Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Udders Field v City - Player ratings ?

Schmeichel  9    Some outstanding saves. Also was decisive on corners if not always great with his punches. Better distribution than of late. Without him we would have lost.

Konchesky  5    One of his poorer performances of late. 3 very badly misplaced passes two of which just went into touch. Got better in the second half.

Morgan 5    Sorry but I thought he was really average at best. Really outplayed by Vaughan. Exposed on the ground as rather slow and didn't do that well in the air either.

Wasilewski 6   Excellent in the air but please please stay on your feet. I didn't really see the incedent with vaughan but if he did use an elbow then I guess the video evidence will condemn him. Most of his passes went to feet and found their man. He and Wes were badly exposed for lack of pace though.

Moore 5.5   He's just not a right back really at this level. Caught out of position quite a few times which exposed Wasilewski and going forwards he tried hard but doesn't have the attacking finesse of De Laet. As for those long throws.... it is time to forget them. One just went straight to their player.

Knockaert 6  His corners were pretty good but otherwise a typical performance from him. Lots of fancy tricks but actually very little end product. I think opponents have worked him out a bit.

Drinkwater 8   He was very good. Good movement off the ball and was involved in everything we did. Some very good passing.

King 7      He played well for about an hour and then seemed to fade and probably should have been subbed earlier.

Dyer  6   Lots of effort and his pace is an asset but his finishing was terrible. Also he needs to look up before he crosses. He basically just kicks it and hopes someone will be there.

Nugent 6   Again his link up play was terrific but the woeful one on one effort is rather symptomatic of his form at the moment; fine until it comes to scoring goals from open play

Vardy 8.5.  A really terrific display. His goal was a real top quality effort. Always a nuisance to their back line.

Schmeichel- 9 (Four top saves, especially the late one. Totally redeemed himself after Doncaster)

Moore- 6

Wasyl- 7

Morgan- 7

Konchesky- 7

Knockaert- 7

Drinkwater- 8.5

King- 7

Dyer- 6

Nugent- 7

Vardy- 8

Surprised Wasilewski is getting such high marks. I thought Vaughan had way too much time and space today.

I agree, I thought he was just Ok today.  Morgan was marking Vaughan for the majority of the game and he caused Wes problems, Wasilewski was good in the air and comfortable on the ball but got rolled once in the first half that they nearly scored from and got turned once in the second half.  He also could arguably have been sent off.

I agree, I thought he was just Ok today. Morgan was marking Vaughan for the majority of the game and he caused Wes problems, Wasilewski was good in the air and comfortable on the ball but got rolled once in the first half that they nearly scored from and got turned once in the second half. He also could arguably have been sent off.

Agree. Hopefully he will improve as the games come.

Failed to see how Drinkwater did any better than King to be honest.

Really? :blink:

Kasper 8 - Incredible shot stopping.

Konch - 7

Morgan - 8

Waselski - 8 Beast of a centre back pairing we'll have.

Moore - 6 - Not as comfortable at right back.

Dyer - 6 lol I love Lloyd but he would be working in Burger King if he didn't have pace, those two shots had me in tears. How you hit the ball out for a throw in shooting at goal is beyond me.

King - 6 Hardly noticed him.

Drinkwater - 9 Thought he ran the game, MOM

Knockaert - 8 Always looking to create, wish he'd knock off the play acting though.

Vardy - 8 Exceptional. Lovely goal and interplay.

Nugent - 6 Poor, lacking confidence in front of goal and gave ball away too easily.

Kasper 9 - Match winning performance

Konch - 7 - Shame about the OG but a solid game otherwise

Morgan - 8 - Solid

Waselski - 7 - Lucky not to be sent off and was turned way too easily at times. Other than that very solid.

Moore - 6 - I dont know if it was our tactic but he often strayed forward. Maybe too much and it left us exposed

Dyer - 6 - Worked hard and created space and opportunities with his pace but his end product wasnt up to scratch

King - 6 - Solid if unspectacular

Drinkwater - 8 - Good game in what has been a good season so far

Knockaert - 8 - Was very lively, particularly early on. Good set pieces which ultimately created the OG.

Vardy - 8 Good game. Good finish and worked hard. Long may it continue

Nugent - 6 Good assist but his first touch was poor at times and his finishing was weak.

Archived