Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Homophobic **** in SK4.

The word is homosexual, To be gay is to be happy. Why are people scared to call it by it's proper name?

I never could quite work out the need to substitute the correct linguistic terminology.

Language evolves; unfortunately, some people don't.

Maybe you could explain what's funny?

Maybe you could explain what offends you so much?

'Does your boyfriend know your here' is funny, fans sing it up and down the country every week.. My brother is gay, and sings it too, he finds it hilarious

'Does your boyfriend know your here' is funny, fans sing it up and down the country every week.. My brother is gay, and sings it too, he finds it hilarious

I think you've completely misunderstood my post; I wasn't making any reference to those chants - I also find them funny.

I was answering the assertion that 'gay' means 'happy'.

your brother burgles turds?!

haha yeah! i do sometimes wonder you know, and i know that people outside of Brighton think its just a gay town, but its like so much more, so cosmopolitan its unreal, anything goes, its fun fun fun, whatever your preferences. you can wander from your flat down the seafront, parties all over the beach for whatever sexual orientation you may be, it really is an open an honest town, i just find it a shame that people from outside the area have to be so judgementive when if they lived here they would probably never want to leave lol

True - I've been there once. Was there last April when the EDL were in town (the forum I mod on had just moved into it's new offices in international house and held an office christening). Was a great place - although I strongly recommend against the accommodation I stayed in - some youth hostel (something like SuBo). Was like something out of pyongyang - toilet water should not be brown before the toilet is even used.

When one of their players was rolling around on the floor for no apparent reason, I was about to shout "Get up you pansy" and then thought oh shit better not lol Gotta be careful what you say and all :P

lol A pansy is a flower...Is it supposed to be gay-related?

lol A pansy is a flower...Is it supposed to be gay-related?

A pansy used in that manner would relate to a man being effeminate and has nothing to do with being gay unless you personally believe all gay men are effeminate pansy's and believe that's a bad thing.

I am very pro equality and hate homophobic views but I do believe people should be asked what their intent is and what their  understanding of the comments they believe to be just funny they are making. Clearly there is a difference in someone making a comment innocently believing it's banter and someone intending to cause distress or offend a group of people. I find once the reasoning behind why the comments can lead to worse things or why they are perceived as homophobic is explained then only the true untolerant people still continue to use them.

A pansy used in that manner would relate to a man being effeminate and has nothing to do with being gay unless you personally believe all gay men are effeminate pansy's and believe that's a bad thing.

I am very pro equality and hate homophobic views but I do believe people should be asked what their intent is and what their  understanding of the comments they believe to be just funny they are making. Clearly there is a difference in someone making a comment innocently believing it's banter and someone intending to cause distress or offend a group of people. I find once the reasoning behind why the comments can lead to worse things or why they are perceived as homophobic is explained then only the true untolerant people still continue to use them.

Then you get accused of being sexist rather than homophobic. Cant win lol

It's a bit archaic, but it is a derogatory term for a homosexual.

I don't get how something like that becomes homophobic as such. It's just insulting masculinity, darn gays, taking all our insults!

I do believe people should be asked what their intent is and what their understanding of the comments they believe to be just funny they are making.

You'rejust a town full of pakis

Town full of paaaakis

You're just a town full of paakis

We're using paki to describe in general

Paki to describe in geeeeeeneral

Those from the indian subcoooontinent

Because according to the census

According to the ceeeeensus

They are highly represented

Because they're highly represented

Highly represeeeeeented

We think it's a factually correct chant

We hope you find it really funny

Find it really fuuuuunny

Because that's the spirit in which it was inteeeended

Some words are always racist and they are so well known that there can be no other intention but to offend or use them in a way that they think is clever.

Well done mousy you have found one of them and the intent you show is clear.

Archived