Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Big Crowd for Ipswich?

Not sure what the definition of big is, but they seem to be getting excited - OS

Foxes Brace Themselves For Big Crowd

Leicester City fans have put their weight behind Craig Levein's new-look side - with demand for tickets ahead this weekend's Championship clash against Ipswich increasing significantly following Tuesday night's win.

A hat-trick from David Connolly helped to blast the Foxes to an emphatic 4-2 victory over Stoke City.

And city will be looking to turn on the style again in front of an enthusistic crowd on Saturday afternoon.

The Leicester City ticket staff office have been working on overdrive since the win as fans take up the opportunity to secure their seats for the big game against Joe Royle's Tractor Boys.

And supporters have also been taking the opportunity to order their tickets online through the club's official internet based service. CLICK HERE to book your seats now.

The Walkers Stadium ticket office is open until 5pm on Thursday and from 9am until 7pm on Friday ahead of the game. It will then re-open on Saturday morning at 9am - with tickets on sale up until kick off. Fans are also reminded that the sub-ticket outlets, based in the south east and south west corners of the stadium, will be open for business from 1:30pm.

Reckon there will be about 28K there especially after Tuesdays win. Dont expect them to bring many fans and i dotn reckon it will be a full house.

Im not going to it unfortunatly as i have to work!

To be honest, I'd still be surprised if there were more than 25k at the game. It smacks of a common marketing ploy where you make out that something is in demand, and will sell out soon so that people umming and aahing think 'Christ, I'd better get me tickets sharpish'.

To be honest, I'd still be surprised if there were more than 25k at the game.  It smacks of a common marketing ploy where you make out that something is in demand, and will sell out soon so that people umming and aahing think 'Christ, I'd better get me tickets sharpish'.

154767[/snapback]

Be as sceptical as you like - and you're probably right - but I'm off to get my tickets cos Tuesday was such belting entertainment. Wouldn't it be nice if the defence could register zero conceded for once but, one thing's for sure, you can't deny they contribute to the spectacle.

Shum bought our tickets a few weeks ago, but got a call yesterday to say they had double booked our seats with S/T holders. We were sitting in E2 and they still managed to move our seats within the same stand.

Two or three seasons ago you couldn't have got 2 seats together in the Kop this close to a 'big' game.

I'm not holding my breath for a sell out!

Shum bought our tickets a few weeks ago, but got a call yesterday to say they had double booked our seats with S/T holders.  We were sitting in E2 and they still managed to move our seats within the same stand. 

Two or three seasons ago you couldn't have got 2 seats together in the Kop this close to a 'big' game.

I'm not holding my breath for a sell out!

154806[/snapback]

It won't be anywhere near a sell out but it should be significantly higher than Tuesday i'd think, to be honest I wouldn't be bothered if it was 20,000 again we still made more noise than when 32,000 showed up in the prem!

Ok, lets say 13-15K season ticket holders, they will brinf 2,500 as they arnt trouble makers in general so there wont be a reduced crowd from there side.

Issue 1. Grade A fixtures are planned well in advance and well Ipswitch are about the same as us, they wanna be promoted so the more backing they can give them the better they do, 2.5K there support.

This brings it to lets say 17.5K, then you have the members and none seson ticket holders single purchases and day payers that make anything from 1,500 to 4,000 dependant on time /day/weather.

Forecast ....rain.

I rekon 22K due to the home result on tuesday and people having been paid the week before! Plus its a weekend.

Ok, lets say 13-15K season ticket holders, they will brinf 2,500 as they arnt trouble makers in general so there wont be a reduced crowd from there side.

Issue 1. Grade A fixtures are planned well in advance and well Ipswitch are about the same as us, they wanna be promoted so the more backing they can give them the better they do, 2.5K there support.

This brings it to lets say 17.5K, then you have the members and none seson ticket holders single purchases and day payers that make anything from 1,500 to 4,000 dependant on time /day/weather.

Forecast ....rain.

I rekon 22K due to the home result on tuesday and people having been paid the week before! Plus its a weekend.

154813[/snapback]

I reckon you could double as a computor. Impressively analytical that was. :) l

Not sure what the definition of big is, but they seem to be getting excited - OS

Leicester City fans have put their weight behind Craig Levein's new-look side - with demand for tickets ahead this weekend's Championship clash against Ipswich increasing significantly following Tuesday night's win.

A hat-trick from David Connolly helped to blast the Foxes to an emphatic 4-2 victory over Stoke City.

And city will be looking to turn on the style again in front of an enthusistic crowd on Saturday afternoon.

The Leicester City ticket staff office have been working on overdrive since the win as fans take up the opportunity to secure their seats for the big game against Joe Royle's Tractor Boys.

And supporters have also been taking the opportunity to order their tickets online through the club's official internet based service. CLICK HERE to book your seats now.

154761[/snapback]

Its an advert :rolleyes: alarm bells ring when our first home game only attracts 20,500.

Not once does this `print` tell us anything about the figure they expect to see, nor how many they`ve sold, or sold yesterday, since the marvellous performance.

An interesting thought entered my head earlier (yes i know its rare :D )

With the cost of petrol rocketing towards £1 per litre, might that explain the poor attendences from both home and alarmingly away support so far?

Apparently stoke only brought 1,000 when we know there good for 2,000 atleast.

We only took 500 to sheff, albeit on tv, but it was the FIRST game. Mind you, £23 is a tad steep.

To be honest, I'd still be surprised if there were more than 25k at the game.  It smacks of a common marketing ploy where you make out that something is in demand, and will sell out soon so that people umming and aahing think 'Christ, I'd better get me tickets sharpish'.

154767[/snapback]

SPOT ON, whada they think we are, bloody stupid :P

Be as sceptical as you like - and you're probably right - but I'm off to get my tickets cos Tuesday was such belting entertainment. Wouldn't it be nice if the defence could register zero conceded for once but, one thing's for sure, you can't deny they contribute to the spectacle.

154776[/snapback]

Thats a slight change of tune old wager ;):D . Up until tuesday night, you were a tad negative mate.

I would think there'll be around 1200 Town fans making the trip up to yours, I think some people were put off by paying £27 for a ticket. I wont be making the trip as I am working 6-10 saturday evening.

Thats a slight change of tune old wager ;)  :D . Up until tuesday night, you were a tad negative mate.

154871[/snapback]

I could still be as critical/negative as you like even after Tuesday but winning is a marvellous antidote.

Basically my sporting demeanour is simplicity itself. Winning is like a turbo-charged aphrodisiac and losing...? I loathe it cos losing makes me miserable.

154761[/snapback]

This big crowd thing - is that a prediction or a wish?

I think after winning on Tuesday and with it being a Saturday game, I think we can expect 25k - Anything more than that will come as a surprise to me. Individual match ticket prices for Grade A games are pathetic. The club only have themselves to blame for Tuesday's dismal attendance.

If i didn't have to pay £17 to watch it i would be going, if they offer me a ticket for £10 i'll take it :D

154771[/snapback]

You're lucky you only have to pay £17 - if that's how much the ticket would be for me I'd gladly go. (although if you're a member you'd get a £5 discount, which is something).

The cheapest ticket for me would still cost £22 (including discount), which ain't bad but it's not exactly cheap either.

You're lucky you only have to pay £17 - if that's how much the ticket would be for me I'd gladly go. (although if you're a member you'd get a £5 discount, which is something).

The cheapest ticket for me would still cost £22 (including discount), which ain't bad but it's not exactly cheap either.

155179[/snapback]

How many live events would you get into for £10?

What would you say is the average price for a pop concert?

Prices have not gone up, with membership it is a significant saving for grade A games which easily refunds the membership fee for attending a few games.

Also we believe there will be less grade A games than less season

155179[/snapback]

What is it for two adults and two kids (over 8) all non members

27+27+14+14 = £82 How's that going to attract 'new' fans?

Or am I reading it wrong of the OS

Bottom of the page

I could still be as critical/negative as you like even after Tuesday but winning is a marvellous antidote.

Basically my sporting demeanour is simplicity itself. Winning is like a turbo-charged aphrodisiac and losing...? I loathe it cos losing makes me miserable.

154884[/snapback]

You would have a reason to be critical after tuesday, but it wouldnt do anyone any good, least of all yourself.

Oh yes, i agree, its like what martin said, "whats the point getting to the final, if you dont win it". Winning is good, loosing isnt, but what you must do is USE the good from loosing to help you win.

Prices have not gone up, with membership it is a significant saving for grade A games which easily refunds the membership fee for attending a few games.

155187[/snapback]

How long do pop concerts usually last for though?

155187[/snapback]

Why is that relevant?

£27 for a casual supporter who maybe works saturdays, is a foxile, has never been before is outrageous and without question a rip off.

I say that as a long term season ticket holder with all the discounts. If my daughter or son, who both live outside Leicester come to visit no way are they going to be able to afford those silly prices.

Archived