Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Big Crowd for Ipswich?

i dont know why the club doesnt put prices down. If they could fill it more people would buy beers etc. 5 people spending £30 each on tickets isnt better than than the 10 who would buy it if it were £20 surely

155726[/snapback]

So people can't afford match tickets........

....but they can afford a few beers which equals the same expenditure.

So you want the club to fund your drink habit right <_<

SO theres 1000 adult tickets on sale.

Scenario A

They cost £28 each, but that price puts off half the people (500) so the club gets £14000. They lose out on programme and kiosk sales and the atmosphere suffers.

Scenario B

The tickets cost £15 each everyone finds that reasonable and all the tickets are sold. Making £15000. So the club make an extra grand , they make more money from people buying programmes, drinks and food, and there is a better atmosphere.

So which senario would you all take, i would take B.

SO theres 1000 adult tickets on sale.

Scenario A

They cost £28 each, but that price puts off half the people (500) so the club gets £14000. They lose out on programme and kiosk sales and the atmosphere suffers.

Scenario B

The tickets cost £15 each everyone finds that reasonable and all the tickets are sold. Making £15000. So the club make an extra grand , they make more money from people buying programmes, drinks and food, and there is a better atmosphere.

So which senario would you all take, i would take B.

155882[/snapback]

First test for that theory will be when the first Fans Fixture is announced & played

If you consider ipswich brought 1000 more fans than stoke did, it means we never gained anymore fans from the performance against stoke. Loads of people round me said their friends would've come to the match, but once they found out it was £27 for the cheapest ticket, they said stuff that.

it rewards those who buy season tickets though

156210[/snapback]

By definition that means it punishes those that aren't season ticket holders, with 15000 season ticket holders that means 15000+ fans are being victimised because they aren't season ticket holders and I'm sure, indeed I know many have valid reasons for not buying one .

In addition there is absolutely no point in encouraging under eights with free entry when at 8 years + 1 day they have to pay £14. By the time their families can afford the adult price of £22/27 plus the £14, assuming 1 parent & child they'll be supporting Chelsea, Man U et al.

Surely it would better balanced if under 8's paid a few £Â£ and over eights paid less than £14 or how about £1 for every year.

The whole thing is madness and ill thought out, there doesn't appear to any sort of strategy attached to it, just a case of let's let the under eights in free - oh yea that's sounds like a good idea.

signed

the owner of 2 discounted season tickets.

If we could hold a few polls on here on what we think is reasonable ticket prices and try and get together a good argument to suggest to the club why we believe ticket prices should be lower then i'm sure TD would be willing to listen and give it ago.

The problem is most people here are season ticket holders so they probably won't be motivated to do this?

it rewards those who buy season tickets though

156210[/snapback]

yeah it does and being a st holder i shouldnt moan but i would like to see a few more in the ground

We have a problem if the club regards 21,000 as a big crowd. Ipswich took around 1,500 so thats less than 20,000 leicester fans, 15,000 of whcih are season ticket holders. That leaves around 4,500 who bought a ticket for just that game and will be dissapointed by the result.

I cant see there being more than 20,000 at the Luton Town game, and the club seriosuly needs to start putting bums on seats.

I think the under-8's go free in the BMI family stand was a bad move, firstly because it will put off some of the older fans that dont want to hear a load of high pitched kids, and secondly because they dont create any atmosphere, except the atmosphere of a nursery. Now im sure that if we get a few wins under our belt that more fans will attend the games, but we need the fans to be there to get behind the team.

I suggest the club drop the ticket price, just slightly, it'll be suprising the difference it makes. :);)

I think that wit averaging 21,000 attendances, as this is a Class A game (correct me if i am wrong), then we will rarely get a sell out. I think a temporary screen should be placed in a corner so that fans can watch highlights. Thuis could be paid for by sponsors wanting their name on the screen when theres a corner or a throw in,m like at Wolves?

I think that wit averaging 21,000 attendances, as this is a Class A game (correct me if i am wrong), then we will rarely get a sell out. I think a temporary screen should be placed in a corner so that fans can watch highlights. Thuis could be paid for by sponsors wanting their name on the screen when theres a corner or a throw in,m like at Wolves?

156291[/snapback]

Until we return to the Premership we will not get a sell out. If we average 24,000 for the season the club will be lucky. Having said that, in the two first games, the crowd has made a hell of a lot more noise than they didn last season. Well done people :thumbup::)

Archived