Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyRovers

Blackburn Fan in peace - Pre-match questions

Er, bezzie mate's a Blackburn fan and he tells a different story. And you've failed to discuss the chickens. I hope Burnley do to you on Saturday what your owners do to chickens every day and that's kill you (metaphorically speaking of course).  

Be interested to hear his side of the story.  Fan of Kean was he?

Hopefully for you then it was a case of the venkys taking advice and putting too much trust in the wrong people which led to the mess you found yourselves in. With those leeches out of the club and given time they may not appear to be too bad as owners in he long run.

That is exactly what most fans are hoping for.  Common belief is that they were led a merry dance by placing the their trust in the hands of people who had no interest in the future of BRFC.  Sacking John Williams was the worst thing they could ever have done.

Be interested to hear his side of the story.  Fan of Kean was he?

He'll be there on Tuesday so you can have a chat with him yourself. The Western, 7pm, Western Road, pop in for a pint, bloke?

Not going unfortunately. God your mate isn't Steve Kean is it?

Couldn't be arsed with seeing him again

Not going??? Call yourself a fan??? Steve Kean is running a B&B in Burnley, or so I've been told. I bet you're not going to Burnley either are you?

Not going??? Call yourself a fan??? Steve Kean is running a B&B in Burnley, or so I've been told. I bet you're not going to Burnley either are you?

Interestingly enough, despite having a season ticket for 17 years (i'm only 23) I now live in High Wycombe (work commitments) so only attend games when i'm home or local away ones. Culminating in maybe 15 or 20 a season.

Not going to Burnley, I was actually offered a ticket but refused.  There's a bit of a debate going on regarding the policing of it and the fact that you can't make your own way to the ground etc.  I will watch in the pub with friends.

Now then, seeing as you appear to know little or nothing about football (you haven't even contributed to the questions asked) i'm going to leave you to it and get on with some work. Thank you for your kind contribution and I do hope that Me and your 'bezzie mate' are celebrating tomorrow night. Even if you don't want us to.

Everyone else - Thank you for all your contributions, and good to have a sensible debate towards the end there.  Hopefully I'll get chance to carry on speaking with some of you post match.

Interestingly enough, despite having a season ticket for 17 years (i'm only 23) 

Only 23? All the more reason to get on your bike and come down here on Tuesday. We don't bite (well, I do). Seriously, I'm glad you're passionate about your club. me too (I'm 56 and have been going since I was 9). So fair play.

I've got nothing against Blackburn, TBH, other than your owners. I'm a big supporter of Compassion in World Farming (http://www.ciwf.org.uk/) and quite frankly the Venkys are anathema to me and everything I stand for.

Apart from that enjoy your trip to Burnley!

Jimmy, my gripe with your fans at the time was that had you got behind the team vocally as much as you had trying to oust kean in the run up to the end of the season you'd have perhaps stayed.

Understood, and you honestly have no idea how many times I have been told that.  That was also the argument of some Rovers fans who didn't protest.

But my answer to those people is that it wasn't just about the on pitch performances. Our club was being raped and pillaged by people who had spotted owners who knew nothing of running a football club, and seen an opportunity to make money for themselves.

Kean had support in his first 10 months of management (against my better judgement).  In 5 months he took us from 12th and comfortable in the league to last day survival away at wolves, and then continued that trend when we were bottom of the league at Christmas.  Many fans saw the writing on the wall.  We were not only going down, but the future of our club was being put in jeopardy by people prepared to strip the club financially and leave the carcass for us to pick up.

I would never change what I did because I felt that it was the only thing we could do to draw attention to the complete destruction in front of our eyes.  All protests were completely safe, no violence, no police interjection. The most noticeable protests were the natural protests that occurred when the team was playing so badly it was untrue, and then it was a case of signing Kean Out.

The club the tried to stamp all protests out.  Banners and flags were banned, and fans entering the Darwen End (generally considered the boisterous stand) were treated like prisoners entering the ground. Trust me it all got very messy.

We felt that out club and our 188 year old institution was being destroyed.

Should we have sat on our hands and let these people (including Kean) destroy what we loved?  Cause one thing was for certain, it would be the fans picking the pieces up (look at Portsmouth).

Take your thoughts away from it being all about Kean and results on the pitch.  That was just part of the issue.  The future of the club was our concern, not a personal vendetta against Kean as it was made out in the media. 

Interestingly enough, despite having a season ticket for 17 years (i'm only 23) I now live in High Wycombe (work commitments) so only attend games when i'm home or local away ones. Culminating in maybe 15 or 20 a season.

Not going to Burnley, I was actually offered a ticket but refused.  There's a bit of a debate going on regarding the policing of it and the fact that you can't make your own way to the ground etc.  I will watch in the pub with friends.

Now then, seeing as you appear to know little or nothing about football (you haven't even contributed to the questions asked) i'm going to leave you to it and get on with some work. Thank you for your kind contribution and I do hope that Me and your 'bezzie mate' are celebrating tomorrow night. Even if you don't want us to.

Everyone else - Thank you for all your contributions, and good to have a sensible debate towards the end there.  Hopefully I'll get chance to carry on speaking with some of you post match.

Ha, ha. The arrogance of youth. Know nothing about football?  :blush: And what makes you think I've got work to do?

Ha, ha. The arrogance of youth. Know nothing about football?  :blush: And what makes you think I've got work to do?

Understood, and you honestly have no idea how many times I have been told that.  That was also the argument of some Rovers fans who didn't protest.

But my answer to those people is that it wasn't just about the on pitch performances. Our club was being raped and pillaged by people who had spotted owners who knew nothing of running a football club, and seen an opportunity to make money for themselves.

Kean had support in his first 10 months of management (against my better judgement).  In 5 months he took us from 12th and comfortable in the league to last day survival away at wolves, and then continued that trend when we were bottom of the league at Christmas.  Many fans saw the writing on the wall.  We were not only going down, but the future of our club was being put in jeopardy by people prepared to strip the club financially and leave the carcass for us to pick up.

I would never change what I did because I felt that it was the only thing we could do to draw attention to the complete destruction in front of our eyes.  All protests were completely safe, no violence, no police interjection. The most noticeable protests were the natural protests that occurred when the team was playing so badly it was untrue, and then it was a case of signing Kean Out.

The club the tried to stamp all protests out.  Banners and flags were banned, and fans entering the Darwen End (generally considered the boisterous stand) were treated like prisoners entering the ground. Trust me it all got very messy.

We felt that out club and our 188 year old institution was being destroyed.

Should we have sat on our hands and let these people (including Kean) destroy what we loved?  Cause one thing was for certain, it would be the fans picking the pieces up (look at Portsmouth).

Take your thoughts away from it being all about Kean and results on the pitch.  That was just part of the issue.  The future of the club was our concern, not a personal vendetta against Kean as it was made out in the media.

Fair enough. It did look like a personal vendetta from an outsider looking in.

At the end of the day though as with any club its only the fans who will remain a constant to a club so I do understand to a degree why you did what you did.

Nice to see a respectful fan asking thoughtful questions and researching Leicester's history. Unfortunatley you get to see the kind of people that are on this forum with a few of ridiculous replies you have had. 

There is a post on this forum about Keane and your Boards antics being a joke of a club they are being under control of idiots and the clueless unproven manager you had going back a few months now so i and many more appreciate the situation you as a fan was under with your respectful reputation being pulled apart.

Players you need to watch out for:- Andy King (pulls all the strings, Eye for goal, scores from anywhere), Anthony Knockaert (Pace, Skill and Flair) Ritchie De Laet (Bombs from the back) Jamie Vardy (Signed from non league where he was scoring for fun, could not get to grips with championship football last season but has now come on leaps and bounds, Pace, Strength and eager as fk).

Overall we have a good team, Kasper in goal is a fan favourite, Liam Moore is a Leicester lad and very well thought of and playing out of his skin this season and also being tracked by Man United. Jeffrey Schlupp another Man United bound player has pace to burn when he features but unlikely to start. Wes Morgan a solid proven CB who will put his life on the line for the team. I could go on....

Regarding Ben Marshall i think you have an absolute bargain, i was gutted when he went and to find out it was for 1 million was ridiculous. Yes his form dipped hear after a dream start but situations behind the scenes were behind that. Being played out of position and falling out with pearson etc. Trust me he will be very valuable for you if treated the right way and supported. We had our own chant for him, which was original and sounded amazing when sung by our main singing section!.

Best of luck for the season Jimmy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZzzgzzgkCY

Blackburn fan coming in peace here, hoping that a few forum members might be able to help me out.  Ahead of the game next Tuesday I’m just doing a quick pre-match analysis.  I’ve done my research on a very interesting LCFC History, going all the way back to Leicester Fosse, through to administration and present day.  Thoroughly enjoyed it actually, and amazing to see what the club went through in the early Mandaric days.  Six managers in one year culminating in Holloway and relegation!  I have a new found respect for Leicester fans, having never really studied your history before!

We’ve also shared an amazing amount of footballers, particularly since 1989 or so.  List below for anyone interested.

Mike Newell, David Speedie, Keith Gillepie, Paul Dickov, Paul Gallagher, Ben Marshall, DJ Campbell, , Jason Wilcox, Tim Flowers, Robbie Savage, Bruno Berner, Paul Gallagher, Alan Birchenall, Neill Danns, Billy Mckinlay, Marcus Bent, Craig Hignett, John Curtis, Nathan Blake, Callum Davidson, Nils Eric Johansson, Yakubu, Simon Grayson, Steve Agnew.

Anyway, I seek if possible a behind enemy lines view as it were.  If anyone would fancy answering the following questions I’d be really grateful.  The info will be only shown in a new thread on www.brfcs.com.   Questions below, c heers!

1)      Leicester have had a very challenging last decade or so including administration, relegation to league one, and play-off heartbreak in the Championship.  How do you view the current stability at the club regarding owners and management (particularly Nigel Pearson)? Does the club now appear to be moving forward?

2)      What were your pre-season expectations for the side and how do you feel the side have performed in the opening five games?

3)      Obviously one game sticks in the memory for most Rovers fans when we think about past Leicester matches. Do you have any vivid memories of past clashes between Leicester and Blackburn?

4)      Which members of the Leicester side should we be watching out for on Tuesday night?

5)      Having recently signed Ben Marshall, Blackburn fans are eager to see how he performs at Ewood.  How do you rate him and do you feel Leicester got a good deal in £1m.

6)      Give us your prediction for Tuesday. 

3) I'll go to my grave remembering Kevin Rooster Russell scoring at Ewood Park, shortly before 'The Wembley' meeting, He ran the ball in after a howler by Bobby Mimms (I think) we knew he was going to score about 5 minutes (well it felt like it) before the ball hit the net. Other than that generally a home banker fixture regardless of venue.

4) Vardy, who had a great game at your place last season dropped away as the season went on, but has looked a different player since the summer, Schmeichel, Moore and Morgan are very solid at the back.

Cheers mate:)

1) Currently on a stable footing with our now billionaire owners (although unable to spend now due to wage bill), but we're a building a good young side under Nigel, we're - in my opinion, in the best position to challenge for promotion with a hungry squad as Nigel always builds.

2) I felt as though although we haven't been able to add as such the young players we have can only improve, and after a strong start I still believe this despite a few being a bit negative pre season

3) Only game that sticks out is Blackburn away I'm the quarters of the FA cup whilst we were struggling in the championship, Paul Dickov, my old City favourite scoring for you from the spot (unfortunately)

4) Wes Morgan the captain who got in the team of the year solid at the back as well as player of the season so far Liam Moore, a quick strong centre half. Andy King & Jamie Vardy both in great form too.

5) I was a big fan of Ben Marshall, a young talent that needs a run in the team, he's no doubt got talent but confidence was knocked somewhat, hope he does well for Rovers (after Tuesday night of course)

6) 2-1 to city, (Rhodes), (Vardy, King) ðŸ‘

Hi, rovers fan here. I'm not sure whether bowyer will play Marshall, I expect he will but by his recent performances on the right wing he's been anonymous. I'm hoping that is just due to a lack I match fitness though. Anyway, sadlyI think a 2-0 or 2-1 win for Leicester tomorrow

Always liked Blackburn as a club until Venkys pretty much ruined them. Decent set of fans who seem level headed about themselves.

Just think Marshall will have a stormer tomorrow. It's typical Leicester.

When we have a player playing against their old club they have a stinker - when was the last time an ex player did well for us against their old team? But when an ex player comes up against us they have the best game of their season.

Always liked Blackburn as a club until Venkys pretty much ruined them. Decent set of fans who seem level headed about themselves.

When we have a player playing against their old club they have a stinker - when was the last time an ex player did well for us against their old team? But when an ex player comes up against us they have the best game of their season.

Chris Wood- Bristol City?

Marshall at Sheffield Wednesday last season I suppose, although he was only on loan there.

Archived