Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Leicester City B?

Well we don't know, how easy is it to get out of reserve league if you're contracted to a top Pl club and they wont loan you out, you're at the mercy of the club and probably on a much bigger wage which is not as easy as some may think to just give up.

How many more James and Drinkwater type players who've not been fortunate to be given the chance to play full time in a Championship side, I don't know but they aren't going to just appear because there's of some contrived B league playing against 3rd and 4th tier teams.

Well OK but it was a rhetorical question. :)

What I really mean is that it's not possible that there potential Ashley Coles and Wayne Rooneys and Jack Wilsheres out there who simply didn't make it because they couldn't get out of their team's reserve sides.

Can anyone actually say:  â€œI could have helped England win the World Cup, if only I could have been given some help to get out of my own reserve team.â€

I just don't buy it. it's like me saying I could have played for Leicester City if I'd been given some help to get out of my Sunday League pub team.

Winners rise to the top... They don't need positive discrimination to help them get there.

The reason our league structure is the best in the world is because we don't have this b team rubbish.

totally agree - this is another ploy by the top premier clubs to make more money using muppet Dyke as their go between - didn't we used to have reserve teams playing in the football combination and central league but were scrapped - the premier lge was formed by the greedy and now they want another team in the lge - well I've got a message for the bosses of Man Utd Man City Chelsea Liverpool etc - you don't want to play in the FA Cup or the Lge Cup - all you're bothered about is the champions Lge so do us all a favour and piss off to your euro lge - how did we ever win the World Cup in '66 ?

Well OK but it was a rhetorical question. :)

What I really mean is that it's not possible that there potential Ashley Coles and Wayne Rooneys and Jack Wilsheres out there who simply didn't make it because they couldn't get out of their team's reserve sides.

Can anyone actually say:  â€œI could have helped England win the World Cup, if only I could have been given some help to get out of my own reserve team.”

I just don't buy it. it's like me saying I could have played for Leicester City if I'd been given some help to get out of my Sunday League pub team.

Winners rise to the top... They don't need positive discrimination to help them get there.

So how will having a B league make any difference?

It's better coaching and scouting for the correct type of player that's needed, this can only be achieved by having better coaching at all levels of football not just concentrated into a few elite clubs. The FA would do better in ploughing money into coaching schools across the country and helping the smaller clubs pay for decent coaches.

Possibly. But if any young player allows their talent to go to waste because they couldn't be bothered to get out of a reserve league, then it's very questionable if that player would have the determination and drive to go on and win a WC with England.

Look at Matty James. Turns down a contract at Man United to get first team football here.

Is it really possible that there potential Ashley Coles and Wayne Rooneys and Jack Wilsheres out there who simply didn't make it because they couldn't get out of their team's reserve sides?

Whereas in a premier league with limited foreign imports he would have spent the last 2 years playing in the top league alongside and against the best players in England, and the best players from Europe, instead of the swathes of mediocre foreign imports that play in the prem, I mean look at Newcastle and all of their French players, surely there are better English players out there than, but French players are cheaper, so they get bought instead.

Do you not see if they were forced to buy more English talent then players like Trippier, Ings, Creswell, McCormack, could have been established premiership players now, training at the best facilities and playing against the best in England, and being tested in bigger games, at the moment we have no idea if the likes of Trippier and Cresswell can make the step up to the prem, and England, it seems ridiculous saying it now as they play in the championship, they are untested at the highest level, so nobody would even consider them for the England team ahead of an underperforming Man United player for example. 

So how will having a B league make any difference?

It's better coaching and scouting for the correct type of player that's needed, this can only be achieved by having better coaching at all levels of football not just concentrated into a few elite clubs. The FA would do better in ploughing money into coaching schools across the country and helping the smaller clubs pay for decent coaches.

No I think we're agreeing! A B league wouldn't make a bit of difference, but would massively de-value leagues one and two.

Just think if this had been around in our league one season, which trip would you have enjoyed more, hartlepool away in a small but packed ground or Old trafford in front of say 5000, who were more interested in Man Utd A team, how demeaning would that feel as a city fan?

Horrible idea, and although it makes some sense for thé premier league, the FA have shown themselves to be totally out of touch with the vast majorjty of football fans ... Surprise surprise!

Whereas in a premier league with limited foreign imports he would have spent the last 2 years playing in the top league alongside and against the best players in England, and the best players from Europe, instead of the swathes of mediocre foreign imports that play in the prem, I mean look at Newcastle and all of their French players, surely there are better English players out there than, but French players are cheaper, so they get bought instead.

Do you not see if they were forced to buy more English talent then players like Trippier, Ings, Creswell, McCormack, could have been established premiership players now, training at the best facilities and playing against the best in England, and being tested in bigger games, at the moment we have no idea if the likes of Trippier and Cresswell can make the step up to the prem, and England, it seems ridiculous saying it now as they play in the championship, they are untested at the highest level, so nobody would even consider them for the England team ahead of an underperforming Man United player for example. 

They might be cheaper but they are not mediocre… If that were the case then surely Matty James would already be in the Premier League ahead of Yohan Cabaye?

Players like Trippier, Ings, Creswell, McCormack need to make it into the Premiership under their own steam, rather than through a positive discrimination policy.

A league of more average English players isn't going to win the World Cup for England.

However, Jack Wishere and Jack Rodwell might just do. And they’re going to be better international players because they get to play from an early age against Yohan Cabaye, Yaya Toure and Mesut Ozil instead of playing against Matty James and Aaron Creswell.

Archived