Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigSmudge

Overrating

If the La Liga and PL teams did a place-for-place contest (ie Barca v Arsenal, Atleti v Liverpool, Real v Chelsea and so on) La Liga would win comfortably. That for me makes La Liga stronger.

I think this for both Spain and Germany, although the latter only has 18 teams.

I'm convinced your Werder Bremen's and Celta Vigo's would take apart the likes of Norwich, West Ham, Hull, Sunderland etc...

Agree with all apart from those ;)

Ath Madrid have just cruised through a Champions League Group, beat Real Madrid on the last three occasions, are a point off Barcelona in November and recently won two UEFA cups, I'm not having that on a par with Liverpool! lol

Pretty much this. Atletico would be up there with Arsenal for me at the minute, arguably better. Fantastic side and very under-rated.

La lugs stronger than the premier league? No chance. They may have the best team in Barcelona and some of the best players but it was like the SPL. A two horse race. Where as the premier league is a six horse race.

Arsenal

United

City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Any of them could win it.

Your theory also doesn't work.

Barcelona v City would be close

So would Madrid v Chelsea

Then Arsenal should be Athletico

United should beat Servilla

Arsenal should beat Valencia

Liverpool should beat Malaga

Spurs should beat Getafe?

Apart from Madrid and Barcelona the rest aren't that good

So what you're effectively saying is the Championship is better than both because it's got more teams fighting for the title?

The top three in Spain are better, then from about 4th-9th/10th I'd say England, then the bottom half Spain. The bottom half of the Premier League is full of utter crap.

So what you're effectively saying is the Championship is better than both because it's got more teams fighting for the title?

The top three in Spain are better, then from about 4th-9th/10th I'd say England, then the bottom half Spain. The bottom half of the Premier League is full of utter crap.

no don't be silly, the championship entertaining mind. But the premier league have more quality players. He also stated that La Liga teams would beat premier league teams. Which is doubtful

Personally think Barcelona would beat City; look at the job Bayern did when they visited the Etihad... Munich controlled the game with 66% possession and managed 21 shots (City had 9 and they were at home).

As dan said Bayern are the best team in the world

La lugs stronger than the premier league? No chance. They may have the best team in Barcelona and some of the best players but it was like the SPL. A two horse race. Where as the premier league is a six horse race.

Arsenal

United

City

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Any of them could win it.

Your theory also doesn't work.

Barcelona v City would be close

So would Madrid v Chelsea

Then Arsenal should be Athletico

United should beat Servilla

Arsenal should beat Valencia

Liverpool should beat Malaga

Spurs should beat Getafe?

Apart from Madrid and Barcelona the rest aren't that good

I don't know where to start with this.

Two horse race?. Real have the third best team in Spain at the minute.

On what basis are spurs considered title challengers? They haven't finished anywhere near the top in recent years, same with Liverpool.

Scotland a two horse race? Celtic and who?

no don't be silly, the championship entertaining mind. But the premier league have more quality players.

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Bale are all superior to any player in the Premiership.

The title race is genuinely open in Spain this year although I do fancy Barca.

It's quite funny actually, last year in the 'big five' (PL, BL, L1, SA, LL) there was an outstanding winner every time. Not a single one of them had any competition for the title.

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Bale are all superior to any player in the Premiership.

Suarez & Bale is a close call IMO.

I don't know where to start with this.

Two horse race?. Real have the third best team in Spain at the minute.

On what basis are spurs considered title challengers? They haven't finished anywhere near the top in recent years, same with Liverpool.

Scotland a two horse race? Celtic and who?

well if you're confident I'll bet you that Madrid and Barca finish in the top 2 and the premier league top 6 is the ones I predicted

The title race is genuinely open in Spain this year although I do fancy Barca.

It's quite funny actually, last year in the 'big five' (PL, BL, L1, SA, LL) there was an outstanding winner every time. Not a single one of them had any competition for the title.

Suarez & Bale is a close call IMO.

Fair point. And Suarez is begging to get to Spain asap.

Stevie G and Lamps are both class on there day. Same with Scholes. If you had to choose a team from la Liga or the prem I would honestly choose the prem

You have to wonder why couldn't get a team in the Champions league quarter finals then last season and haven't had a winner for years.

A Spanish side would have a midfield controlled by Xavi and Iniesta and Messi Ronaldo,Bale going forward.

The PL side would get raped

Personally think Barcelona would beat City; look at the job Bayern did when they visited the Etihad... Munich controlled the game with 66% possession and managed 21 shots (City had 9 and they were at home).

I thought you were on about us for a minute, I was like WTF? lol

You have to admit that the Spanish league isn't that competitive on the whole. Madrid and Barca win most games very, very easily, 4 and 5-0s are commonplace.

I generally agree with Matt on the subject though. The Spaniards play a different kind of football so their strugglers would probably piss all over ours, even though they're well behind Madrid and Barca.

As for us, we don't need a squad overhaul to stay up. A few quality signings can make so much difference - and it has been said that we played almost a second team against Fulham (who rested less players than us) and we were the better team for most of it.

Going up is the first hurdle. let's do that first :)

It's not competitive on the whole but it was more competitive than the premier league last season.

The top sides are still miles clear in the EPL of the rest, watch Man City v Spurs last week.

Cech

Zabaleta Kompany Terry Cole

Gerrard Toure

Hazard Ozil Mata

Aguero Suarez

With De Gea, Hart, Baines, Vidic, Wilshere, Ramsey, Lampard, Scholes, Oscar, Cazorla, Giroud, Rooney, Van Persie etc still to choose from

12 men and they'd still probably struggle against a La Liga XI

12 men and they'd still probably struggle against a La Liga XI

Not to mention retired players on the bench.

Can I have Maradona in my team?

It's not competitive on the whole but it was more competitive than the premier league last season.

The top sides are still miles clear in the EPL of the rest, watch Man City v Spurs last week.

Spurs were on a bad day. Sometimes big scores happen. Which also makes the premier league great. Much better viewing 

I think the PL is overrated (not saying it's a bad division but it's not 'the best in the World' imo)... Right, if you're Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea it's fun because you can go out and afford to buy players. But then there is a massive gap and the rest of the division just fight to finish top ten/stay up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Leicester in the top flight, but we will never win the division (because as I said it's dominated by money and we cannot compete), so all we can hope for is to win a domestic trophy and then get into Europe... The days where managers like Brian Clough would guide his team to win the second tier, then win the first tier, are long over.

In terms of strength, for me, you only have to look at what happens in Europe. Spain have been dominant at World Cups and European Championships in recent years, England haven't. In Europe, fair play Chelsea (somehow) and Manchester United recently won it, but Barcelona are always around near the final. City failed last time (and they are supposed to be our strongest side) so lets see what they can do this year... Barcelona have beaten Manchester United in two finals recently (when both teams were seen as the best from their division), while Madrid knocked United out last season.

Archived