Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

I predict ...

• 1 month later...

Righto guys and gals, hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. I thought I better update this finally (I got engaged just before Christmas and the period that followed was a blur of booze and hangovers), my apologies for not keeping on top of it. A brief round up then:

Lots of things have happened since November but the long-and-the-short-of-it is that things are settling down a little at the top of the table with peterborofox pulling out a 6 point lead on Glen pava fox who is marginally ahead of BigEdFox in third.

Considering all the changes that have taken place in the first-half of the season there is still much to play for! For instance, since the last update I have risen ten places to 11th and will be hoping to do the same in the next couple of months! I am now above webbo, which I now see as a personal battle; my next target is Col City fan, who I now consider to be another personal battle.

Hope you are all still enjoying it - seems like most are still making their picks. Well done to Spearing's Sock Tie  for winning yet another Yellow Cap (also moving him up 5)!

Update after the weekend's games!

peterborofox (who is in the top 1% globally: 276/74,274) maintains that six point lead but it is all change below him as IzzetisGod moves up four to 2nd place and takes the yellow cap for the week (probably helped by the prediction of Palace to beat Spurs 2-1, only picked by 6% of all players on SuperBru). 

BigEdFox remains in 3rd with iamafox and veezeblue both moving up one to 4th and 5th. The big loser in the top ten was Glen parva fox who dropped from 2nd to 6th as a result of a low scoring round for him and those around him all scoring highly. A first time mention in the top ten has to go to Renart  :scarf: who moves into 9th and takes the place of  Col City fan who drops 5 to 14th  :whistle: .... 

Finally, the biggest climber of the day was Spearing's Sock Tie, who, once again, scored highly and climbed 9 places to 25th! 

I predict we will finish no lower than 15th and we will see an fa cup semi final I won't predict whether we win or not and also Andrej Kramaric will score 20 goals by the end of the season !

Oh and this year I may win the lottery too !!

How's that for a couple of predictions ??!!??

I have decided that I am going to put my hand in my pocket and buy a yellow cap for the person who wins the league (it is only about £10):

http://store.superbru.com/product.asp?p=4

Ok, so it isn't much but it might be fun to give something to the person who has done the best over the whole season. I will have to figure out a way of getting the cap to him/her but that will be fine and they will have to post a picture to this thread with them wearing it (they can cover their face if they want to be anonymous). Thoughts?

I was also wondering if next season I run it again and charge a couple of quid entry and give the winner the pot. Could add some spice and £2 would not be a lot for the chance of winning a couple of hundred pounds - not sure how I would work this and so it might never happen  :)

Weekend round up.

peterboro fox retains the top spot but by less than a point now with a cracking week, once again, by Izzet is God who sits in second. veezeeblue moves up two within the top ten and finds himself in third with BigEdFox moving the same number of places but in the opposite direction. theessexfox and Renart both had good weeks within the top ten but the Yellow Cap goes to YabbaDabbaDoo who has certainly played himself into contention with a very strong score this week!

Outside of the Top Ten iancognito and nativefox both had great weeks, moving up four and six respectively.

Interesting stat: not one of the members of FoxesTalk picked Arsenal to beat Man City, let alone by two goals to nil, and only three members of the pool picked Stoke to beat Leicester (whereas, 43% had this pick in the whole of SuperBru) with two of you picking the exact score. I might be doing a little better if I wasn't so confident that may own team will triumph....

I've enjoyed doing this - I was so used to getting messages saying I did 'above the community average' then a couple of weeks ago I had a disastrous round of picks and got a sarcastic e-mail message! Some hard fixtures to call this round though, I've gone for a few draws which doesn't often bode well for me!

Weekend round up.

peterboro fox retains the top spot but by less than a point now with a cracking week, once again, by Izzet is God who sits in second. veezeeblue moves up two within the top ten and finds himself in third with BigEdFox moving the same number of places but in the opposite direction. theessexfox and Renart both had good weeks within the top ten but the Yellow Cap goes to YabbaDabbaDoo who has certainly played himself into contention with a very strong score this week!

Outside of the Top Ten iancognito and nativefox both had great weeks, moving up four and six respectively.

Interesting stat: not one of the members of FoxesTalk picked Arsenal to beat Man City, let alone by two goals to nil, and only three members of the pool picked Stoke to beat Leicester (whereas, 43% had this pick in the whole of SuperBru) with two of you picking the exact score. I might be doing a little better if I wasn't so confident that may own team will triumph....

I've gone against Leicester every single game. 

I have decided that I am going to put my hand in my pocket and buy a yellow cap for the person who wins the league (it is only about £10):

Ok, so it isn't much but it might be fun to give something to the person who has done the best over the whole season. I will have to figure out a way of getting the cap to him/her but that will be fine and they will have to post a picture to this thread with them wearing it (they can cover their face if they want to be anonymous). Thoughts?

I was also wondering if next season I run it again and charge a couple of quid entry and give the winner the pot. Could add some spice and £2 would not be a lot for the chance of winning a couple of hundred pounds - not sure how I would work this and so it might never happen  :)

Well up for this mate. Good idea and cheers for running it. 

I've had a crap few weeks recently - stuck in 30th on this league though. 

Paypal is probably your best bet to arrange it for next season.

I've gone against Leicester every single game. 

Yes, you were one of the three! Wasn't going to name and shame  :D

Every time I read your name I have a problem separating out the letters and only seem to read 'the sex fox', it took my months to figure out that it is 'the essex fox'. This probably says more about me than anything. Even though I know what it says I can't help but blur out that 'es' - it is stuck! Sorry mate.

Well up for this mate. Good idea and cheers for running it. 

I've had a crap few weeks recently - stuck in 30th on this league though. 

Paypal is probably your best bet to arrange it for next season.

Cool. Good idea. Well, it is a long time before next season but I am sure I can figure something out. I hope that Leicester are still in the division.  :whistle:

Hopefully you make some upward progress from now. The key seems to be to always bet against Leicester  :P

Just done a prediction, the results were:

Man Utd (A) L

Palace (H) W

Arsenal (A) L

Everton (A) D

Chelsea (H) L

Man City (A) L

Hull (H) W

Spurs (A) L

West Ham (H) D

West Brom (A) D

Swansea (H) L

Burnley (A) D

Newcastle (H) W

Southampton (H) L

Sunderland (A) D

QPR (H) W

The predictions put us on 31 points and needing a result on the final day to stay up. With our destiny still in our hands on the 24th May, I predicted we'd stay up with 34 points.

Incidentally; Villa, Hull and QPR went down. Struggling to see past that with every prediction I do tbh.

Cracking idea that - be more than happy to pay £2 next season also.....

Whilst sitting in 2nd - I've not had an accumulator come in all season :blink:  

Apparently i am or was in top 1% globally; )

Yep. Good work. You are 490th out of 76,757. Pretty cool eh? You are actually down 214 places from last week!!! 

Having said that Izzet is God is only 0.92 points behind you in our league and is also in the top 1% globally. He is actually above you in the global leader board in 296th (up 204 places). This is possible because BP do not count in the Global competition. He has 7 BP, whereas you have 9.25. He also has a flat cap and a black Labrador.

All to play for!  

Completely forgotten about this. I did sign up at the start but now I can't even remember my log in details so can't log in! 

I predict.... that you are not doing so well!  :P

Archived