Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Blue in the Championship or Red in the Premier League?

Blue in the Championship or Red in the Premier League  

95 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose?

• Blue in the championship
    • Red in the Premier league
    • Blue in any league

'Blue in any league' then. 

This is a pointless exercise now because I'm sure everyone would vote for blue in any league as that indicates the top flight as well.

The question itself wouldn't be a good one if you didn't include that option though. If you left out the 'blue in any league option' that would imply that we couldn't play in the PL wearing blue which clearly, we can. 

If you want to make it an unrealistic question fine, take that option off, but it's a pretty worthless poll if you do - you have to represent the real world, not some fantasy where your colour is the only factor affecting the league you're in/

For the love of God I hope you were joking, Vincent Tan wouldn't be.  lol

I do think the owners have a reasonable understanding of our club culture, though the application of gold on our home kit this season was an unwelcome addition, so i just don't see them doing anything like that.We should remember as well that kit changes in the past have been for footballing or even practical reasons. Revie wanted his side to emulate Real Madrid on the field as they were far and away the greatest club side on the planet at the time. There was no commercial intent here, just a rather unconventional means of inspiring his team to play better and a statement of intent. Had they been shit, I'm sure they'd have gone back to the blue and yellow that now forms their trim. 

As TPH said earlier in the thread, kits were often decided by what colours were available or what dyes were in the area. Leicester Fosse wore blue and white stripes rather than solid royal blue during WWI and just after the event because they were skint and couldn't afford the rationed dye! We have, however, worn blue pretty much continuously since then (1972-1973 being the brief exception where we changed to all white, which was swiftly dropped) and any attempt to change would, hopefully. be met with opposition. 

What Tan has done isn't just hard nosed and business driven. He wants to turn Cardiff into Malaysia's number one team, but that's not going to happen until they're beating Manchester United and Manchester City on a regular basis, not just in games in August. The Malaysians aren't that stupid, and he knows it. It's an ego trip for him, changing the colours to something he prefers because he can. Essentially, over 100 years of history have been pissed away because of one man's ego. 

First of all, believe me, I was joking.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, and I understand where you're coming from. The only thing I point out in this debate is that I don't think they have shipped away any of their history. They are still Cardiff City, taking away kit colour for a minute, they still have the promotions, championships and the FA Cup (not sure what else they've won without looking it up) to their name. Obviously it has been changed to red for a reason, business probably the number one priority, if he wants Cardiff to be a big brand in Malaysia and changing to red is the only way to ensure it, then he is going to do it regardless of what loyal Cardiff fans think. It's more money and branding for him. Yes it's horrid to see but he's a businessman at the end of the day.

As I said also, I wouldn't put it past our owners one bit. All they are doing is using Leicester City Football Club to enhance King Power in Europe. And let's face it, if they end up getting their King Power empire into Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham airports, then I'm sure they will be pleased, regardless of whether they support the football club or not. Our stadium is named after King Power, we now have King Power colours in our away kit, we have King Power's logo around our football ground (where we once had images of our club legends) and we now have elephants sat outside our stadium (that look stupid), but does nobody realise this? Most people don't think twice, ahh it's alright, but let's bully Cardiff. As long as the football team performs, I don't think many people care how the club is run, you only have to look at how people brushed off how much we were paying in wages when Sven was here. Which itself, was more branding by the owners; getting one of the biggest names in football to manage their football club, all they needed was a name such as David Beckham to be playing for us (and I don't like him but his name is big) then how much foriegn and media interest would there have been? Abe played for us and attracted fans from across the globe.

Is it nice to see? No. Should the fans opinions and thoughts be put first? Yes. But rarely do owners listen to fans. You only have to look at how Manchester United fans demonstrate with their original Newton Heath colours (as noted, it's not red). I think people fail to understand football clubs are businesses, they all need to come together to complete an aim, and I don't think many owners care how they achieve it. We've seen football slightly ruined by owners chucking money at the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City to win trophies, and it won't get any better. 

Would I like us to change kit colour deep down? Of course I don't. I want to highlight that for everyone that seems to have argued against me in this thread, I'm not an idiot and I hope most of you think I post well in all threads I've contributed to in the six years I've been a member of Foxestalk. I didn't appreciate you, Bilo, saying that it was the most stupidest thing you've ever read on here (regardless of whether it was a joke on my behalf or not), because I know for a fact it wasn't. I'm a fan just as much as the next person sat next to me on a Saturday afternoon at a game, but I do think some people take all this 'modern football' stuff to far. The times are a-changin' (as one of my heroes Bob Dylan said) and we have to continue to adapt, nothing will stay perfect forever. Do you think Cardiff fans would ever imagine their club playing in red? Of course not. Can I imagine Leicester City playing in red, ergh of course not, but I wouldn't put it past any person who has control of our football club to make it happen. Fans arn't put first anymore, you only have to look at rising ticket prices and the power of Sky. It's a shame, but it's true, just like other things in the World, the modern and changing World.

(Yes this is a long post, and I expect some person to post something like 'I'm not reading that, it's too long' but I wanted to clear this up... Good evening and come on Leicester for tonight and forever). 

There really should be a 'Premier League 70's Fox Costume' (that your Nan made) option.

rogaudreymarsharedfox.jpg

I need this for my birthday bash.

I've actually seriously been trying to get hold of the costume from the FOXY BINGO or whatever it is advert. Its not Foxy Bingo and the name escapes me.

He appears on a bus. In a velvet suit. Its weird.

We have 3 months, lets make this happen.

ps BLUE.

Archived