Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

Just Saying

Maybe that needs a little explanation or maybe not. Just look at the titles of the threads posted in the last 24hrs:

You know when you have that feeling...

Forest don't stand a chance!

Watford Message Boards

Knockaert - Legend!

Sell out for Forest?

All I can say is....

Best Ever

On Top of the World

The world has gone a little mad. Posters like cityfanlee and The People's Nob Head are unsurprisingly absent and even ASS said something that might be interpreted as a positive yesterday.  Now, I am as happy as anyone about yesterday's result (and performance) and I don't want to begrudge anyone their moment but why do we have to swing from one extreme to another. I get it - we dicked all over them - well done. I also get what Col says (he tends to talk sense) about having a funny feeling (I have it and I also remember the MON days - so fondly) but we really need to approach the next period with at least a modicum of caution (for our own sake). It is still early in the season and any of us with any memory (not too distant) will know how a season can change (an injury, a bad run of games, some bad luck and we could be fighting it out in the playoff places or worse). 

That is not to say that confidence is a bad thing. I argued in another thread that there is no evidence that an extended cup run has a negative affect on a team. Confidence and competition are good things for a team but... (and there is a but)... football REALLY IS a funny game.

Doesn't any one see the irony of the topic posted about the Watford Message Boards and the one posted about Forest Don't Stand a Chance? Come on guys, in one breath we are berating Watford for their comments about us pre-match; the audacity and over-confidence of their fans. And then what.... and then we have a thread dedicated to how we are going to take Forest apart. Anyone heard of the word HUBRIS (google it) - and we all know what comes next. The irony being that their fans will read these threads and be saying exactly the same things as we were saying about Watford!

Now, I am not saying that we don't deserve to be happy or that I expect us to lose against Forest but anyone who thinks that we are 100% def going to win this game is sadly naive. We are flying high and they have lost their last two games. They will be eager and up-for-it and they really are a good team. Many have joked that getting knocked out of the play-off semis in the way we did galvanized us against Watford. Can nobody see that not making the play-offs in the way that they did last year (I don't need to tell you how that happened) will do the same thing to them!

And this is one game - we are not half way through the season yet.  On the other hand, if we lose the next game then it really is not the end of the world. We should enjoy moments like these but let's hold on to a bit of reality and get back to talking about football. One game at a time!

It's hard to not feel great about City at the moment but I get what you're saying. With some of the crap we've had to waych through the years its good to players playing for each other and genuinely looking like they care, many will say they only care about the money but I'm not so sure.

Foxestalk will always go from one extreme to another. If we win 6 new threass will be made to say how hapoy people are. If we lose 15 threads will made about Nigel pearson lol

I'm an optimist but I'm well aware that a bad run of form could be just around the corner. We need to take it one game at a time which so far we've done incredibly well. I'll never predict that we will batter teams four or five nil like some on here do but we certainly shouldn't fear anyone in this league. I thought yesterday would be the big test but we dominated most of the game.

Maybe that needs a little explanation or maybe not. Just look at the titles of the threads posted in the last 24hrs:

Watford Message Boards

Knockaert - Legend!

Sell out for Forest?

All I can say is....

Best Ever

On Top of the World

To be fair, "Best Ever" is based on fact. It's our best ever start to a season.

Watford Message Boards

Knockaert - Legend!

Sell out for Forest?

All I can say is....

Best Ever

On Top of the World

The world has gone a little mad. Posters like cityfanlee and The People's Nob Head are unsurprisingly absent and even ASS said something that might be interpreted as a positive yesterday.  Now, I am as happy as anyone about yesterday's result (and performance) and I don't want to begrudge anyone their moment but why do we have to swing from one extreme to another. I get it - we dicked all over them - well done. I also get what Col says (he tends to talk sense) about having a funny feeling (I have it and I also remember the MON days - so fondly) but we really need to approach the next period with at least a modicum of caution (for our own sake). It is still early in the season and any of us with any memory (not too distant) will know how a season can change (an injury, a bad run of games, some bad luck and we could be fighting it out in the playoff places or worse). 

That is not to say that confidence is a bad thing. I argued in another thread that there is no evidence that an extended cup run has a negative affect on a team. Confidence and competition are good things for a team but... (and there is a but)... football REALLY IS a funny game.

Doesn't any one see the irony of the topic posted about the Watford Message Boards and the one posted about Forest Don't Stand a Chance? Come on guys, in one breath we are berating Watford for their comments about us pre-match; the audacity and over-confidence of their fans. And then what.... and then we have a thread dedicated to how we are going to take Forest apart. Anyone heard of the word HUBRIS (google it) - and we all know what comes next. The irony being that their fans will read these threads and be saying exactly the same things as we were saying about Watford!

Now, I am not saying that we don't deserve to be happy or that I expect us to lose against Forest but anyone who thinks that we are 100% def going to win this game is sadly naive. We are flying high and they have lost their last two games. They will be eager and up-for-it and they really are a good team. Many have joked that getting knocked out of the play-off semis in the way we did galvanized us against Watford. Can nobody see that not making the play-offs in the way that they did last year (I don't need to tell you how that happened) will do the same thing to them!

And this is one game - we are not half way through the season yet.  On the other hand, if we lose the next game then it really is not the end of the world. We should enjoy moments like these but let's hold on to a bit of reality and get back to talking about football. One game at a time!

A lot of the people thinking that those on the Watford messageboards are being bitter losers are not the same who think we're going to smash Forest.

Yesterday means nothing without weeks of consistent performances to back it up. We were absolutely excellent yesterday but Forest is always a big game, despite what those on the red side of the Trent say, and we will need to be at our best to win.

I think when it comes round to match day most will admit they would take a draw against forest. Of course we want to win every game, but we have had many false dawns and apart from Watford and Wigan we haven't always performed like promotion contenders, despite results. Great result and great start to the season but we will know more about the mettle of this team after forestQPR and Burnley.

I was going to say before ttfn came in and said it, laughing at the hubris of the Watford fans before the match kicked off is very different to the over-exuberance shown by some. 

• Forest don't stand a chance - The majority of posters on that thread have chastised the OP for starting it. OP has now admitted he wrote it while lashed!
  • Watford Message Boards - Laughing at their pre-match arrogance and post-match pouting and tears.
  • Knockaert Legend - Praising him for his skill, the way he's reacted to the penalty miss and being happy for him burying his demons yesterday.
  • Sell out for Forest - Asking whether the 'feel good' factor surrounding LCFC at the moment will lead to a sell-out against Forest. Plenty of people saying that our Platinum pricing will actually give a ceiling of around 26-27,000.
  • All I can say is - Telling us what we already knew anyway: that the celebrations for Knockaert's goal were carnage.
  • On top of the world - OP says he's delighted by the result, but is calling on us not to get too excited as we will inevitably have a loss of form and shouldn't get on the players' backs when it happens.

I don't think it's quite the hive of extreme over-optimism portrayed here.

I was going to say before ttfn came in and said it, laughing at the hubris of the Watford fans before the match kicked off is very different to the over-exuberance shown by some.

• Forest don't stand a chance - The majority of posters on that thread have chastised the OP for starting it. OP has now admitted he wrote it while lashed!
  • Watford Message Boards - Laughing at their pre-match arrogance and post-match pouting and tears.
  • Knockaert Legend - Praising him for his skill, the way he's reacted to the penalty miss and being happy for him burying his demons yesterday.
  • Sell out for Forest - Asking whether the 'feel good' factor surrounding LCFC at the moment will lead to a sell-out against Forest. Plenty of people saying that our Platinum pricing will actually give a ceiling of around 26-27,000.
  • All I can say is - Telling us what we already knew anyway: that the celebrations for Knockaert's goal were carnage.
  • On top of the world - OP says he's delighted by the result, but is calling on us not to get too excited as we will inevitably have a loss of form and shouldn't get on the players' backs when it happens.
I don't think it's quite the hive of extreme over-optimism portrayed here.
Bang on as always Bilo.

They are having a bad run at the moment and we are having a good run,at some point that will be reversed as is football,let's just hope it doesn't happen on Saturday.I don't think it will but let's keep our feet on the ground.

On a different note,F**k those Red Scum.

I think when it comes round to match day most will admit they would take a draw against forest. Of course we want to win every game, but we have had many false dawns and apart from Watford and Wigan we haven't always performed like promotion contenders, despite results. Great result and great start to the season but we will know more about the mettle of this team after forestQPR and Burnley.

Absolutely not. Only a win is acceptable against Forest at home.

You don't go to local  derbies being happy with a draw. Fvck that shit.

Can't agree more.

I'm very happy, i'm excited, but i'm trying to keep my feet on the ground, stay level headed, almost play it down abit.

We as Leicester City fans have seen it all before, too many times, how many false dawns have we had?!

Don't get me wrong, enjoy it, i'm enjoying it, but i'm just keeping calm, keeping my feet on the ground and not getting ahead of myself, i'm taking it game by game.

For example, threads like 'Forest don't stand a chance' I cringe at because, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes and bites us on the arse.

Enjoy it by all means, I am, I'm really proud after yesterday but please don't get ahead of yourselves.

The world has gone a little mad. Posters like cityfanlee and The People's Nob Head are unsurprisingly absent and even ASS said something that might be interpreted as a positive yesterday. 

Note to mods: I would like to officially retract any of my posts that may have been wrongfully interpreted as positive comments.

Yours sincerely,

ASS. 

Can't agree more.

I'm very happy, i'm excited, but i'm trying to keep my feet on the ground, stay level headed, almost play it down abit.

We as Leicester City fans have seen it all before, too many times, how many false dawns have we had?!

Don't get me wrong, enjoy it, i'm enjoying it, but i'm just keeping calm, keeping my feet on the ground and not getting ahead of myself, i'm taking it game by game.

For example, threads like 'Forest don't stand a chance' I cringe at because, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes and bites us on the arse.

Enjoy it by all means, I am, I'm really proud after yesterday but please don't get ahead of yourselves.

Spot on mate

Archived