Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Big Crowd for Ipswich?

Foxes Trust I thought you was supposed to be the fans voice in the boardroom, the fans are saying lower the prices so why are you arguing with it?

You havent commented on the point I made that lower ticket prices can mean more total revenue with higher sales.

Leics is going to have less children going with the current scheme and that means lower future attendances, some people cannot and will not join membership so stop trying to force them with these prices. I support the club buy buying the shirt and programs from local shop on match days but I cant afford nearly £40 to see a match and I cant afford £32 with the £5 discount. I would go for £15. or £10 if I had membership. Talk about payrolls? We talking a 3 game trial, I am sure the club wouldnt go broke if it didnt work out.

Because I haven't been able to buy my season ticket I had to pay for tuesday and yesterdays game which was 44 pound in total. That's a bloody lot of money for a 16 year old. The club are putting off fans with the ridiculous prices, I'll come to watch no matter how much they charge because are barking mad but a lot of people won't. I can guarantee if instead the prices were 5 pound less for each game and I only had to pay 34 then the attendance would increase by atleast 5,000.

the foxes trust say people would be better off getting memberships but some people just fancy a game the night before and would even consider being a member , i buy a st every year with the big plus being that u save money , the club need to realise that if we carry on at this rate we will have gates of 16000 soon , and belive me that is a BIG possibility . WAKE UP

As a season ticket holder, I would feel a bit narked to say the least if after forking out the money up front, casual supporters then got a better deal than me for turning up as and when they feel like it.

Has anyone looked at comparing cheapest home ticket prices elsewhere in the Championship with ours? Without seeing what other clubs are doing, I don't want to start criticising City for being too expensive if, as with season ticket prices, we are reasonably priced.

As a season ticket holder, I would feel a bit narked to say the least if after forking out the money up front, casual supporters then got a better deal than me for turning up as and when they feel like it.

Has anyone looked at comparing cheapest home ticket prices elsewhere in the Championship with ours?  Without seeing what other clubs are doing, I don't want to start criticising City for being too expensive if, as with season ticket prices, we are reasonably priced.

157145[/snapback]

I think that this happened last year to an extent.

The season ticket pricing for this time round however has been excellent, though I know exactly how you feel.

Has anyone looked at comparing cheapest home ticket prices elsewhere in the Championship with ours?  Without seeing what other clubs are doing, I don't want to start criticising City for being too expensive if, as with season ticket prices, we are reasonably priced.

157145[/snapback]

I've looked at Villa (Because I know someone who goes along frequently), and their prices are favourable compared to our's - And this is Premiership football. :o

August 27: Blackburn (ko 3pm)

Now on sale

Prices: £17-£31 (adults), £7-£15 (Under-16), £17-£24 (Young Adult), £9-£17 (Over-65)

Sept 17: Spurs (ko 5.15pm)

Now on sale

Prices: £17-£31 (adults), £7-£15 (Under-16), £17-£24 (Young Adult), £9-£17 (Over-65)

Although, look at Derby, they seem to be similar to us. :o

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Seati...,,10270,00.html

It would be interesting to see a comparison between every club in the Championship, although, it would take a lot of time and effort to do. :(

The difference is that we have to operate with a big hole in our budget. Premiership teams can afford to have lower ticket prices because of the amount of money that is thrown at them by the Premier League. The problem is the disparity between the Premiership and everyone below them.

How are we expected to compete with premier league clubs, or establish ourselves as a premier league club, if we are forced to operate on substantially less money. The problem is the gulf between leagues. If we could more eveny distribute the money it would create a better spectacle.

Lets not lose sight of the debts we as a club have. A lot of creditors are still owed a lot of money...ticket pricing reflects this

157145[/snapback]

LISA I AGREE I would feel a bit narked ALSO if after forking out the money up front, casual supporters then got a better deal than me for turning up as and when they feel like it.

Why should fair weather fans get more benefits?

Right pricing across the board is key

The difference is that we have to operate with a big hole in our budget.  Premiership teams can afford to have lower ticket prices because of the amount of money that is thrown at them by the Premier League.  The problem is the disparity between the Premiership and everyone below them.

How are we expected to compete with premier league clubs, or establish ourselves as a premier league club, if we are forced to operate on substantially less money.  The problem is the gulf between leagues.  If we could more eveny distribute the money it would create a better spectacle.

Lets not lose sight of the debts we as a club have.  A lot of creditors are still owed a lot of money...ticket pricing reflects this

157286[/snapback]

It's all relative though. I fully understand what you're saying, but it's all about striking the right balance. (Easier said that done of course) The obvious logic being - Lower prices = higher attendances = higher reveue from ticket and other sales (such as food, programmes etc)

£27 for a Championship game, regardless of the discount, is pushing the limit. Take in to account that 14,000 of the crowd are season ticket holders, 1,000-2,000 are usually away fans, and the rest are tickets purchased for a particular game (Based on current attendances), and I'm sure the potential is there to reach out to fans without season tickets to fill the ground on a more regular basis. The only way to do this is by reducing prices.

I wonder if the board were expecting crowds of 20,000-21,000? I don't think they were, so I'm sure that's not helping with the finances.

OK, I understand £27 is quite expensive per GRADE A game,

But the board should listen up to what people are saying, they could intoduce a buy one get one half price on match days

£27 + 13.50 = £20 each if divided and that is reasonable.

What happened to the fan fixtures? they were £5 and for gillingham it was rammed.

If they introduce 1 or 2 of these season ticket holders wouldnt be narked with that cos there saving else where.

Supply and demand. 10-12K extra would bring in 140K @ £5 for 2 games EXTRA!

A sensible approach is needed from the board not to upset the ST holders but not to price out the 14-22 yrd olds.

It's all relative though. I fully understand what you're saying, but it's all about striking the right balance. (Easier said that done of course) The obvious logic being - Lower prices = higher attendances = higher reveue from ticket and other sales (such as food, programmes etc)

157301[/snapback]

That only works to an extent. Ticket price v attendance would be curved, if shown as a chart, and it's a case of finding the right price to get the highest attendance that's the problem.

City, like a lot of clubs, have moved from one fixed price to different categories to exploit 'supply and demand'. In this division, Ipswich Town might have been a bigger draw than anticipated; if this was a fixture towards the end of the season, with both teams fighting for promotion, it would be a category A game for sure. I think this was the thinking when looking at pricing for this game.

As for the earlier suggestion that the Derby game should be a Fans Fixture, I don't think so! Normally the other team would reciprocate in a similiar fashion, and I can't see Derby losing out on 3,000 full price ticket sales! I could be wrong, but I'd guess that this is the reason why Fans Fixtures are so few and far between. I'm sure the FT will correct me if I'm wrong.

Well ST holders get extra benefits other then money savings, such as preserving their seat and been able to buy cup tickets first. So I dont think it would be the end of the world if that saving was reduced to a small amount. I also am not suggesting £5 or £10 for every single game of the season, but what I am suggesting is perhaps at least %33 of the grade A games and more games for fans fixtures.

im a season ticket holder which is paid for but i still would like to see prices reduced to get attendances higher, i think its piss poor how we have lost 10000 supporters over 2 seasons , but with current prices i can understand it

Archived