Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Striker pairing tomorrow

I reckon it will be Dublin and De Vries to start of with and then Conners comming on early second half depending on how well we do!

I would prefer to see De Vries and Connolly but DC hasnt played many games pre-season so i reckon CL wont risk it.

Been getting mixed messages from CL in the press. One minute he's saying that Connolly is fit and raring to go and that he should be fully fit for tomorrow but in the Star today he's banging on about how Dublins so important as a striker. At least now we have competion for the striker positions which we lacked last season.

Oh my god, I cannot believe how you lot think Dublin and de Vries will play together now that Connolly is fit. Yes, he's only played about 120 minutes of football this pre-season but he's an energetic player and if anyone can play whilst not match fit Connolly is your man. I'm sure Levein would rather get an hour out of Connolly and then take him off when he's knackered than have them pair of cnuts starting and the possibility of a mountain to climb when it's time for Connolly to come on.

Naah Dave will start tomorrow unless he gets another injury today in training.

I'm hoping for a Connolly MDV pairing to start the game, the partnership needs a chance to develop and the only way we'll find out if MDV is any good is if he plays fully fit for 5+ games in a row with the same partner. Probably see Dublin after about 60 minutes if either are tiring.

Hopefully it will be Connolly-De Vries starting, with Hammond coming on when/if Connolly gets tired. If Connolly is deemed not fit enough to start, I'd throw in Hammond straight into the starting XI - I fear at the thought of Dublin-De Vries starting.

I'm sure it'll be Connolly and De Vries. Birch let it slip on the Century phone in that Hammond won't start so you can rule that out and even a half-fit Connolly is better than that God-awful pairing of Dublin and De Vries.

no danger levein will play connolly!

Levein is a boring manager ie 1-0 wins.

at hearts he mastered the art of 1-0 wins.

Trust me get used to hoofball and dublin/de vries.

Levein doesnt believe in playing football on the ground

is it still everyman back for corners? :D

no danger levein will play connolly!

Levein is a boring manager ie 1-0 wins.

at hearts he mastered the art of 1-0 wins.

Trust me get used to hoofball and dublin/de vries.

Levein doesnt believe in playing football on the ground

is it still everyman back for corners? :D

151060[/snapback]

Bollocks - we play some great passing football on the ground. Long gone are the days of hoof.

Sadly, Levein still persists in bringing back everyone for corners/set pieces, sheer lunacy.

Archived