Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

I predict ...

Just before the weekend starts, here is a little roundup of last week:

Quite boring really... peterborofox pulled out a small lead (1.5 points) on Izzet is Godiamafox steals third from veezeeblue. And the rest of the top ten is not very different. theessexfox drops out the top 10 and down two to 11th.  

The biggest mover was 65RosesFox who moved up five to 14th with iancognito also having a good week with a climb of three to 12th.

The yellow cap goes to Stiff Little Fingers - who certainly would have been further up the table if he hadn't given us an advantage by taking weeks 15 to 20 off!

The games that might divide opinion this week:

Tottenham v Arsenal

Leicester v Palace 

Burnley v West Brom

Newcastle v Stoke

Actually... this is going to be a tough week and might make a real difference.

Hello All,

What a day, but I am going to ignore all that and give you a quick round up and remind you that there are mid week games to pick this week.

peterborofox remains top from Izzet is God with veezeblue moving into third at the expense of iamafox. The biggest movers inside the top ten are Glen parva fox (up 3) and iancognito who breaks into the top ten by winning the yellow cap and moving up four to 8th. Unfortunately, Renart had a poorish week and drops two places to 9th.

Another big mover of note is bilson who jumped a massive six places and is now in striking distance of the top ten in 13th!

A name and shame has to go to YabbaDabbaDoo who picked up 2.75 points by picking Palace to Beat Leicester 1-0! :)

Best of luck to all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Roundup before the weekend's games:

peterborofox once more shows his class by pulling out a 6 point lead over the chasing pack with a set of predictions that was only beaten by one other. The yellow cap this week goes to Glen parva fox who's masterly predictions have sent him back up to 4th. However, the biggest winner position wise, within the top ten, goes to iamafox who jumps two places to 2nd overall! The biggest mover outside the top ten is Hitesh who's predictions were the third highest overall and meant that he leaps 5 places to 14th. 

Good luck to you all for this week.

The roundup from last weekend:

peterborofox retains that 6 point lead at the top of the table despite what was a poor round by his very high standards. Izzet is God and iamafox once more trade places to make up the top 3. Within the Top 10 the big movers were BigEdFox (up two to 5th) and Motty (up three to 9th), with Glen parva fox going the opposite way (dropping two to 6th). 

However, it is andog who had the round to be remembered by moving up 5 and winning the yellow cap for the round. Notable mentions go to vietnamfox  and desertfox who both had good rounds. 

Interesting stats: Not one FoxesTalk member picked anything other than a Chelsea win against Burnley (we were all wrong). Four players picked the exact result between Everton and Leicester. Only andog picked the exact score (2-0) in the game between Southampton and Liverpool.

Enjoy your picks. At least this week we will not be torn between what our heart wants to happen when LCFC take to the field and what our head is telling us when making our picks!

Ok. A quick roundup of the weekend before the midweek games:

peterborofox retains his 6 point lead at the top of the table over Izzet is God with veezeblue moving back into third. A dreadful week for iamafox sees him drop 4 places to 7th! The Yellow Cap goes to IanCognito, who moves up to 9th. BigEdFox and Renart both had good rounds, with Motty moving in the other direction (although not scoring badly).

Don't forget that picks for this week need to be made before Tuesday evening.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry for my absence in the last week-or-two but work has been manic and to-be-honest nothing much has changed. However, I do need to point everyone's attention to the performance of one player this week: RagingBullworm we salute you !  :trumpet:

You won the Yellow Cap with a massive 19.1 points, which is 6.8 points more than your nearest rival!   :trumpet:

You moved up a massive 7 places, which is huge at this stage of the season!  :trumpet:

You correctly predicted the result of every single fixture for that week, earning you Grand Slam Points!  :trumpet:

You also picked the exact score on 5 out of the 10 games:

Man City 3-0 Newcastle  :trumpet:

Aston Villa 0-1 Swansea  :trumpet:

Southampton 2-0 Burnley  :trumpet:

West Ham 1-0 Sunderland  :trumpet:

Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd  :trumpet:

And you were close on many of the others!

Wow, just Wow!  :scarf:

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a quick update as we get closer to the conclusion of the league and our little competition. 

The gap at the top of the league has narrowed to under 5 points with peterborofox topping the table with Izzet is Godveezeblue and YabbaDabbaDoo in hot pursuit. Has peterborofox done enough? I have seen 5 point leads overturned quite easily in a matter of a week-or-two. Will the chasing pack gamble for the big gains or play it safe and try to chip away at that lead during the run in. 

So, back to last weekend, the yellowcap was won by Renart. Yes, that is right, just like LCFC Renart has left it late to put a bit of a run together. Too late? Probably. Some might be asking what might have been if he had shown this kind of form at the beginning of the season (by some I mean me). However, I will enjoy the limelight for this week at least and be happy in the knowledge that at least I have won one more yellowcap than Col city fan

Renart (feels strange talking about myself in the third person - why am I doing that?) managed to pick the exact score of four out of the ten games and picked the correct result in eight. The only two he got wrong were Villa's win over Tottenham and Leicester's win over WBA (he should have more confidence in his own team but look what good that has done him during the rest of the season).

But this is not all about Renart (is it not?). The only other notable prediction that I want to highlight this week was made by desertfox who predicted the exact score in the WBA v Leicester City game. What are you predicting this week mate? Let us hope that it is a 2-0 victory for the foxes. 

This weekend is a difficult week with tough picks needed for most of the games but the two that stand out for me are the matches between  Leicester City v Swansea and Chelsea v Man U.

This could be a season defining weekend in all respects!

Happy picking.

Time for a quick update as we get closer to the conclusion of the league and our little competition.

The gap at the top of the league has narrowed to under 5 points with peterborofox topping the table with Izzet is God, veezeblue and YabbaDabbaDoo in hot pursuit. Has peterborofox done enough? I have seen 5 point leads overturned quite easily in a matter of a week-or-two. Will the chasing pack gamble for the big gains or play it safe and try to chip away at that lead during the run in.

So, back to last weekend, the yellowcap was won by Renart. Yes, that is right, just like LCFC Renart has left it late to put a bit of a run together. Too late? Probably. Some might be asking what might have been if he had shown this kind of form at the beginning of the season (by some I mean me). However, I will enjoy the limelight for this week at least and be happy in the knowledge that at least I have won one more yellowcap than Col city fan.

Renart (feels strange talking about myself in the third person - why am I doing that?) managed to pick the exact score of four out of the ten games and picked the correct result in eight. The only two he got wrong were Villa's win over Tottenham and Leicester's win over WBA (he should have more confidence in his own team but look what good that has done him during the rest of the season).

But this is not all about Renart (is it not?). The only other notable prediction that I want to highlight this week was made by desertfox who predicted the exact score in the WBA v Leicester City game. What are you predicting this week mate? Let us hope that it is a 2-0 victory for the foxes.

This weekend is a difficult week with tough picks needed for most of the games but the two that stand out for me are the matches between Leicester City v Swansea and Chelsea v Man U.

This could be a season defining weekend in all respects!

Happy picking.

Renart, just thanks for the idea..Well done to the top 10.

simply enjoyed the idea of it, gave me something to do in the winter months.

Also interesting to see what the other posters tipp each week.Like to tip, then look afterwards what others prefer

Renart, just thanks for the idea..Well done to the top 10.

simply enjoyed the idea of it, gave me something to do in the winter months.

Also interesting to see what the other posters tipp each week.Like to tip, then look afterwards what others prefer

Cheers mate. I think that it works really well; I am definitely going to organize one again for next season.

I didn't make any predictions last week. I was having problem getting emails and I couldn't find how to make my selection direct. I'm going to make a City like run now towards the top.

• 1 month later...

really enjoyed this 

thanks for the invite

definitely doing it again

terrible week 37 for me missed my chance to catch peterborofox

unless i have a miracle last gameday !

but miracles DO happen eh boyz !

;)

I am glad you guys have enjoyed it. I am going to set it up again for next season if people are interested and Mark is happy with me having the link embedded into the forum. Especially as we will be in the Premier League once again.

I have also just ordered a yellow cap from the website and will find a way of getting that to the winner who I will contact by private message. They are not too expensive and so we can call it a gift from me. See below: 

http://superbru.myshopify.com/collections/uk-europe/products/yellow-cap

Good luck on your final picks for tomorrow. I can't believe I have made it into the top 5!

Oh, and my absence from this thread recently, and lack of updates, has been due to the euphoria of our recent run of games and survival in the league! My apologies. Un-bloody-believable! 

Not over until it's over!

Well done pal you have been uncatchable ! Chelsea'd us !

Well done Renart lookforward to next season

Happy with second place

there is definitely fun to be had watching other games when we play this

prefer it even to fantasy football

see you all in August !

• 4 weeks later...

I know that this is long overdue but CONGRATULATIONS to peterbrofox. Storming effort. I have a Yellow Cap from the website at home for you. If you pm me your address then I will send it out to you. It would be good to see a photo of you wearing said cap, if possible: you can pull the peak down if you don't want to be recognized. Superbru have contacted me to say that they will wave the small fee for the pool upgrade that I paid out of my own pocket for the league this next season, which is nice. Hopefully Mark will be happy to have it on the website once again. I will let you all know when it is time to sign up.

There was talk on here about having a prize pot for the winner. Maybe, everyone who wants to pays in £5 and the winner takes the lot. If any of you know how to set something like that up then please do get in touch. Can paypal do it? I also do not want to exclude people who want to play 'just for fun' and so I think we would have to make this an optional pay in with the highest member who has contributed to the pot taking it even if there are members above him/her who have more points. Let me know your thoughts.

I know that this is long overdue but CONGRATULATIONS to peterbrofox. Storming effort. I have a Yellow Cap from the website at home for you. If you pm me your address then I will send it out to you. It would be good to see a photo of you wearing said cap, if possible: you can pull the peak down if you don't want to be recognized. Superbru have contacted me to say that they will wave the small fee for the pool upgrade that I paid out of my own pocket for the league this next season, which is nice. Hopefully Mark will be happy to have it on the website once again. I will let you all know when it is time to sign up.

There was talk on here about having a prize pot for the winner. Maybe, everyone who wants to pays in £5 and the winner takes the lot. If any of you know how to set something like that up then please do get in touch. Can paypal do it? I also do not want to exclude people who want to play 'just for fun' and so I think we would have to make this an optional pay in with the highest member who has contributed to the pot taking it even if there are members above him/her who have more points. Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers Renart for running it and organising it. 

Nice of Superbru to waive the charge for next season.

Regarding the prize pot, wonder if this is something Mark could organise (?). Not to put words in to his mouth or anything but because of the amount of members that take part I wonder if a prize could be organised through him?

Archived