Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
crisp monster

for those that didn't make it

Great thread, much respect to everyone who has the heart to remember family and friends who no longer are with us.

My Grandads last game at filbert Street was when a certain Stan Collymore arrived on the scene with a stunning hat trick against Sunderland. City 5 - 2 Sunderland

He supported City since the early 30's!

Last September I lost my great mate and fellow season ticket holder Neil Palmer due to a stroke aged 39.

For me, this night and season is for Neil and all the other City fans, of all ages that never quite made it to this point.

It's been a great season and it's time to celebrate but I know the Donny game will be very emotional for me and quite a few others.

I hope the're all having a pint ( and a fag in Neil's case) in some bar in heaven.

God bless them all

Leicester till we die

:appl:

:beer:

:cheers:

My brother.

Died a few years back.

He was a massive City fan, took me to my first game in 1969 when I was 8 (he was 12).

Dad would drop us off by the canal (we lived in Glenfield) and my brother would take me to the games.

Then, when he learnt to drive he would be the one to drive me and his mates to away games.

For the famous promotion at Orient he hired a transit van and filled it with our mates

Against West Ham once, way back in the 70's a copper grabbed me for swearing and my brother lumped him one and just said "leave my brother alone" (The amazing thing is the copper did let go of me!! don't know if it was out of shock).

He loved the play-off years and again often provided the transport to Wembley.

A great Brother and a massive City fan. He would've loved to have been at Bolton with me and our other brother Tuesday night.

I think singing Leicester till I die is quite wrong, we all know that it's an affinity that runs on longer and deeper than that and our football club is what brings us all together, we all have our differences and disagreements but what we do have together is Leicester City Football club and the passion shown from everybody towards each other is fantastic and truly heartwarming.

My cousin's husband and great mate Dave B would love it now. Only wanted to see City back in the big time. Always made me laugh cos he never saw the start of a game. Only left the Holiday Inn when he heard the Post Horn Gallop.

RIP Dave

My Grandpa, who though funnily enough was born in Doncaster was a bit of an armchair fan in terms of City and we'd spend a good few hours talking about us and usually how naff we were lol

It would've been his birthday on Sunday too (also the same day as Forest away last season come to think of it)

RIP Grandpa

Great memories and it confirms why I've always had much more respect for people following their local / family team rather than any glory hunters. Actually reading some of these has made me quite emotional, especially Weller's above.

I didn't grow up in Leicester but my family were from there and the football club has always tied me to my roots. We used to pop over to my Grandparents house in Quorn before a game on a Saturday. Grandad was a big fan and would regale me with stories of 'Channy' and Sep Smith and how he would see the players in the pub before the game and how they'd have to dash off for a wee mid-game! (I never quite believed him on that). My Grandma seriously didn't have a clue about football and my abiding memory of her was when we were listening to Arsenal vs City and she stood up and shouted 'David Platt!' with glee.. until we told her he had just scored for the other side. lol

My sister just moved back to Leicestershire so I have a family tie to the place again. My beautiful niece was born in the middle of the Wigan 2-0 game this season so she has been my lucky omen :)

Love the city, the club and the fans.

Reading this thread really brings home why football is far more than just a game.

I have some great memories of being at the football with my dad and brother. I can't wait to share the Doncaster game with them... reading this thread has made me realise how lucky I am to have them there with me. I will not take it for granted.

R.I.P to Neil and all the other City supporters no longer with us.

When we got promoted and when we clinched the title my first thoughts were of my Grandad. Huge City fan who we sadly lost to cancer last June, even after we were beaten at Watford he told me we'd be back, and he was right.

Rest tight old boy and all the others who we've lost on the way.

And they say it's only a game....

Yeh echo all the previous posts

To my old man, who  passed away July 2012. Even when Parkinsons and dementia had nailed him  and he was in a home, he still had the radio in his room tuned in on match days, and despite appearing to not know what day it was. He dam sure knew Leicester's latest match results and the players

RIP Dad the boys did it for us all

Thanks for getting me hooked on the foxes as a kid in the 60s and 70s, when it  would have been so easy to support Liverpool or Man U

Totally amazing response people and I'm so glad I put my little message for Neil.

It just shows how much LCFC means to us and how the people that introduced us to them when we were young are so badly missed as we're left to carry on.

Some brilliant posts and great to see the history of how many of us became so hooked for so many different reasons.

Enjoy the build up to the Donny game - we've all waited a long time :-)

LTWD

Archived