Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

The scapegoats

I love love love Lloyd Dyer, how people can slate him is madness, his pace gives us so much, infact i would actually hand on heart say that his pace when utilised effectively is the most effective dimension of our whole playing style.

fair point, few people can handle his pace and if he's given a decent ball to run onto with space, he can cause real trouble down that left wing

Drinky & Dyer were outstanding. As Ive said all the time for the last 5 years Dyer is a class player and its proved again and again. Him and Vardy are the 2 players I think who have been the players of the season. Although I must admit although I thought Drinky was awful last year and we should get rid, hes proving me wrong so far.

Delighted for Dyer. So many people have rubbished him at times but, once again, he's caused havoc and this time plundered our winning goal against Premiership opposition.

The bloke's been an absolutely splendid servant to our club - a guy who just gets on with it when he's not selected and yet gives his all every time he wears the shirt and with considerable effect a lot of the time.

Delighted for Dyer. So many people have rubbished him at times but, once again, he's caused havoc and this time plundered our winning goal against Premiership opposition.

The bloke's been an absolutely splendid servant to our club - a guy who just gets on with it when he's not selected and yet gives his all every time he wears the shirt and with considerable effect a lot of the time.

Can't disagree with this. He's so, so frustrating at times yet I couldn't ever bring myself to dislike the bloke.

Agreed. Him and Vardy are players of the season so far imo

He looks confident in helping to control games. Picked up a bit of an eye for goal too. His range of passing is chronically under-rated.

Cant disagree with any of that.

I think to balance it slightly, some of Lloyds finishing this season, especially at home, in one on one/penalty box situations has been poor. I can think of four times where his first touch/shooting accuracy has been extremely poor and had the other side have gone up the other end and scored he would have been held more accountable than he has.

His pace allows him to get these opportunities though, especially on the break. I understand he has played in premiership before but for the above reasons i am sorry to say that if we did get promoted I don't think he'd be good enough to play anymore than a substitute role in the premier league. 

Love the guy though.

This, this and this again...

Very good post Thrac

People never give him credit and even when they do its something along the lines of 'hes a credit to the club'..'he never moans' blah blah. Thats disrespecting what he actually has done for this club tbh. He is chronically underrated and nearly always has a quality game. This season he has been class in 90% of the games. Remember he captained us and scored a cracker along the way to get us through round 2, came on to completely change the game in round 3 and scores the winner in round 4. Hes also scored a few league goals and numerous assists already.

Other rubbish people come out with are things like 'he wouldnt cope in the EPL'...wheres the proof? The proof I see is he scores today..only Fulham though? I remember he scored against a couple of other 'average' teams..Man City and Real Madrid..small tinpot clubs who havnt got a penny...

Personally I find it to be the opposite mentality of a majority of our fans towards Was. With Was its like people get all sorts of boners 'Omg hes such a beast' 'hes so big and strong' like they want to marry him. Because of this, most WANT to like him and therefore get selective opinions and see everything in a postive light. If he'd got sent off for the Vaughen incident people would say 'its amazing weve finally got a beast who puts himself about though'. 

With Dyer its the opposite, dismiss the consistent class performances, moments, and goals then the first oppurtunity to jump on him..everyone weighs in with total sh*te 'hes lost it' 'he misses so many chances'..its pretty sad and pathetic really.

Lloyd Dyer if your reading this, even if a majority of LCFC fans dont respect what you've done..You will always go down as a class player and a LCFC Legend in my eyes. I dont have respect for many footballers..but Ive always envied 1 - Stevie Gerrard and 2 - Lloyd Dyer. 

Top player & a Top man, Player of the season so far and probably LCFC player of the decade.

Archived