Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Udders Field v City - Player ratings ?

Kasper 8.5 - Some really good reaction saves, good at collecting crosses and punching corners. Think he had a point to prove today, and he certainly made it.

Moore 7 - strong in the air, fairly solid defensively

Morgan 7 - Generally solid

Wacil - Again looked fairly solid

Konchesky 7.5 - some good runs forward. He's putting in some very steady performances.

Knockaert 7 - did well without being outstanding. Think his corners have improved a lot this season.

King 7 - all-round midfield performance.

Drinkwater 7.5 - kept the ball well, positive and creative.

Dyer 6 - caused them problems but he did make me laugh with those two shots in the second half!

Nugent 7 - nice pass for Vardy's goal, shame he couldn't finish the one-on-one in the first half.

Vardy 7.5 - due a goal and what an effort it was! Some crunching tackles from him today too!

Hammond 7 - solid, experienced player who helped us see the game out

James 6 - gave the ball away a little, might struggle to get in the team while King & Drinkwater are playing well.

Schlupp - N/A

Schmeichel 8 - Never ever slag him off again, four class saves today

Moore 7 - Composed performance at right-back, his positioning at times is so good

Morgan 7 - His usual solid self

Wasilewski 8 - Like him, good in the air, tackles well, passes well & get's players sent off

Konchesky 6 - Few errors today, including the own goal

Knockaert 7 - Started very brightly, but petered out as the game went out

Drinkwater 8 - Controlled the midfield today, very forward thinking for majority of the game

King 6 - Didn't notice him much today, but has played back to back international matches, so I'll let him off

Dyer 7 - When on the ball, he was very dangerous, end product again was average

Vardy 8 - Looked impressive again, get's his body in, works hard and scored a good goal

Nugent 6 - Just keeps on hustling and bustling to no prevail, should of scored

Honorable mention to Dean Hammond as well, played well when he came on, some very good/important tackles.

Surprised Wasilewski is getting such high marks. I thought Vaughan had way too much time and space today.

Besides one slightly over committed lunge that lead to their goal, he was excellent. Solid defensively and very rarely if ever failed to find a blue shirt with either head or feet.

Thought he was comfortably one of our best players. Really liked that back four.

I wonder if people want to like Wasyl so much that it's actually going to cloud judgement. He was fairly solid today but got completely done on a couple of occasions and his positioning was suspect at times, leaving too much of a gap between himself and Morgan and at other times himself and Moore. Still a good performance overall but such problems could be highlighted more against better opposition.

Besides one slightly over committed lunge that lead to their goal, he was excellent. Solid defensively and very rarely if ever failed to find a blue shirt with either head or feet.

Thought he was comfortably one of our best players. Really liked that back four.

Agree! Wazza looked very composed and you could see his experience and class shining through at times! Let's not forget it was his first full competitive game in quite a while I would guess?

I'd also like to mention that it was superb defensive header from Wasyl, where he got in front of the attacker, that ended in three passes later with Vardy's goal. Had he not been so alert, two Huddersfield  players could have scored, so instead of taking the lead 30 seconds later, we could have been 1 - 0 down. Strong defender and an asset to the team. The back 4 will play together for the next month as Pearson suggested De Laet will be out for about 4 weeks.

Kasper 8 - Some world class saves today.

Moore 7 - Solid, but we missed De Laet's attacking threat.

Morgan 7 - Slightly more shakey than normal, but still fantastic.

Wasilewski 6.5 - Beast. Lost half a mark for being at fault for the goal.

Konchesky 6.5 - Gave the ball away needlessly at times.

Knockaert 7 - Started the game brilliantly, but faded towards the end.

Drinkwater 7 - One of his better games, but his lack of pace is a bit weakness in the middle IMO.

King 7 - Tidy.

Dyer 6 - Some dreadful finishing today.

Nugent 6 - Poor again, extra mark for the assist but for a goal-scoring striker he mishits shots far too often.

Vardy 8 - Great finish, worked very hard.

Hammond 7 - Just what we needed when he came on, would like to see him start.

James 6.5 - Should be starting.

Schlupp N/A

Kasper 8 - Made some fantastic saves today and his kicking was good. The save from Vaughan when he was offside was class.

Moore 6 - Tends to jump into people when going for a header but was solid enough.

Konch 6 - Tried to get forward as much as he could and did ok at the back. Unlucky with their goal.

Morgan 6 - Didn't think he was great but his presence is massive for us. Gonna bear it in mind he would've only got back Friday.

Wasilewski 6 - Solid, Strong and will get stuck in all the time but I can see a red or two for him this season.

Knocky 7 - An assist from a corner which was class amongst others. Gave them some problems on the counter too.

Dyer 5 - Dread to think how bad certain other players would've been slated if their finishing was as bad as Lloyd's today. Pace as always was his main threat.

King 7 - Had a good game. Can't remember a misplaced pass and did his bit at the back.

Drinky 7 - Another great performance. Drives us on, creates space for himself and others.

Nuge 6 - Absolutely woeful attempts on target but he did ever so well for Vardy's goal.

Vardy 8 - lovely finish and his usual hard work and enthusiasm.

Schmeichel 8.5 - Top drawer, as usual. The casual manner we played in spells outfield with Kasper yesterday it may well have been a defeat.

Moore 7 - I felt he added something to his game going forward yesterday we'd not seen so much from him previously. With De Laet out for a month we'll need that from him.

Morgan 6.5 - Given a torrid time by Vaghan who was a real handful, and his partners antics did not help him to be quite as composed as normal.

Wasilewski 5 - A mess. Having seen him play well against Direby in the cup I was expecting him to slot in perfectly. However his positioning was poor, he got turned more than once on the edge of the box, he lost the ball for what lead to their goal, his wandering caused Morgan problems and the elbow on Vaughan could well have got him sent off. I wouldn't write him off at all but he needs to improve is he is going to cover for Moore whilst De Laet is out.

Konchesky 6.5 - 100th Leicester game and got up and back well, nothing outstanding good or bad to report and the own goal was in truth a ball that was already past the keeper so all he was doing was trying to keep it out.

Knockaert 7.5 - Fantastic corners and wide/build up play, let down here and there by his trademark ball greedy antics. Still a huge asset to the side.

Drinkwater 7 - Doing the ugly dirty work well and deserves his place over James right now.

King 7 - Nearly scored with a rocket of a shot and drove the team forward well at times.

Dyer 7.5 - A typical 110% Lloyd performance that had their full back in all sorts of trouble. Some lovely crosses into the 6 yard area only for no one to be in there to tap it in. 

Vardy 8.5 - All the work and effort that have got him the plaudits of late but this time topped by a superb finish. He still hesitates too much at times when he gets a chance at goal and also lays the ball off rather than shooting too much. Be confident, be more ruthless and he could well be the man to fire us up.

Nugent 6 - Looked like he felt sorry for himself too much for me yesterday. Didn't chase down all that he could and should have scored with the 1 on 1 chance in the first half that in truth he barely struck with an venom at all. Of course he is so important to us, but he needs to find his top gear performance level for next week's match.

I really felt this game needed some positive substitutions at around the hour mark, and with Wood and GTF on the bench we had the personnel to do that. Huddersfield were rarely challenging us in a dangerous manner and in truth this game should have been won by us before half time, however with the game still relatively tight a positive substitution of two would have helped seal the deal for me. What actually happened was a more negative double sub and change of system and whilst I applaud Hammond for mopping up effectively once he came on I felt it was not needed.

With Nugent not at his absolute best there was ever case for giving the now fit and needing game time Wood half and hour to be the focal point of our attacking force.

At the end of the day it was 3 points, however I felt we laboured to the victory in a manner that left the game far more close that it should have been.

Whilst many teams lower down this league come to King Power to sit back and frustrate Huddersfield came to play, and as a result we had wide open spaces to attack into that should have seen us pick them apart in the first 45. I'd like to see more from our lads when the organised Bournemouth show up next weekend.

Archived