Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Big Crowd for Ipswich?

I know a couple of Town fans that have been put off by the ticekt prices, although to be fair to Leicester they have offered Gold card holders (around 4000 people that hold season tickets and get aditional benifits such as ticket priority) the tickets for the £22 discounted rate.

How many live events would you get into for £10?

What would you say is the average price for a pop concert?

Prices have not gone up, with membership it is a significant saving for grade A games which easily refunds the membership fee for attending a few games.

Also we believe there will be less grade A games than less season

155187[/snapback]

You don't go to 23 pop concerts in a year, and before you say if you're going to all 23 matches get a season ticket, some people can't guarantee in advance they will be able to get all the games, especially not when the TV and now the police change the dates on a regular basis.

But they're obviously happy to get 20000 supporters in. :mad:

I know a couple of Town fans that have been put off by the ticekt prices, although to be fair to Leicester they have offered Gold card holders (around 4000 people that hold season tickets and get aditional benifits such as ticket priority) the tickets for the £22 discounted rate.

155194[/snapback]

£22 is still too much in my opinion.

How long do pop concerts usually last for though?

155192[/snapback]

Main act - about the same time as a footy game if you are lucky.

Not talking about music festivals

And you can't include support bands, that's like including all the pre-match stuff within the timescales

Why is that relevant?

£27 for a casual supporter who maybe works saturdays, is a foxile, has never been before is outrageous and without question a rip off.

I say that as a long term season ticket holder with all the discounts. If my daughter or son, who both live outside Leicester come to visit no way are they going to be able to afford those silly prices.

155193[/snapback]

Bearing in mind that there are 24 home games, and someone who would perhaps want to go to a 1/3 of those, but can't afford a season ticket, would be paying almost that amount over a whole season.

well i decided as a student that it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket rather than go to individual games. Takes the piss - 21 and under gets discounted price but my degree finishes when im 22 - so i have to pay adult price which wont have come down in 4 years just so i can watch an average side (at the minute, and who i love watching) play 90minutes football.

The prices are stupid and need to be adressed as £213 for my season ticket (the guy who sold me it at the ticket office got it wrong on his side fock knows how i got it that cheap!) is still too much :(

Why is that relevant?

£27 for a casual supporter who maybe works saturdays, is a foxile, has never been before is outrageous and without question a rip off.

I say that as a long term season ticket holder with all the discounts. If my daughter or son, who both live outside Leicester come to visit no way are they going to be able to afford those silly prices.

155193[/snapback]

Pop promoters don't base pricing on all the factors you have stated either.

On the Saturday workers front, at one of the recent Fans Open Meetings a suggestion was put forward of a package which would be like a Part Season Ticket to contain just mid-week games only.

Overall fans will pay less this season if they plan to attend a few games & use the membership scheme.

At the end of the day, if the grade A prices were not used this season, the number of squad signings made would have fallen. There is no certainty that the crowd would have significantly increased to overall make it more profitable and therefore the club would have budgeted accordingly

You don't go to 23 pop concerts in a year, and before you say if you're going to all 23 matches get a season ticket, some people can't guarantee in advance they will be able to get all the games, especially not when the TV and now the police change the dates on a regular basis.

But they're obviously happy to get 20000 supporters in.  :mad:

155196[/snapback]

The ST purchase would still be more financially attractive even if several games were missed.

We worked out last season that if a ST fan had bought individual match tickets instead, the same money would have been spent by early Feb.

Put it another way ST's had matches for free for part of Feb & all of March & April

Pop promoters don't base pricing on all the factors you have stated either.

On the Saturday workers front, at one of the recent Fans Open Meetings a suggestion was put forward of a package which would be like a Part Season Ticket to contain just mid-week games only.

Overall fans will pay less this season if they plan to attend a few games & use the membership scheme.

At the end of the day, if the grade A prices were not used this season, the number of squad signings made would have fallen. There is no certainty that the crowd would have significantly increased to overall make it more profitable and therefore the club would have budgeted accordingly

155210[/snapback]

There's no certainty that it wouldn't have increased either, I know many people who arn't going because of the crazy match day ticket prices. A vital ingredient of the football experience is to do with the atmosphere.

The ST purchase would still be more financially attractive even if several games were missed.

We worked out last season that if a ST fan had bought individual match tickets instead, the same money would have been spent by early Feb.

Put it another way ST's had matches for free for part of Feb & all of March & April

155217[/snapback]

I suspect that's if you include all the discounts, it's becoming like the housing market you need a bloody mortgage to get on the season ticket ladder.

Why is that relevant?

155193[/snapback]

I always reckon on £60-65 per matchday as a foxile who travels to the match solo to 75% of the games I can make. Ticket prices don't help this, although I'm lumbered with the travel costs. I never get value for money, but I'm part of a captive market, so I'm damned if I do (go) and damned if I don't.

The cost of away tickets is always a joke, although with the advent of indentikit stadia, at least you tend to get a decent view at more and more grounds.

I found Foxes_Trust analogies a tad insulting too, to be honest. Going to the footie is one of the staples of normal everyday working class life, or at least it was until about 10 years ago.

To compare this weekly/fortnightly ritual with going to 23 Meatloaf concerts a season annoys me somewhat.

Football isn't entertainment. Football is football.

I think feedback the public gives should be taken very seriously.

The max I could afford to go to a game is £10 excluding membership. the casual fan is not going to want to buy membership and ideally especially for a first time experience will not want to pay premium prices. I think the club needs to return to reality and think they got a god given right to charge £30+ for a championship games.

I think feedback the public gives should be taken very seriously.

The max I could afford to go to a game is £10 excluding membership.  the casual fan is not going to want to buy membership and ideally especially for a first time experience will not want to pay premium prices.  I think the club needs to return to reality and think they got a god given right to charge £30+ for a championship games.

155276[/snapback]

Twenty thousand at £30 equals £600.000.

Thirty thousand at £10 equals £300,000.

Which would you charge if it were your business and which do we want if we're going to be successful?

There may be a happy medium somewhere cos the club can't be happy with 10-12,000 empty seats.

More attractive incentives maybe, four for three ticket sales.

Plus, perhaps, a cheap junior latecomer ticket which would encourage the fans of the future and hopefully fill those empty spaces.

The club could probably calculate how many latecomer seats (available from, say, 30 minutes before kick-off) will be on the market and make an announcement on the OS 24 hours before the match.

The four for three idea or something similar is especially worth exploring because it encourages people to drive in with a car full and the petrol costs will be (virtually) the same whether there's two in the car or four.

If enough car fulls take up the scheme then it also means more programe/food/merchandise sales so the knock-ons are considerable. And, of course, the fuller ground means a better atmosphere.

The above is just flying kites in the wind cos each idea would have to be properly evaluated for practical and economic feasibility (apologies if any of them already exist) but the vacant seats do need filling, that's for sure.

well its not 30000x £10 you take into account 15000 ST holders plus 2500 away allocation so we are talking approx 13000 available seats.

As it stands on a 20000 attendance 3000 matchday tickets get sold so 3000 x £30 is £90000 or if you sold 13000 at £10 then you make £130000 also their is another idea where you can just have a section of the ground available for £10 and charge more for a better stand.

Which would you charge if it were your business and which do we want if we're going to be successful?

If enough car fulls take up the scheme then it also means more programe/food/merchandise sales so the knock-ons are considerable. And, of course, the fuller ground means a better atmosphere.

155429[/snapback]

Lets just give them all our money, that way we could buy owen ;)

No seriously, we need atleast 25,000 in the ground spouting good audio.

Maybe a single ticket sale costs 20.00

2 for 17.50 each

3 for 15.00 each

4 for 12.50 each

5 or more for 10.00

Or the purchase of any game on the above basis.

Lets just give them all our money, that way we could buy owen ;)

No seriously, we need atleast 25,000 in the ground spouting good audio.

Maybe a single ticket sale costs 20.00

2 for 17.50 each

3 for 15.00 each

4 for 12.50 each

5 or more for 10.00

Or the purchase of any game on the above basis.

155519[/snapback]

you cant just drop ticket prices like that nimwit........ if you buy 2 season tickets do you get that cheaper?

1 for 360 (whatever)

2 for 300

3 for 250

4 for 200

5 for a quid..

dont work like that ...

The incentives are at the start of the season, would you accept less for working if helped by 2,3,4 people....dont think so sunshine!

Ipswich will bring 2500 - 3000, they have a good away following.

Sadly it is the 34 quid in the West Stand that'll mean we get 27000 max.  Our ticketing policy is a disgrace.

154852[/snapback]

Yeah, had a look too and cannot afford those prices :-(

you cant just drop ticket prices like that nimwit........ if you buy 2 season tickets do you get that cheaper?

1 for 360 (whatever)

2 for 300

3 for 250

4 for 200

5 for a quid..

dont work like that ...

The incentives are at the start of the season, would you accept less for working if helped by 2,3,4 people....dont think so sunshine!

155562[/snapback]

Sorry oh great one. YOU come up with a solution? No, thought not.

Would i accept less? Would players recieve less under my proposal, no, so whats your point?

Archived