Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

On 9/12/2016 at 18:35, The_77 said:

C'mon, everyone-- this is our first Champions League game. Take a half day/day off!

I'm peacing out of the office early and heading straight to the bar.

Same here. Looks like I will be ponying up for the Fox Soccer Plus when I get off here at lunch.

8 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I'm going to chuck my phone across the room and try and stay away from the internet until 8pm when the game comes on FS2. 

I want to know the outcome before I watch the match, so I can try to be as objective as possible when evaluating the performance. 

Other than that, I don't want to even look at FoxesTalk before viewing. Especially if we draw or lose.

16 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I want to know the outcome before I watch the match, so I can try to be as objective as possible when evaluating the performance. 

Other than that, I don't want to even look at FoxesTalk before viewing. Especially if we draw or lose.

I know the sentiment. You'd think from the liverpool match thread that the sky is falling. That said, I want to be on that emotional rollercoaster ride against Brugge, not knowing the result. I have a pretty good feeling about this one. 

It will be interesting to find out who is starting. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the standard Ranieri approach (okazaki, albrighton, etc.) I also wouldn't be surprised to see him put Slimani or Musa into the starting XI, or even change our shape. 

The hard part is just distracting myself enough for 6 hours to avoid facebook, espn, etc. Luckily I have hours of work to be done around the house until then. 

On September 12, 2016 at 14:16, FireFox said:

Fox Soccer 2Go are having a free 7 day trial!

It looks like the game v Porto will also be on there.

As with FS2, can't get Fox Soccer Plus with Comcast.

Hopefully our future games will be on FS1 or an ESPN channel. Watching our CL games on a shitty stream isn't ideal.

This came through handily for me--thanks for the tip!

(I'll just have to make sure to cancel my trial because all the other games will be on Fox Sports 1/2/Go, right Rupert?)

39 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I can't believe it. Avoid the score all night only for fox sports 2 to have the final score on the ticker during the replay.

It was still an unbelievable game.

You're a better man than I am, apparently. I couldn't resist checking my phone sporadically. Fun match to watch; am pleased with how we played (though I am worried about the defense, still. We seem to get caught high up the pitch and struggle to make it back in time) - bring on the Clarets!

Edited by UPinCarolina

54 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Seriously? Is that just through your cable provider, or across all platforms? I know they have an app, but I have not used it yet. 

I think just thru Comcast they don't offer the HD of (the English) bein. (The Spansih bein doesn't always cover the same things.)

I'll check the app to see if I can get that in HD, it'd probably look better over WiFi, on my fairly large phone screen rather than on my TV in non-HD

20 minutes ago, FireFox said:

I think just thru Comcast they don't offer the HD of (the English) bein. (The Spansih bein doesn't always cover the same things.)

I'll check the app to see if I can get that in HD, it'd probably look better over WiFi, on my fairly large phone screen rather than on my TV in non-HD

Yeah, I kind of have that issue too for premier league games on NBCSN. I get my cable from the playstation Vue, using my PS4 as a cable box. But because my main TV is so far away from my wireless router, and because the PS4 doesn't accept 5G signal from my router, the picture quality is somewhere between 480p-720p. But if I'm on my phone using the App, it's crystal clear 1080p HD.  I think once I can run an ethernet cable to my PS4, that issue will go away.

23 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Yeah, I kind of have that issue too for premier league games on NBCSN. I get my cable from the playstation Vue, using my PS4 as a cable box. But because my main TV is so far away from my wireless router, and because the PS4 doesn't accept 5G signal from my router, the picture quality is somewhere between 480p-720p. But if I'm on my phone using the App, it's crystal clear 1080p HD.  I think once I can run an ethernet cable to my PS4, that issue will go away.

Sounds weird, but completely different than my problem.

Me bitching about Comcast and my TV more:

For Comcast we have separate HD channels, if you have the HD cable box. For example, if I go to channel 5, NBC, it'll say "Watch in HD", and by pressing "OK", it'll take me to channel 188. Also a blue light on my cable box lights up, telling me I'm watching something in HD.

The channel for bein, 400, is simply a non-HD channel... despite their logo saying it's HD. Not sure if that's a bein or Comcast thing though.

Also, a few or more months back, all my non HD channels now get squished, so with black boxes above and below. (Usually never a problem, because most channels have an HD version, but not for bein...) So I have to change from 16:9 to 4:3 for it to look normal, but then the whole picture is surrounded by a black, above, below, left and right. And on my TV, I can't zoom in... So my non-HD channels are not just non-HD, but they also don't use my whole TV screen if I want the correct aspect ratio.

Anyway, how is PS Vue? I might get a PS4 soon and have been seeing ads for it, looks interesting, although I'd still depend on Comcast for internet so doubt I can switch.

Edited by FireFox

8 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Sounds weird, but completely different than my problem.

Me bitching about Comcast and my TV more:

Reveal hidden contents

For Comcast we have separate HD channels, if you have the HD cable box. For example, if I go to channel 5, NBC, it'll say "Watch in HD", and by pressing "OK", it'll take me to channel 188. Also a blue light on my cable box lights up, telling me I'm watching something in HD.

The channel for bein, 400, is simply a non-HD channel... despite their logo saying it's HD. Not sure if that's a bein or Comcast thing though.

Also, a few or more months back, all my non HD channels now get squished, so with black boxes above and below. (Usually never a problem, because most channels have an HD version, but not for bein...) So I have to change from 16:9 to 4:3 for it to look normal, but then the whole picture is surrounded by a black, above, below, left and right. And on my TV, I can't zoom in... So my non-HD channels are not just non-HD, but they also don't use my whole TV screen if I want the correct aspect ratio.

Anyway, how is PS Vue? I might get a PS4 soon and have been seeing ads for it, looks interesting, although I'd still depend on Comcast for internet so doubt I can switch.

I was just saying sometimes I watch games on my phone rather than my TV because the picture quality is better.

The Vue is pretty good. You get all of the soccer channels you'd need for something like $35 a month: ESPN, ESPN2, your local fox sports affiliate, FS1, FS2, BEIN, NBCSN, etc. You can also sign into the NBCSN app for Leicester games using your Play Station Vue login. 

No contract, no equipment (besides the PS4). You can also use a roku or a firestick for any additional TV in the house you want to watch the Vue on. The picture quality depends on your internet connection though. I am getting like 110MBPS down for $55 a month through WOW.  I would test it out on your current internet speed, and see what the picture quality is like. Plugged in via ethernet at 30mbps you would probably be fine. 

I was paying about 120-130$ a month for cable and internet through Comcast, and now I get everything for about $85. Plus i'd pay any amount of money to give comcast the boot. If you decide to get a PS4, the Vue has a 7 day free trial, i would give it a go. I just would hesitate to buy a PS4 for the sole purpose of using the Vue service. Though, after a few years, the savings compared to comcast will eventually pay for the cost of the PS4 itself.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...