Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Who would you want alongside Connolly?

Who would you choose to partner Connolly upfront out of any strikers that have played for Leicester in the past 10 years?

The only drawback is that the player is only as good as they were when they played for us. So for example Dublin and Ferdinand would certainly not be as good as they were as they came to us at the end of our careers.

Only one man for me - Stan Collymore.

The thought of Collymore and Connolly in this league would be frightening.

Who would you choose to partner Connolly upfront out of any strikers that have played for Leicester in the past 10 years?

The only drawback is that the player is only as good as they were when they played for us. So for example Dublin and Ferdinand would certainly not be as good as they were as they came to us at the end of our careers.

Only one man for me - Stan Collymore.

The thought of Collymore and Connolly in this league would be frightening.

157818[/snapback]

good choice! :thumbup:

just think how many goals they could get between them... the idea is quite frightening ... in a good way :P

Heskey.

Just feel I'd have more guarantees (and a good defender if I needed helping out with Heskey than with Collymore. But oh, what a singular waste of such wonderful talent. I watched that hat-trick against Sunderland and really thought he might have slain his demons. Pity God ever gave him a cock and for that matter such a troubled mind. What a player he would have been had he been able to stay focused.

Heskey.

Just feel I'd have more guarantees (and a good defender if I needed helping out with Heskey than with Collymore. But oh, what a singular waste of such wonderful talent. I watched that hat-trick against Sunderland and really thought he might have slain his demons. Pity God ever gave him a cock and for that matter such a troubled mind. What a player he would have been had he been able to stay focused.

157829[/snapback]

Very valid points. Heskey is the sensible choice and also he's a strikers partners dream to play alongside as he's so unselfish, but for natural talent and lethalness Collymore beats them all hands down. Infact there isn't an English striker like him past or present, it's just a crying shame how his career panned out.

Legend in my eyes, his hat-trick is in my top 3 sporting moments and I thought we'd hit the jackpot. Cheers Taylor, you tnuc.

Very valid points. Heskey is the sensible choice and also he's a strikers partners dream to play alongside as he's so unselfish, but for natural talent and lethalness Collymore beats them all hands down. Infact there isn't an English striker like him past or present, it's just a crying shame how his career panned out.

Legend in my eyes, his hat-trick is in my top 3 sporting moments and I thought we'd hit the jackpot. Cheers Taylor, you tnuc.

157856[/snapback]

Frank Worthington was perhaps nearest in Leicester colours, but while he was probably further back in the wholesome image stakes than Gary Lineker, Frank regularly did the business when he crossed that white line.

I know we're going back beyond the time parameters but those two would have made an interesting and absolutely terrifying strike partnership, There certainly wouldn't have been any empty seats, even at £34 a shout.

I remember one goal in particular, curiously against Sunderland which might have got embellished in my mind over time.

But as I recall, Frank, tightly marked by England centre-half George Hurley, caught the ball direct from the goal-kick, flicked it over Hurley's head, quickly twistled and as the ball came down on the opposite side of Hurley, volleyed it into the net from about 35 yards.

Master marksman, master craftsman.

Heskey!

Would have worked well i think. He can knock the ball on well and seems to link with other players really well.

Collymore would also have been good with Connolly but what about all 3 up front! Even our own defence would be running away from that!

Very difficult to choose between Collymore and Heskey, but i think i'll go for Stan the man.

I reckon both would be superb, but Stan would score hatfuls in this league and is a fine link up player to boot.

I'd just like to see Heskey and Collymore play together one more time... :(

158429[/snapback]

ah yes the happiest league game of my Leicester life... we were simply awesome... 5 goals... 5! yes count em! 1,2,3,4......5!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Archived