Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

30 years ago...

... Apple launched the Macintosh. And changed the home computer landscape forever.

It wasn't just the compact size that was so revolutionary - it came at a price one third of what other, similar machines cost at the time.

And not to forget the user surface, which was way ahead of its time - even though Apple stole the concept from another company. :whistle:

They keep reinventing. The iPhone changed the way people use the Internet. We had a guest speaker during our lecture on Monday and he said something along the lines of 63% of people use their phones for internet use, which is all thanks to Apple. You have so much in your pocket if you've got a smart phone: the ability to buy food, tickets, gifts, gamble, read the news, check your email etc.

It is amazing. I know the word 'legend' is used far too often, but Steve Jobs really is a legend.

... Apple launched the Macintosh. And changed the home computer landscape forever.

It wasn't just the compact size that was so revolutionary - it came at a price one third of what other, similar machines cost at the time.

And not to forget the user surface, which was way ahead of its time - even though Apple stole the concept from another company. :whistle:

Its amazing the collaboration that occurred around that time with Apple, Microsoft, Zerox etc.

I thought Amstrad beat mac to it?

Amstrad IMO changed the computer market more than Mac, they were more affordable than macs, and became available to all

• 2 weeks later...

They keep reinventing. The iPhone changed the way people use the Internet. We had a guest speaker during our lecture on Monday and he said something along the lines of 63% of people use their phones for internet use, which is all thanks to Apple. You have so much in your pocket if you've got a smart phone: the ability to buy food, tickets, gifts, gamble, read the news, check your email etc.

It is amazing. I know the word 'legend' is used far too often, but Steve Jobs really is a legend.

The original iPhone was basically a total rip off of what other smartphone manufacturers like HTC were doing years before. There wasn't one single innovative feature.

Apple is good at marketing. I'm not sure they are that innovative though.

The original iPhone was basically a total rip off of what other smartphone manufacturers like HTC were doing years before. There wasn't one single innovative feature.

They made everything simple, starting with the homescreen. As I said, you've got everything in your pocket.

I believe the homescreen button itself, and the ability to slide to access the phone were new features among others.

Archived