run, so sticks out a little more, but that's my view, and it doesn't matter how wound up you get, you will not change my view.

Then to the Watford game yes we did ok first leg, but they had there chances, and did well to take a 1 nil lead into the second leg, then the second leg, well as much as they tried, for long periods Watford dominated probably creating the best chances, but again our biggest hinderence, our away form lets us down, but they tried.

And to say that the bad runs happen to all sides, I accept that, but 3 out of 17 whilst supposedly challenging for promotion, is a little bit more than a bad run, more like a third of a season, and to be fair he was very lucky to survive that return, alot of managers that haven't got our owners aspirations would have been sacked.

So to say I only look at the negatives, I would say you need to take a look at yourself and maybe your only looking for the positives, and if people wind you up that easy, I'm sorry fox talk is a debate with different views, positive or negative.

What you negative I call a realist, and you also come across as narrow minded, clearly only picking out what you want from the season, and clearly you like the man and clearly can't handle any criticism of any of his failings.

You raised the point that the bloke needs two full seasons, but in your rush/ or because you were wound up!, I stated if he doesn't do it this year, that makes it two full seasons.

The poor run lasted alot, lot longer than the good run, so sticks out a little more, but that's my view, and it doesn't matter how wound up you get, you will not change my view.

Then to the Watford game yes we did ok first leg, but they had there chances, and did well to take a 1 nil lead into the second leg, then the second leg, well as much as they tried, for long periods Watford dominated probably creating the best chances, but again our biggest hinderence, our away form lets us down, but they tried.

And to say that the bad runs happen to all sides, I accept that, but 3 out of 17 whilst supposedly challenging for promotion, is a little bit more than a bad run, more like a third of a season, and to be fair he was very lucky to survive that return, alot of managers that haven't got our owners aspirations would have been sacked.

So to say I only look at the negatives, I would say you need to take a look at yourself and maybe your only looking for the positives, and if people wind you up that easy, I'm sorry fox talk is a debate with different views, positive or negative.

How can a 17-game run be longer than 29 games?

How can a 17-game run be longer than 29 games?

I'm talking about a run of good or bad results, not the overall season, more parts of the season.

And if I remember right the start was pretty inconsistent aswell, with talk of him going after the poor result at home to burton, but I didn't mention that.

So basically ... we should be winning nearly every game and not have a bad run at any point, then maybe people like u wont moan at all :o ?

Back down to earth we r a 2nd division side scrapping to get out of a tough division, as for it lasted longer than the good run what the hell r u on about WE FINISHED IN THE TOP 6!!

I realise I will not change ur view, yes Watford 'dominated' the 2nd leg with a 96th minute winner with a side that could play in the top division practically!!

And yes I agree it was a bad run that was maybe too many defeats/draws but the owners like me and other fans clearly see the bigger picture or what Nigel is 'building' here, it takes time & I don't believe with this set of lads Nigel has given us we r far off

So basically ... we should be winning nearly every game and not have a bad run at any point, then maybe people like u wont moan at all :o ?

Back down to earth we r a 2nd division side scrapping to get out of a tough division, as for it lasted longer than the good run what the hell r u on about WE FINISHED IN THE TOP 6!!

I realise I will not change ur view, yes Watford 'dominated' the 2nd leg with a 96th minute winner with a side that could play in the top division practically!!

And yes I agree it was a bad run that was maybe too many defeats/draws but the owners like me and other fans clearly see the bigger picture or what Nigel is 'building' here, it takes time & I don't believe with this set of lads Nigel has given us we r far off

I'm getting bored now, ok he got us in the top six, what division are we in next season.

I have many debates with many people who like Pearson, and had some good debates were both sides can accept each others views, but you are just a W U M, and not willing to accept any criticism of the man, we will see what happens in the season!. But stick to your bubble for now 💤

And imo it wasn't long enough!! I will back whoever is manager of city if they r doing a good job which as it stands Nigel Pearson is!!

He hasn't had as much money as people think, & won't spend for the sake of it like Sven, building a team takes time in a competitive league,

And I can't be bothered talking about the 'bad run' every side has it!! Look at the rest of the season some great footy and at the end of the day we were a spot kick off potentially beating ollie' (again), in the final. Just try see the bigger picture at what we're building here and don't jump on the bandwagon.

Every side has a bad run, i agree, and Middlesbrough went on a worst one than we did, but in general,a bad run doesn`t last as long as ours did.

It was one of the worst runs in the clubs history, that says it all.

You say look at the bigger picture, and what we are building under Pearson, but at this moment in time, we are not building anything different to what we had last season.

Pearson harps on about being a bit thin on the ground in defence, and yet Michael Keane excepted, it`s the same defence as he chose to play with last season.

He had money available to him last season, but chose to go through the season with no real cover at left back, choosing instead to use a young  striker as his cover.

He brought in Whitbread, who he knew had a poor record for injuries, and decided to not play, then send out on loan, an experienced St Leger, while bringing in and playing a very promising, but very young and inexperienced Michael Keane, at the crucial part of last season.

The club has, and still does lack an enforcer in the midfield, but he has never addressed that problem.

King, James and Drinkwater are decent but are too lightweight and similar to play against the rough and tumble, in your face type of team.

The one player, who is a bit different, and may be able to play that role, is Danns (not convinced myself, admittedly though) and he wouldn`t play him, and sent him out on loan too.

Pearson the messiah! No not for me he`s not.

I'm getting bored now, ok he got us in the top six, what division are we in next season.

I have many debates with many people who like Pearson, and had some good debates were both sides can accept each others views, but you are just a W U M, and not willing to accept any criticism of the man, we will see what happens in the season!. But stick to your bubble for now 💤

What do people like u want? A manager to come In like sir Alex and win promotion straight away? It doesn't happen over night I'm afraid. And no I respect ur views but what I can't understand is why people r so damn negative!! Never look at the positives...like u just said 'burton was another one' it's almost like u want to pick out the bad games when the fact is we have had more good games and performances!!

Archived