Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Blue in the Championship or Red in the Premier League?

Blue in the Championship or Red in the Premier League  

95 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose?

• Blue in the championship
    • Red in the Premier league
    • Blue in any league

Blue in the championship, not necessarily simply because of origins or 100+ year old history, but for me my personal history/relationship with the club. I'm 29 and for me, Leicester have always been blue and white, which small flashes of either red or yellow (they'll have you believe its gold).

If you trace all clubs back to their 19th century origins, they'd have used whatever kit they could get their hands on, or whatever colour dye was cheapest in that area at that time!

What, forever?

I hate this argument.

All Cardiff have done is changed their colours. Nothing wrong with that. Don Revie did it when he was Leeds manager. All this 'identity' stuff is rubbish, I doubt people would rather play in the Championship ahead of the Premier League.

(Plus, foxes are red).

Actually I'd argue foxes are ginger but I don't want us to sign a load of has been jocks (again).

I cannot believe people would even consider changing their colours just to be relegation battlers in the top flight.

Have a bit of self-respect. If you're going to be moderately successful for a short while do it on your own terms. Don't sell out what's yours for a shortlived shot at the big time.

Otherwise what's the fvcking point? I don't give a shit about a team that plays in red, I support a team that plays in blue, and always have done.

I cannot believe people would even consider changing their colours just to be relegation battlers in the top flight.

Have a bit of self-respect. If you're going to be moderately successful for a short while do it on your own terms. Don't sell out what's yours for a shortlived shot at the big time.

Otherwise what's the fvcking point? I don't give a shit about a team that plays in red, I support a team that plays in blue, and always have done.

The OP said 'Premier League football forever'. So that's what I chose.

Some may slag off our owners during their time here, but we should be greatful that they have the concept of tradition, and I would be shocked if they would even try a stunt like changing our colour like Cardiff, or name like hull.

To answer the question blue always, for me keeping our identity is far more important, but promotion and blue, and the Thais backing us would be great.

I would rather stay blue in the championship but changing to red wouldn't stop me supporting leicester. The only thing that would do that would be a move to another city like Wimbledon/MK Dons. That's in my opinion the only way to fully lose the identity of the club because it would no longer be my club

I think the stupidest thing about Cardiffs colour change is they have just built a brand new stadium which is all blue on the interior and exterior, I wouldn't ever be for a change as its taking away the clubs identity but if your going to change it at least change it properly.

Irrelevant.

The red kit didn't make Cardiff any better.

It was merely coincidence.

Just beaten Manchester City...

ahhhhh the modern fan.

Football is evolving and you've got to adapt to it, just like anything in life. All this 'modern football' stuff is rubbish.

Blue without question, the idea of changing the kit makes me sick. You associate a team with it's kit, and badge and your feelings are evoked by seeing the them - it's a subconscious thing. Much like 'Topps Tiles' makes me think of League 1 and crappy grounds! If Leicester changed their kit (especially to red the worse colour), and especially if the badge was changed, even though I know its Leicester playing, those feelings of pride and love would not immediately surface on viewing it. New memories and history would then have to be created created that would be associated with the new branding and the old associations wiped out. That's a horrible thing to do as your relationship with your club is built over many years and many emotions. Cardiff fans may always associate the red kit with the most successful period of their modern history, and that's good for them, however I feel sorry for the fans who have been going down to Ninian Park for years on end, to no longer be able to instantly associate the memories, their Saturdays, the good and bad times, with the club's new outfit. Anyone who would change the kit for an instant ticket to the Premiership has either not been supporting City for long, or needs to step back and realise what supporting a club means ie a sense of identity.

Makes me laugh when I see the "we used to play in another colour" argument.

It's the reasoning behind most moves that wind me up. Vince Tan proposed this change to red, pulled out when the fans expressed their dis-content, before changing his mind and going and doing it anyway - all to appeal to people who'll never visit Cardiff in their life, but are more likely to buy the merchandise if it's red (that's the way I read it anyway).

I'd honestly rather not have their money. I couldn't give two shits about raising more money to buy more players with less connection to the club in any way but to appeal to more 'fans' in another continent. Give me self-respect, tradition and heritage over that bit more money every day of the week, regardless of where it leaves us.

Archived