Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Players today- they just don't care

Well some of them don't.

In the Stoke progamme MDV and Joey were asked a number of miscellaneous questions, not all footy ones, one of which was where did we finish in the League last year

MDVs Answer was - Oh my gosh 15th (well done MDV)

Joey's Answer was - I should know this! It wasn't a season to remember. 13th?

No Joey it was worse than that, 15th you dickbrain and you were part of the reason!

Keep the Faith, Loyalty - huh my arse.

They are only in for money and more money. Very few players dont care about the club and are more focused on the amoung of money they can get for themselves and their agents! This is not for all players of course, but a lot of players in football today.

No Joey it was worse than that,  15th you dickbrain and you were part of the reason!

156006[/snapback]

Are we positive that Joey can count past 13?!?!

They are only in for money and more money. Very few players dont care about the club and are more focused on the amoung of money they can get for themselves and their agents! This is not for all players of course, but a lot of players in football today.

156010[/snapback]

So what are you saying. "There very few players dont care about the club, or, very few players care about the club?

So what are you saying. "There very few players dont care about the club, or,  very few players care about the club?

156028[/snapback]

Very few players dont care about the clubs and many are too concerned about their own careers. Especially with people just staying at clubs for a season. I think the Bosman ruling hasnt helped either!

Well some of them don't.

In the Stoke progamme MDV and Joey were asked a number of miscellaneous questions, not all footy ones, one of which was where did we finish in the League last year

MDVs Answer was - Oh my gosh 15th (well done MDV)

No Joey it was worse than that,  15th you dickbrain and you were part of the reason!

Keep the Faith, Loyalty - huh my arse.

156006[/snapback]

That is disgraceful on the part of Joey Gudjonsson - what a prat.

as a loyal LCFC fan and a big football lover as a whole, i dream of playing for LCFC over any team in the world, money is irrelevent. and i often think do the people who play for us now actually want us to do well because they love the club or do they just see it as "another job". what got me thinking this was when connolly got his hat trick and raised his arms infront of the kop he must be loving it right then 19,000 lcfc fans screaming there heads off and jumping around because of 1 person, how good does it REALLY make them feel...if at all? do footballers support other teams? and if they come up against there beloved side do they only give 50% so his favourite team can win? its a strange question and one we will never know. in an ideal world everyone will support LCFC but it won't happen.

That is disgraceful on the part of Joey Gudjonsson - what a prat.

156043[/snapback]

He's not a prat. So what if its 13 or 15 !! Big deal, he's doing the right thing and forgetting that disaster and getting on where it matters, this season. So good on him.And plus he is now playing better. So get with this season and get over your pickiness.

I had to double check myself when i posted it for another forum. It was hardly a season to remember and those positions are generally meaningless in the context of a season.

I'll have a go at players if they're not performing or giving 100% but i'm not insulting Joey about something like that. He should know, but it's pretty trivial at the end of the day.

I had to double check myself when i posted it for another forum. It was hardly a season to remember and those positions are generally meaningless in the context of a season.

I'll have a go at players if they're not performing or giving 100% but i'm not insulting Joey about something like that. He should know, but it's pretty trivial at the end of the day.

156216[/snapback]

agreed

Joey sure seems to care enough on the pitch. Good game or bad game, he puts himself about. If he's not very good at quizes, so what. Lots of people on this forum are not too good at spelling or punctuation but that's no reason to criticise em. They might be brilliant mechanics, drivers, teachers, students whatever. Each to his own and I'd sooner Joey got his football right than his quiz questions.

Joey sure seems to care enough on the pitch. Good game or bad game, he puts himself about. If he's not very good at quizes, so what. Lots of people on this forum are not too good at spelling or punctuation but that's no reason to criticise em. They might be brilliant mechanics, drivers, teachers, students whatever. Each to his own and I'd sooner Joey got his football right than his quiz questions.

156398[/snapback]

Depends on the question, as a professional footballer at LCFC paid to make a contribution to the success or failure of the club I would expect him to know how well we are doing the same as I am with my employers. Where we finished last year is the most significant fact measuring our success as a club and a business, nothing to do with quizzes, nothing to do with moving on; a plain and simple fact, a measure of success I would expect every single employee of Leicester City Football Club to know that and to have one aim for this year and that would be at the VERY least to improve on that position. Not too difficult I would have thought!

Depends on the question, as a professional footballer at LCFC paid to make a contribution to the success or failure of the club I would expect him to know how well we are doing the same as I am with my employers. Where we finished last year is the most significant fact measuring our success as a club and a business, nothing to do with quizzes, nothing to do with moving on; a plain and simple fact, a measure of success I would expect every single employee of Leicester City Football Club to know that and to have one aim for this year and that would be at the VERY least to improve on that position. Not too difficult I would have thought!

156400[/snapback]

Its interesting to see you yourself say '...how well we are DOING...'. Its not how we have done specifically in last season.An idiot knows it was a FAILURE. Its what he is doing now to remedy things that is impressive. And that is a new found commitment for whatever reason to LCFCs success. So good on the man. he gets my nod of approval.

Joey's obviously moved on from last season. And so should we!

We should be looking at the top 10 at least this year. And if Joey can help us get theree, then all well and good!

Or maybe he was joking. Icelandic humour :rolleyes:;) It's hardly something to get worked up over is it?

I was more shocked with the one in today's program, Paddy knowing how many sides a dodecahedron has :o

156425[/snapback]

Sounds like an unusual question, that.

What program?

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again. To a professional footballer, it is just a job. We are fans, and we would willingly play for the club for free. You can't expect us both to feel the same way about the club.

If you asked me what profit the company I work for made last year, I think Id struggle to guesstimate what it was, so that would make me an unloyal employee? ;)

156216[/snapback]

I agree completely. We finished 15th. Just because he said 13th doesn't mean he doesn't care. He forgot! So what?! Very harsh to say he doesn't care.

who cares if he can't remember? Jeez... he knows it was a crap season. I can't remember how much I earned last year... if someone asked me what the yearly turnover was for our company I wouldn't have a clue. At the end of the day most players will be in it for the sake of their career, aslong as we are getting value for the wages we are paying him that's what matters.. besides, if he cares about his career he will play well and earn medals etc with the club, or get noticed by a bigger clubs etc as a result of being in good consistant form with us..

This always makes me laugh when people go off on one about perceived player loyalty and if they care or not.

It is a job, a very good job and like you and I they will go to work one day and can't be arsed. We all do it the only difference is we don't have 1000's of folk scrutinising our every move and then commenting about it on radio or message boards.

There are some players solely in the game for money, Jordan Stewart and Rio Ferdinand immediately spring to mind, the show no loyalty to teams or fans but the vast majority care, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Archived