Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_lad_92

Negative vibes again & not even kicked off

What do people like u want? A manager to come In like sir Alex and win promotion straight away? It doesn't happen over night I'm afraid. And no I respect ur views but what I can't understand is why people r so damn negative!! Never look at the positives...like u just said 'burton was another one' it's almost like u want to pick out the bad games when the fact is we have had more good games and performances!!

lol lol lol

Well that's up to you how u want to look at things, at the end of the day final table we got a top 6 finish which has only happened on one other occasion in the last 10 years!! and that was Nigel's 2010 team, this team has more potential which is why I will remain positive for a new campaign:)

Can't hear u booing at games yet!... stick to the Internet

Piss off, i`ve been going down the city every week since 1974, i will still be down there this season, after spending money, i can`t really afford, i have never booed the team, but i have an opinion that is different to yours.

I want what i think will be best for my club, and i don`t believe Pearson is capable of doing that.

I hope that Pearson is proved to be the great manager you think he is, it will mean my club is where i want them to be.

Don`t you come on here patronising me, with your stick to the internet crap.

Every side has a bad run, i agree, and Middlesbrough went on a worst one than we did, but in general,a bad run doesn`t last as long as ours did.

It was one of the worst runs in the clubs history, that says it all.

You say look at the bigger picture, and what we are building under Pearson, but at this moment in time, we are not building anything different to what we had last season.

Pearson harps on about being a bit thin on the ground in defence, and yet Michael Keane excepted, it`s the same defence as he chose to play with last season.

He had money available to him last season, but chose to go through the season with no real cover at left back, choosing instead to use a young striker as his cover.

He brought in Whitbread, who he knew had a poor record for injuries, and decided to not play, then send out on loan, an experienced St Leger, while bringing in and playing a very promising, but very young and inexperienced Michael Keane, at the crucial part of last season.

The club has, and still does lack an enforcer in the midfield, but he has never addressed that problem.

King, James and Drinkwater are decent but are too lightweight and similar to play against the rough and tumble, in your face type of team.

The one player, who is a bit different, and may be able to play that role, is Danns (not convinced myself, admittedly though) and he wouldn`t play him, and sent him out on loan too.

Pearson the messiah! No not for me he`s not.

Yes indeed, and what have Middlesbrough done...they have stuck by their man and probably so have the fans, and yes maybe ur right we haven't added which is disappointing :( but is that Nigel's fault entirely?:/ one plus tho' is we will have learned from last season and players will have improved, the like of de laet and knockeart, Marshall will only get better:)

And maybe yep he could have used the window better I agree tbh, but he'll stick by his young policy, & we all have opinions on players in and out but at the end of the day we aren't far off are we?:)

Yh we deffo need a big midfield player I think for the away games, and same I'm not sure on Danns, don't half dally on the ball aha:L

And nope not a messiah but a decent football manager at this level, Certainly as good as we've had since Micky left us

Piss off, i`ve been going down the city every week since 1974, i will still be down there this season, after spending money, i can`t really afford, i have never booed the team, but i have an opinion that is different to yours.

I want what i think will be best for my club, and i don`t believe Pearson is capable of doing that.

I hope that Pearson is proved to be the great manager you think he is, it will mean my club is where i want them to be.

Don`t you come on here patronising me, with your stick to the internet crap.

Good for you, and that's good to hear, you are indeed entitled to ur opinion as am I, u clearly don't no I can see that but that's my point, people who don't like Pearson seem to not want him to do well!! If we all start backing him we might get somewhere!! Alan young always uses the 'together' motto but it won't happen if people continue to moan after 1 defeat, we need a positive start to the season!!

Good for you, and that's good to hear, you are indeed entitled to ur opinion as am I, u clearly don't no I can see that but that's my point, people who don't like Pearson seem to not want him to do well!! If we all start backing him we might get somewhere!! Alan young always uses the 'together' motto but it won't happen if people continue to moan after 1 defeat, we need a positive start to the season!!

The thing is i honestly think your wrong. The people that don`t think that Pearson is the right man, are all just as passionate about the city, as i`m sure you are, and really don`t want him to fail, which is what your implying.

In my opinion they all want him to prove them wrong, me included, because ultimately we are all city fans, and want us to do well.

What do people like u want? A manager to come In like sir Alex and win promotion straight away? It doesn't happen over night I'm afraid. And no I respect ur views but what I can't understand is why people r so damn negative!! Never look at the positives...like u just said 'burton was another one' it's almost like u want to pick out the bad games when the fact is we have had more good games and performances!!

People like me!!!, ok in the many debates I have had on here, I have openly admitted that the football at times was brilliant, and feared no one at that time, but the run spoilt that for me, if the man can maintain that for more than 5 or so matches at at time we may be onto something with him, but he's not instilled consistency into the side since his return, and admittedly last season was his first season, but what I am saying is his contract is up at the end of the season, if he doesn't progress us its time for fresh ideas and approach, and to be fair I wanted him gone more and more over the summer, but being on here and listening to others views on here, it's made me think maybe I was hasty, and should maybe hold out hope for this season, I still don't think he will progress us, but time will tell.

We're as you appear to be wum ing,with comments like" people like you", you don't know me, only a couple of snippets on here, or are just not prepared to listen valid views because it goes against what you believe.

It's all ok being the most positive supporter in the club, we are all not like you, and see thinks we don't like, and clearly are not as pleased as you are with the man, and his achievements.

I am bored that we are having the same debate, round and round again, but you are happy with the way we are going, I am not, so I would rather agree to disagree.

You stated earlier to someone else you hear no moaning down the ground, ( I personally think you need to listen more), but then it's moan, moan on here, wether it winds you up or not, it would be a pretty boring forum, try not to let it wind you up so much, it's all irrelevant what any of us thinks, we don't run the club.

The thing is i honestly think your wrong. The people that don`t think that Pearson is the right man, are all just as passionate about the city, as i`m sure you are, and really don`t want him to fail, which is what your implying.

In my opinion they all want him to prove them wrong, me included, because ultimately we are all city fans, and want us to do well.

But it really does seem like they want him too, because after every defeat comes an onslaught almost which haven't really experienced with any other city manager before other than Taylor, but in my opinion he's doing a good job, and is building a good young side, if we were bottom half struggling (like every other city season) I would understand but we aren't:/

Well at least that's good to hear that u r willing to be proved wrong by our manager, as o'neill probably did:) anyway, Up The City roll on Sat!'

People like me!!!, ok in the many debates I have had on here, I have openly admitted that the football at times was brilliant, and feared no one at that time, but the run spoilt that for me, if the man can maintain that for more than 5 or so matches at at time we may be onto something with him, but he's not instilled consistency into the side since his return, and admittedly last season was his first season, but what I am saying is his contract is up at the end of the season, if he doesn't progress us its time for fresh ideas and approach, and to be fair I wanted him gone more and more over the summer, but being on here and listening to others views on here, it's made me think maybe I was hasty, and should maybe hold out hope for this season, I still don't think he will progress us, but time will tell.

We're as you appear to be wum ing,with comments like" people like you", you don't know me, only a couple of snippets on here, or are just not prepared to listen valid views because it goes against what you believe.

It's all ok being the most positive supporter in the club, we are all not like you, and see thinks we don't like, and clearly are not as pleased as you are with the man, and his achievements.

I am bored that we are having the same debate, round and round again, but you are happy with the way we are going, I am not, so I would rather agree to disagree.

You stated earlier to someone else you hear no moaning down the ground, ( I personally think you need to listen more), but then it's moan, moan on here, wether it winds you up or not, it would be a pretty boring forum, try not to let it wind you up so much, it's all irrelevant what any of us thinks, we don't run the club.

Ok I'm not trying to be personal and I do speak my mind but generally whatever we say makes no difference, we are all city fans and the owners make the decision on management, there's been no protests and he has one yr to go then if he doesn't succeed in promotion he'll ultimately be gone as some people want, i myself just think it's a shame people can't back him a bit more because look at it as a whole we aren't a bad side and he certainly has signed better talent than the usual rubbish over the last 10 yrs like the likes of peter canero, johnasson, maybury, Gilbert etc ...at least we can agree on that?

But it really does seem like they want him too, because after every defeat comes an onslaught almost which haven't really experienced with any other city manager before other than Taylor, but in my opinion he's doing a good job, and is building a good young side, if we were bottom half struggling (like every other city season) I would understand but we aren't:/

Well at least that's good to hear that u r willing to be proved wrong by our manager, as o'neill probably did:) anyway, Up The City roll on Sat!'

Sorry to say the way he comes across doesn't help, but thinks changed when the money came in, but remember doesn't matter who the manager is we are all city fans, and all want the club to do well.

Sorry to say the way he comes across doesn't help, but thinks changed when the money came in, but remember doesn't matter who the manager is we are all city fans, and all want the club to do well.

I agree but I personally know he's not like that off the camera at all!!:/ just people see him that way and yes he doesn't help himself but tbh he doesn't care clearly, neither do I, quite like his strict ways, I hate the likes of ollie playing up to cameras -.-

And deffo!! Right I'm off take care, keep positive man!:) 2-0 city sat:)

Ok I'm not trying to be personal and I do speak my mind but generally whatever we say makes no difference, we are all city fans and the owners make the decision on management, there's been no protests and he has one yr to go then if he doesn't succeed in promotion he'll ultimately be gone as some people want, i myself just think it's a shame people can't back him a bit more because look at it as a whole we aren't a bad side and he certainly has signed better talent than the usual rubbish over the last 10 yrs like the likes of peter canero, johnasson, maybury, Gilbert etc ...at least we can agree on that?[/quote

I for one am not saying we are a bad side, just we could be better, the dark days seemed to disappear once the Thais came in, and the squad got better before Pearson came back, and he has brought in some good players, and got rid of some shite, it's now time to kick on, and if he can't, fresh ideas are needed in my eyes.

The biggy for me is consistency in results, because for all that went wrong that season, if he can get us playing consistently like we know they can,( away mainly), we could be on to a winner, but he is in charge and needs to get the players performing regularly.

Lets hope this is the one, and put all the in fighting to bed.

Ok I'm not trying to be personal and I do speak my mind but generally whatever we say makes no difference, we are all city fans and the owners make the decision on management, there's been no protests and he has one yr to go then if he doesn't succeed in promotion he'll ultimately be gone as some people want, i myself just think it's a shame people can't back him a bit more because look at it as a whole we aren't a bad side and he certainly has signed better talent than the usual rubbish over the last 10 yrs like the likes of peter canero, johnasson, maybury, Gilbert etc ...at least we can agree on that?[/quote

I for one am not saying we are a bad side, just we could be better, the dark days seemed to disappear once the Thais came in, and the squad got better before Pearson came back, and he has brought in some good players, and got rid of some shite, it's now time to kick on, and if he can't, fresh ideas are needed in my eyes.

The biggy for me is consistency in results, because for all that went wrong that season, if he can get us playing consistently like we know they can,( away mainly), we could be on to a winner, but he is in charge and needs to get the players performing regularly.

Lets hope this is the one, and put all the in fighting to bed.

Yep so lets back him and let him have a good go this season and be together!! If he can't do it he'll be gone simple, but I believe he can because looking at the season as a whole we had some very good wins and some very good performances:) I agree :) COME ON THE FOXES!!

Unfair on him as it is, Nigel Pearson's "personality" is also his biggest problem. If he was a more outward character, like an O'Neill, a Redknapp or even a Warnock, he'd spell it out to the fans that the club is in a financial straightjacket, the players are in for one hell of a battle this season and we all need to accept the situation as a collective and punch above our weight. 

Less expectation? Less Pressure? might equal a good season.

I am trying to think in a positive way and the sttled squad will be a good thing, though it feels like the summer Rob Kelly was in charge.

I'll  be very surprised to see pearson last the season.i think one bad run even an early bad run will see him gone .In the end the fans will get him sacked and that'll be another season wasted.i hope i'm wrong would love to see him turn it around and like others have said the last manager to have a run like last season was taylor.  :scarf:  :pearson:

I'll  be very surprised to see pearson last the season.i think one bad run even an early bad run will see him gone .In the end the fans will get him sacked and that'll be another season wasted.i hope i'm wrong would love to see him turn it around and like others have said the last manager to have a run like last season was taylor.  :scarf:  :pearson:

Adams won 2 in 24 in 2003/04.

sorry bout  that ,yeah forgot about that,only ever seem to remember the taylor fvck up from such a solid base we had . :scarf:  :pearson:

Last season's collapse was inexcusable, but Taylor comparisons are a little way off, as I think the most we lost in a row was three last year, whereas Taylor lost nine in a row (and spent £25 million in his reign).

Unfair on him as it is, Nigel Pearson's "personality" is also his biggest problem. If he was a more outward character, like an O'Neill, a Redknapp or even a Warnock, he'd spell it out to the fans that the club is in a financial straightjacket, the players are in for one hell of a battle this season and we all need to accept the situation as a collective and punch above our weight.

Shouldn't really need Pearson to point it out really, we should all understand the position we're in by now. It seems not all of us do though so maybe he should come out and lay it all out on the table.

Completely agree that we all have to accept that we're in the situation we're in, we've got what we've got and we've got to make the best of it. We all have to come together and back the lads, we stand more chance of doing something without everyone pulling in a million different directions

Although I am a fan I Pearson I do sometimes feel that we didn't have a plan B when we couldn't break down average teams at home such as Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday last season. And constantly saying he will "rectify the problems" when little change seemed to be made. But he has got us in the play offs when he has been here and doesn't deserve the amount of bad stick he gets.

Archived