Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Langley

Leicester City B?

farce.

man city b team in same league as clubs like hartlepool or wycombe...clubs with history.

how many fans will watch man city b team v crewe???

Disgrace

clutching at straws

The B team idea pathetic. It's insulting to all lower league clubs and it's ultimately the fans of those clubs who would be screwed over by it. I've never wanted to see it implemented in this country and I'm not going to change my mind now just because we've been promoted to the Premier League and could have a change of getting one of those teams.

It may work in other countries but the lower leagues of this country have a stronger support than the lower leagues in other countries. Plus we'll just see the best players from the proper football league clubs being purchased by teams like Chelsea who can afford it which will probably see their B-Team improve and ruin the quality of the rest of the league. It's completely unfair. They should focus more on getting more English players playing at the top level, even if that means putting further restrictions on the number of foreign players, rather than ruining 125 years of history in the football league.

When will the Leicester City B season tickets go on sale?

And can you do Direct Debit over the phone?

Surely it's better for us as a club to have the likes of Smith, Cain and Bythe playing week in and week out rather than this under 21's premier league?

Do you think the quality would be any better? Playing young kids against harden professionals from the Conference is hardly going to make us suddenly start producing better players. Might even be the reverse. There hasn't even been time to see if the Under 21 League produces results yet.

Germany's clubs are pretty much scrapping them. With only Bayern, BVB and Stuttgart known to be keeping them. In Spain only Real and Barca can put out competitive teams.

The greatest thing about English football is the pyramid and now certain folk seem intent on destroying it.

The difference between us and the rest of the World? Coaching. We don't have enough top coaches but that would mean the FA having to invest time and money for a long term goal.

Do you think the quality would be any better? Playing young kids against harden professionals from the Conference is hardly going to make us suddenly start producing better players. Might even be the reverse.

Germany's clubs are pretty much scrapping them. With only Bayern, BVB and Stuttgart known to be keeping them. In Spain only Real and Barca can put out competitive teams.

The greatest thing about English football is the pyramid and now certain folk seem intent on destroying it.

Wouldn't know if it would make it worse or better as it's never been done.

As a City fan I believe that it would be good for our club and our player development.

However, as a football fan I believe in the integrity of the league and would loathe it if I was supporting Hartlepool and knew on Saturday we were playing Swansea City reserves rather than Wycombe or even have my club relegated at the expense of a B team.

Wouldn't know if it would make it worse or better as it's never been done.

As a City fan I believe that it would be good for our club and our player development.

As I said I don't think we can tell if the Under 21 League is successful yet at two years with it finally reaching a competitive structure now.

Who knows few years time we might be back in League 1 facing Man City B etc.

As I said I don't think we can tell if the Under 21 League is successful yet at two years with it finally reaching a competitive structure now.

Who knows few years time we might be back in League 1 facing Man City B etc.

That's true. It was fun to watch though this season seeing the kids develop.

Hopefully not to being back in league 1 and I believe Dyke's plan is for lower than that.

If you felt guilty or sad watching Doncaster go down last week imagine what's it's going to feel like when 'Leicester City B' actually have to relegate a team like Torquay or Cheltenham from League 3 out of the football league.

What a perverse idea.

Yeah - I hadn't thought of that.

That's depressing it'll just be Tesco v Sainsbury's every week in every league unless Iceland, Nisa and Booze Buster have an exceptional season.

*Goes off to start a 'If your club was a supermarket thread?'*

Yeah I remember all the Spanish fans looking distraught when winning the Euro's and the World Cup.

The Premier League maybe the most entertaining league to watch but the amount of English players who feature in it is embarrassing.

If we want success on the international level something has to change.

It's the best opportunity for young home grown players to show good they really are rather than doing a Logan all their career.

And what's to stop the likes of man city Aresnal and Chelsea filling their B team with expensively assembled foreign tallent?

I can not see how this will benefit the national team or the number of English players playing.

We currently have a loan system which sees players ready to step into the first team loaned out to league one and two sides, how would they compete financially if we took this system away?

Think of our league one winning side

Martin, Hobbs, Cleverly Gilbert etc would have all been playing for their respective B team. That season could we have afforded to buy talent good enough to replace those?

The problem with this is that as well as ruining the league system it will also, all but close the loan system, a system which many lower league teams rely on. An example this season is Tom Lawrence at United, he was sent on loan to Yeovil and when he got back he got a chance in the first team, would that happen in a 'B' team? Personally, I don't think so. 

As well as that, it will just end up with the bigger and richer teams such as United, City, Chelsea etc. stock piling young British talent and actually stumping their growth as they won't be playing with experienced players week in and week out. 

But never mind, it only took Spain 50 years to win the World Cup after introducing 'B' teams... 

Surely if it is creating a NEW league (i.e League 3) that see's the Top 10 teams from the conference competing against the B teams, then it creates an EXTRA professional league.

over time, the leagues will balance out so that the B teams are playing at the right level for their ability. That may be at League 2 or League 1 level. how does that them impact someone progressing from the conference into League 3? It doesn't.

surely it's not really any different to a "feeder" club system, where Man Utd link up with Oldham for arguments sake and supply them with 8 youngsters.  It would STILL give Oldham an unfair advantage in their division.

For me, if it does promote more development for english youth to get actual, competitive game time, then i'm more for it.  Just think how many players drop out of the premier league sides without ever really playing a competitive match.  Some players develop later, or some need to actually play to gain experience.

Surely if it is creating a NEW league (i.e League 3) that see's the Top 10 teams from the conference competing against the B teams, then it creates an EXTRA professional league.

over time, the leagues will balance out so that the B teams are playing at the right level for their ability. That may be at League 2 or League 1 level. how does that them impact someone progressing from the conference into League 3? It doesn't.

surely it's not really any different to a "feeder" club system, where Man Utd link up with Oldham for arguments sake and supply them with 8 youngsters. It would STILL give Oldham an unfair advantage in their division.

For me, if it does promote more development for english youth to get actual, competitive game time, then i'm more for it. Just think how many players drop out of the premier league sides without ever really playing a competitive match. Some players develop later, or some need to actually play to gain experience.

Sorry Greg...or shall i call you Mr Dyke ...its still a crap crap idea

As I've said before, each first 11 should feature at least 6 British players. That will solve the home grown players crisis. But obviously the F.A wont go for that as it will make the PL less attractive, which suits me down to the ground. I preferred the top flight in the 90's anyway.

The mistake the FA are making is thinking that people give a shit how well England do at major tournaments. I couldn't give a toss if it's going to affect domestic football in a negative way.

All this says to me is that lower league and non-league clubs are worth nothing, and that they should be sacrificed for the all important performances of the national team.

It's an atrocious idea.

It will never come in anyway as The Premiership and Football League are against the proposal. Just a man justifying his job by announcing this shit. He must know himself it will never be accepted with the league system we already have in place.

It would be a far better idea to let the bigger cat a teams foster a local club like Liverpool and Tranmere or Arsenal and Barnet and allow 4-5 under 21's to play for them for the season at the bigger clubs expense. That way the smaller team save money on wages and the younger prospects get valuable experience playing league football which can only help them in the long run.

Archived