Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr.X

What is the last song you cried to ?

Damien rices the blowers daughter gets me,me wife walked down the isle to it and snow patrols chasing cars,me 1st dance,with regards to my genre of music,30 seconds to Mars 'this is war' album is a really emotional album for me,especially the track hurracane?

Interesting. May I ask why?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. May I ask why?

Listening to the bass guitar and the lyrics in an acoustic track,the lyrics Jared Leto sings are questions I ask myself,and things I have said to my wife befour we married so is a reminder of how lucky I am now and how fortunate she let my words go through 1 ear and out the other,always questioning her commitment on my insecurities??being in a bad place in my head through my own faults,

Didn't particular want to be here???

Though I'm now 18 months into my recovery and new life?im getting past my demons?

Listening to the bass guitar and the lyrics in an acoustic track,the lyrics Jared Leto sings are questions I ask myself,and things I have said to my wife befour we married so is a reminder of how lucky I am now and how fortunate she let my words go through 1 ear and out the other,always questioning her commitment on my insecurities??being in a bad place in my head through my own faults,

Didn't particular want to be here???

Though I'm now 18 months into my recovery and new life?im getting past my demons?

Fair enough.

It is quite a deep song.

A few songs bring a lump to the throat. 'Gimme Some Truth' every time, 'Young and Lovely' by Blur, 'All Your Life' by Blur. Quite a bit of Blur, oddly. 'Dark Globe' by Syd Barrett. 'So Long Marianne' by Lenny C, '1979', 'Time to Pretend' MGMT because of a place it reminds me of. Not sure that's a great list of songs, but they have their place. As an angst-ridden teenager in the late 90s I had a massive soft spot for 'Two Sisters' by The Kinks, which is about coming to terms with not being as cool or great or amazing as someone you're close to. That's a favourite. And a mate of mine had 'Other Side' on at their funeral; can't listen to that too easily these days.

I defy any man to listen to any of Johnny Cash's American Recordings with dry eyes.

The first person I thought of when I saw the thread.  The life he lived, the love for his wife, her death & the fact he didn't have long left himself - which could be heard in his voice.  Just that there are too many tracks to choose from.    

Archived