Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyRovers

Blackburn Fan in peace - Pre-match questions

1)      Leicester have had a very challenging last decade or so including administration, relegation to league one, and play-off heartbreak in the Championship.  How do you view the current stability at the club regarding owners and management (particularly Nigel Pearson)? Does the club now appear to be moving forward?

I think the fact that financial fair play has started this year has been a blessing in disguise for Leicester. If you could calculate a table for the last 10 years showing the amount of different players playing for a club and different managers,  I would be very surprised if Leicester weren't there at the top. This summer (apart from a few minor changes) we have for the first time, in a long time, kept consistency. The same manager with the same squad of players might see us challenge for the top 2. 

2)      What were your pre-season expectations for the side and how do you feel the side have performed in the opening five games? 

Start of the season I would have wanted top 6 and I would probably settle for that now. I think we actually played better at the start of last season but seem to be a lot more resilient this season and can grind out games better. Pearson also seems more tactically aware this season, which again is probably him knowing his players better through consistency. 

3)      Obviously one game sticks in the memory for most Rovers fans when we think about past Leicester matches. Do you have any vivid memories of past clashes between Leicester and Blackburn?

My first game was the defeat back in 1992? in the playoff final - nearly put me off football for life! I also remember a cracking 5-3 at Ewood. I'm sure Leicester were 5-0 down at one point and gave Blackburn a real scare. Can't for the life of me remember when it was? Probably 1999/2000 ish

4)      Which members of the Leicester side should we be watching out for on Tuesday night?

Jamie Vardy - he's like a new signing for us this season for free. He's got pace to burn and playing with a lot of confidence at the moment. 

5)      Having recently signed Ben Marshall, Blackburn fans are eager to see how he performs at Ewood.  How do you rate him and do you feel Leicester got a good deal in £1m.

A Carlisle fan said to me when we'd bought him that he was one of the best young players he'd ever seen and he didn't disappoint at first. He's got a good long shot (ask Petr Cech) and good delivery from set pieces. I hope he does well for you, just not against us! The money was good. 

6)      Give us your prediction for Tuesday. 

I think you'll be much improved from last year but you're playing us at a bad time (for you) when our confidence is extremely high. 2-1 Leicester. 

Archived