Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Big Crowd for Ipswich?

Good! I cant get to every game,but when i went last season the atmosphere was dire at times during half decent games . Hopefully all you regulars can keep it up.

Its called business mate ;)

156297[/snapback]

but why are the stands different prices? Surely a cheap, big crowd makes more money than a small, expensive crowd? That is called business mate.

Maybe if we send a petition asking leicester to try making the tickets cheaper for 2 or 3 trial games and see if they benifit more they might take some action? TD seeems a rreasonable guy.

156075[/snapback]

It is worth a try.

In any case, it's stupid to have empty seats...

Good! I cant get to every game,but when i went last season the atmosphere was dire at times during half decent games . Hopefully all you regulars can keep it up.

but why are the stands different prices? Surely a cheap, big crowd makes more money than a small, expensive crowd? That is called business mate.

156301[/snapback]

like i said elasticity of demand, lowering price doesn't mean that demand will increase sufficiently to raise money though

oh the joy of a level business studies <_<

i would put my name on it. and alot of other people would to.

156310[/snapback]

Could start a thread saying something along the lines of. The following leicester city fans would like to see trial period of 2 or 3 games where ticket prices are lowered to £15 for adults in the kop and east stand and just £10 for under 16's in the kop and east stand. They believe more fans would buy tickets at lower prices and this would create a better atmosphere at the ground.

Then all the fans sign below.

Or are there any petition sites out there?

I found a good petition site that can be posted on various boards im sure if we can get 500-1000 signatures the club may consider taking us seriously.

156301[/snapback]

Not neccessarily, for example if the tickets were £15 and 10,000 single ticket buyers bought tickets, £15 x 10,000 = £150,000 whereas £35 x 5,000 = £175,000. Obviously thats just a rough estimate, but i would keep the ticket prices roughly the same, maybe drop or a few quid and find the happy medium.

Could start a thread saying something along the lines of. The following leicester city fans would like to see trial period of 2 or 3 games where ticket prices are lowered to £15 for adults in the kop and east stand and just £10 for under 16's in the kop and east stand. They believe more fans would buy tickets at lower prices and this would  create a better atmosphere at the ground.

Then all the fans sign below.

Or are there any petition sites out there?

I found a good petition site that can be posted on various boards im sure if we can get 500-1000 signatures the club may consider taking us seriously.

156314[/snapback]

There are a few sites that will allow you to set up an online petition for free. Some give a bit more control than others.

Which one have you already come across so far?

I think that wit averaging 21,000 attendances, as this is a Class A game (correct me if i am wrong), then we will rarely get a sell out. I think a temporary screen should be placed in a corner so that fans can watch highlights. Thuis could be paid for by sponsors wanting their name on the screen when theres a corner or a throw in,m like at Wolves?

156291[/snapback]

Screens like that cost £750,000 - no sponsorship deal would cover it. Can't see installing one would boost the crowd much if at all

£54 for two tickets to see Leicester City vs Ipswich Town in the Championship (division 2) is a **** discrace.

Sort your pricing out City unless you like 21,000 at each game, I certainly don't.

Non ST Fans need to look at joining the membership scheme. If they had the £27 became £22 today.

So far there has been £2 off Stoke, £5 off Ipswich & its £5 off the Luton game as well.

We believe members will get a discount for every game this season, so with membership costing £15, fans are soon saving money by joining

Non ST Fans need to look at joining the membership scheme. If they had the £27 became £22 today.

So far there has been £2 off Stoke, £5 off Ipswich & its £5 off the Luton game as well.

We believe members will get a discount for every game this season, so with membership costing £15, fans are soon saving money by joining

156413[/snapback]

Regardless, the price is still a bloody discrace.

And membership is not always an option to people, especially if you're awaiting funds to buy a season ticket but obviously want to buy a ticket for a particular match.

I haven't renewed my ST this season for the first time in about 13 years, mainly due to last seasons poor football, poor aptmosphere (would rather they gave the tickets away rather than have blocks of empty seats), my mate giving up on them and I feel less in touch with the club and the players than I have ever done. The fact was as the season wore on I was leaving earlier and earlier (55 Minutes my record!) until I missed the last few games altogether. I really didn't want to be there anymore.

Well I looked at the fixture list and tried working out how many games I'd actually pay to watch. No offence to any teams in the division but they really don't set my pulse racing and at the minute i've even held back on becoming a member as I don't think i'd recoup the cost of membership on the reduced rates.

Which brings me to yesterday, I could have been tempted, but at £27 for the Kop ( I used to sit in the east stand), or even £22 for what really was a very ordinary fixture in a very ordinary league they are not going to win back my support at those prices. Throw in the petrol, beer, food, programme ect. and its not £22-27 anymore its £40-£50. Thats just for me, and hey its a family game.

I'm not alone I know of at least two other thick and thin city fans who had just had enough. Who knows we may get promoted this year, don't tell me there won't be a price increase then!, and everyone comes flooding back next season, on the other hand they may not and a lot of guys put off by the prices find there are other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. The support thats been lost may be harder to win back than you think!.

The last two gates have been the lowest league attendances at the Walkers, and yes I agree obviously the Season Ticket should work out cheaper but the disparity, with match by match tickets at the moment is amazing!

I haven't renewed my ST this season for the first time in about 13 years, mainly due to last seasons poor football, poor aptmosphere (would rather they gave the tickets away rather than have blocks of empty seats), my mate giving up on them and I feel less in touch with the club and the players than I have ever done. The fact was as the season wore on I was leaving earlier and earlier (55 Minutes my record!) until I missed the last few games altogether. I really didn't want to be there anymore.

Well I looked at the fixture list and tried working out how many games I'd actually pay to watch. No offence to any teams in the division but they really don't set my pulse racing and at the minute i've even held back on becoming a member as I don't think i'd recoup the cost of membership on the reduced rates.

Which brings me to yesterday, I could have been tempted, but at £27 for the Kop ( I used to sit in the east stand), or even £22 for what really was a very ordinary fixture in a very ordinary league they are not going to win back my support at those prices. Throw in the petrol, beer, food, programme ect. and its not £22-27 anymore its £40-£50. Thats just for me, and hey its a family game.

I'm not alone I know of at least two other thick and thin city fans who had just had enough. Who knows we may get promoted this year, don't tell me there won't be a price increase then!, and everyone comes flooding back next season, on the other hand they may not and a lot of guys put off by the prices find there are other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. The support thats been lost may be harder to win back than you think!.

The last two gates have been the lowest league attendances at the Walkers, and yes I agree obviously the Season Ticket should work out cheaper but the disparity, with match by match tickets at the moment is amazing!

156501[/snapback]

This is an alarm call to the club and in many ways it emphasises what I say about CL being not only responsible for our results but the way we get those results.

You mention last season's "poor football" as one reason for not renewing your season ticket and presumably your pals would say the same.

Levein had no need to field a "cautious" line up on Saturday and we quite probably failed to win the game because of it. Furthermore we missed an opportunity to pursuade more people to buy a season ticket or attend regularly.

We have to start reversing that trend and being negative at home won't help.

Fans have to be convinced they'll be missing something if they don't turn up - certainly if they're going to pay £27 a ticket - and selecting two defensive spoilers isn't ever going to do that.

It's a way of not losing (demonstrably) but it won't get the tempo up, it won't get people excited.

Levein should be committed to attack and should be pumping up players like Elvis and Momo so high they'd take out machine gun posts single handed if they were asked. Smash three goals and then bring on spoiler Tiatto to growl at everyone - fine - but don't voluntarily do anything but attack the jugular to start with.

What's he more afraid of, losing points or losing fans?

Well sod the compromise that won us a meagre one point, lets win all the points we can and win back all the fans with our absolute self-belief and our determination to put it right up every team that steps out on our soil.

Zero goals in a home match against ordinary opposition is a cop out. And that is what too many fans have already done --- copped out.

PS: It would be interesting to hear why other fans have not renewed their season ticket or are no longer attending regularly.

We played passing football, but you can't just blame it on us for not scoring goals. The Ipswich defenders did well and closed the space down. We are certainly playing better football than last season, and that showed against Stoke, I know we had defensive problems but it's a new backline, and they will be solved. We ripped them apart going forward, and we also controlled the midfield against Ipswich. We were very unlucky in the penalty box, but sometimes that's just the way it is. You can't blame the players for the ball not bouncing where they are.

156501[/snapback]

last season was crap, a lot of people obviously decided they only went to watch top flight football or a promotion winning campaign. its about more than that to me, it's a day out and a chance to support the club i love, regardless of how crap they are!

I've been watching them for over 30 years. I can't even remember the first game I went too as I was so young. Mum & Dad were both season ticket holders.

So i've seen my fair share of crap home and away Bristol Rovers Away FA Cup 3rd round anyone?. Through the 70's to the bad days in the 80's where football supporters were a social plague and we were getting 12000 average I was there every game.

Maybe i'm going a bit Meldrew but the last few seasons, basically since we've been at the Walkers, somedays i'd rather not be there. Last season especially I was coming away from games really piffed off!. It was ruining my weekend and that's not my definition of a day out!

The clubs in my blood and at the minute it's tearing me apart but I won't pay that kind of money for whats on offer, promotion season or not.

I lived in Wales for a few years in the late 80's early 90's and I know if you can make the break you get over it. The year they nearly went into 3rd/2nd/1st division (whatever it is now!) and got the win against Oxford on the last day didn't mean anything to me, I have to say I didn't really care. It was only when I moved back that I realised what a big deal it had been.

Brian Little Plymouth Argyle at Home August 2001, its all your fault! but after a renewed 14 year old affair you've become too high maintenance for me and we're going for a trial seperation. I hope its not permanent because I love them and I always will.

Leicester til I die! :D

Archived