Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Leicester City B?

Even reading this thread, the idea has stirred up diverse opinions, and shows how difficult it is for people on these commitees to get it right.500 thousand fans, 500 thousand opinions.

Holland, Germany, Spain have been at the forefront of International and Club success over recent years, Holland less.

Its not the B team system thats made them successfull.It is something far simple than that.

Their coaching system, on the ball skills has a team and individuals are superior to the British.Proving we aint teaching and coaching at expected standards.We tend to suppress and not encourage arrogance and individual flair, when it surfaces, in our British youth.

Skill is not a latin or north and south thing, Germany/Holland our blood brothers prove that.

Gazza, Rooney, Worthington, Weller,Bowles, Marsh, Walcott, Sturridge, Stirling, Townsend, Lampard/Gerrard, yes even Crouch, we have never produced team skills supporting our flair players, our defenders cant play themselves from the back.G.Johnson passes more backwards, more than he goes forward.

Wiltshire, Barclay, Luana,.....at present take players on.

Our style of kids and advanced coaching has to improve dramatically.

Ask this simple question.....We have British management and workers all over the world speaking local languages, and harmomising with the local citizens.We have successfull foreign coaches in the Championship, and P.League.

WHY ISNT THERE ANY SUCCESSFULL BRITISH COACHES, working or trying to build a career overseas, Hodgson, Venables

come to mind. 2-3 successes in over 30years.

There are 12-15 overseas at present, but they are not ripping up trees.

Thats is the proof for me, our coaching knowledge or teaching is 2-4th tier.

Until that changes you can try any system you like.

20 of the 25 man squad have to home grown

For now until those rules are challenged in the EU by an owner wanting to import his team.

If they can do this and want to help make at least 50% of all match day squads home grown.

IMO you can't put national success such as Spain's totally down to the fact they've got B teams

I don't think it has any influence at all

This is all due to the 'big' PL clubs scooping up and turning the heads of young players with potential when they should have stayed with their hometown  FL clubs developing not only their skills but their teamwork etc.

The new Academy system makes this worse and helps to justify the B league idea in order to give these PL youths competitive game time that they are no longer getting at their original hometown club.

I like the idea of B-Team full of people who were actually born in the agreed geographical area. i.e Leicester 'B' is only for players born in Leicester. If each team dis that up and down the land it would help the game and encourage local interest.

I don't agree with B Leagues in English football and do not want a Leicester B. B teams may work in Spain but, they won't work in England.

We already have one - it masquerades under the name of 'Bolton Wanderers' !

England has so many football teams unlike Germany and Spain - I think it would be a bad idea.

Not enough English players in the Prem is hurting our National team but this option isn't going to change that. The idea of a ban on Foreigners is also stupid since it only talks of the championship NOT the prem.

Limit the number of foreign players in the Prem is the only way but of course that isn't legal.

England has so many football teams unlike Germany and Spain - I think it would be a bad idea.

Not enough English players in the Prem is hurting our National team but this option isn't going to change that. The idea of a ban on Foreigners is also stupid since it only talks of the championship NOT the prem.

Limit the number of foreign players in the Prem is the only way but of course that isn't legal.

But it is legal to enforce the home grown talent part of the squad structure, just increase it gradually so that half the squad is homegrown, the problem is that recruiting foreigners starts at a very early age, so alot of foreigners are coming through the ranks and are classed as home grown.

This is another problem with B team idea, it will still be full of foreign kids, just ones that have taken an English kids place at an academy, the home grown thing could also be detrimental to the English kid, I'm still not sure how it will work, but if you have to chose between selecting a foreign kid that doesn't qualify for the B team and an English kid that does for the first team, you will pick the foreign kid because the English kid can continue his development with the B team, the foreigner can't.

I do wonder how it would affect football if we left the EU and thus could impose actual restrictions on foreigners again.

Really the B team idea will have no impact on our success at the national level, the only thing that will is improving coaching at the earliest levels, if anything take kids out of competitive leagues get them to develop not only the football skills but also the discipline in diet, health and training regimes that you need to be the best.

This is just a gimmick to keep someone people's names in the papers and be seen to be doing something. You want to do something revolutionary to make an immediate impact? Make the League Cup an English players only competition.

This is all due to the 'big' PL clubs scooping up and turning the heads of young players with potential when they should have stayed with their hometown FL clubs developing not only their skills but their teamwork etc.

The new Academy system makes this worse and helps to justify the B league idea in order to give these PL youths competitive game time that they are no longer getting at their original hometown club.

Absolutely right. It's the new wealth of the Premier League that created the problem, and this "solution" is just pandering to the needs of the rich teams.

They've ruined the England team, now they're going to bring down the lower leagues too.

How will limiting the number of foreigners in the Premier League help the England team? The whole argument is counter-intuiative.

True if we booted all the foreigners out of England, then players like Scott Sinclair would get more game time. Players like David Nugent and Bobby Zamora would probably have been able to spend their whole careers in the premiership. But are Sinclair, Nugent and Zamora the missing pieces from our WC success?? Of course not.

The idea that there are potential World class English players unable to get a game in the Premiership because of foreign players is nonsensical. If you’re good enough, you’ll get a game. If you can’t get a game because of foreign imports - how are you going to manage to help England beat those same foreign players at the World Cup?

It. Makes. NO. Sense!

Playing against top foreign players every week will improve our best English players.

The problem lies elsewhere. This measure will probably make England worse rather than better. Let's be honest, we're no better now than we were in the 1970s when there were very few foreigners in the League. We didn't even qualify for the 74 and 78 WCs with a league full of British players!!

How shit would it be if you're a league 2 fan, clubs full of history and loyal fanbases, then all of a sudden you're being whipped by a bunch of Chelsea under 21s on massive wages.

...but would a league 2 team get whipped by a Chelsea under 21 team? I'm not so sure and that's the purpose of the proposal, isn't it? Giving young English players the chance to play in competitive games, so they get better and have more chances to improve. Also it will generate more interest in the lower leagues, thus generating money for them. I'm not saying they will have an extra 10,000 fans turn up, but they would certainly have more support even if it's from away fans. The more I think about it the more I like it. Something needs to be done, because the England talent pool is getting smaller and smaller!

How will limiting the number of foreigners in the Premier League help the England team? The whole argument is counter-intuiative.

True if we booted all the foreigners out of England, then players like Scott Sinclair would get more game time. Players like David Nugent and Bobby Zamora would probably have been able to spend their whole careers in the premiership. But are Sinclair, Nugent and Zamora the missing pieces from our WC success?? Of course not.

The idea that there are potential World class English players unable to get a game in the Premiership because of foreign players is nonsensical. If you’re good enough, you’ll get a game. If you can’t get a game because of foreign imports - how are you going to manage to help England beat those same foreign players at the World Cup?

It. Makes. NO. Sense!

Playing against top foreign players every week will improve our best English players.

The problem lies elsewhere. This measure will probably make England worse rather than better. Let's be honest, we're no better now than we were in the 1970s when there were very few foreigners in the League. We didn't even qualify for the 74 and 78 WCs with a league full of British players!!

What we don't know is if more younger players were allowed to develop in their home town teams rather than languishing in PL 2nd teams wondering how to spend all their money whether more would have developed into better players. 

Setting up B teams to allow this to happen is just trying to put a wrong a right but in a way that just reinforces the power of PL clubs at the expense of the FL.

Even the current system of allowing them to be loaned to Championship clubs is surely better than them playing against 3rd/4th tier level teams.

The whole set is one massive balls up.

...but would a league 2 team get whipped by a Chelsea under 21 team? I'm not so sure and that's the purpose of the proposal, isn't it? Giving young English players the chance to play in competitive games, so they get better and have more changes to improve. Also it will generate more interest in the lower leagues, thus generating money for them. I'm not saying they will have an extra 10,000 fans turn up, but they would certainly have more support even if it's from away fans. The more I think about it the more I like it. Something needs to be done, because the England talent pool is getting smaller and smaller!

They could play these competitive games if they hadn't been syphoned away from their lower league clubs with the promise of £££££s and as people have pointed out who'd be that interested in seeing most of the PL B teams playing their local club when the B teams will not be eligible for promotion. A team finishing 6,7.8 or even lower could be promoted.

Leaving players at their home town club until they've developed sufficiently to play at a higher level with the FA sponsoring top notch coaches at all levels of the FL would be much more likely to produce better players without totally messing up the FL structure

What we don't know is if more younger players were allowed to develop in their home town teams rather than languishing in PL 2nd teams wondering how to spend all their money whether more would have developed into better players. 

Setting up B teams to allow this to happen is just trying to put a wrong a right but in a way that just reinforces the power of PL clubs at the expense of the FL.

Even the current system of allowing them to be loaned to Championship clubs is surely better than them playing against 3rd/4th tier level teams.

The whole set is one massive balls up.

Possibly. But if any young player allows their talent to go to waste because they couldn't be bothered to get out of a reserve league, then it's very questionable if that player would have the determination and drive to go on and win a WC with England.

Look at Matty James. Turns down a contract at Man United to get first team football here.

Is it really possible that there potential Ashley Coles and Wayne Rooneys and Jack Wilsheres out there who simply didn't make it because they couldn't get out of their team's reserve sides?

Possibly. But if any young player allows their talent to go to waste because they couldn't be bothered to get out of a reserve league, then it's very questionable if that player would have the determination and drive to go on and win a WC with England.

Look at Matty James. Turns down a contract at Man United to get first team football here.

Is it really possible that there potential Ashley Coles and Wayne Rooneys and Jack Wilsheres out there who simply didn't make it because they couldn't get out of their team's reserve sides?

Well we don't know, how easy is it to get out of reserve league if you're contracted to a top Pl club and they wont loan you out, you're at the mercy of the club and probably on a much bigger wage which is not as easy as some may think to just give up.

How many more James and Drinkwater type players who've not been fortunate to be given the chance to play full time in a Championship side, I don't know but they aren't going to just appear because there's of some contrived B league playing against 3rd and 4th tier teams.

They could play these competitive games if they hadn't been syphoned away from their lower league clubs with the promise of £££££s and as people have pointed out who'd be that interested in seeing most of the PL B teams playing their local club when the B teams will not be eligible for promotion. A team finishing 6,7.8 or even lower could be promoted.

Leaving players at their home town club until they've developed sufficiently to play at a higher level with the FA sponsoring top notch coaches at all levels of the FL would be much more likely to produce better players without totally messing up the FL structure

I agree, keeping young players at their hometown club would be the best thing for everyone, but that isn't happening. The good thing is they have at least noticed there's a problem and they are coming up with ideas.

Archived