Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Nigel Pearson has gained weight

Does it matter if he puts on weight, he's not exactly playing football anymore is he.

You're boring

I'm worried he may become to lethargic to fight off Romanian dogs.

On the plus side to this if they just decide to have a nibble it will hardly harm him to lose a spare tyre or two.

I went to a dinner about three years ago, where Mick McCarthy, Ian Holloway, Steve Bruce and Simon Grayson were present.

It was around March time and the first three guys teams were languishing near the foot of the Premier League, and Simon Grayson had a chance of promotion at Leeds.

It was a relaxed event, plenty of beer and the difference in pressure was extremely clear to tell. Grayson was buzzing, but the other three were very open with the fact that the pressure is only just bearable and it is such a tough job and they all just wanted the season to end as they had almost shot it.

I genuinly felt for them, they were being open and very honest and you could just feel the tension in them.

Steve Bruce mentioned his weight. He said it is purely down to the fact that when he comes home he just raids the fridge as a way of finding some comfort and release from the day he has just had. He is very aware of it and well aware that people take the piss out of him, but he can't help it and it just is a release for him after the pressure of the day.

It was a really good night and a great insight into these chaps lives and you could tell it certainly is a massive pressure environment.

This isn't about weight, but did give further proof of the pressure they are under. MM said that when he first got up with Wolves, in his first game they were doing well. Nil nil, but they were fine and doing well. He was comfortable with everything until the second half. Then boom, out of nowhere they were one down: he was just coming to terms with it, thinking what to do, then boom, two nil down. He said they then we're getting a battering and it was going to get worse, so he took his striker off to give more strength in the midfield. Then as the sub was being made the crowd didn't like the striker coming off and so they started to boo.

So from everything looking good, fifteen minutes later they were out of the match and the fans were on his back.

He said it is horrendous, very difficult to deal with and that the pressure is immense.

So maybe NP has started to raid the fridge like SB. They all said that the pressure of being at the top of the championship is nothing compared to the pressure of the premiership.

The key thing for me that night was you genuinly could see the pressure, and I suppose that is one reason I am rarely critical of the players and management. In the vast majority of cases everyone does their very best, they want the best, and it is harsh to criticise those that are trying hard. They definately feel the pressure and certainly feel pressure from the fans and it does play a part.

I went to a dinner about three years ago, where Mick McCarthy, Ian Holloway, Steve Bruce and Simon Grayson were present.

It was around March time and the first three guys teams were languishing near the foot of the Premier League, and Simon Grayson had a chance of promotion at Leeds.

It was a relaxed event, plenty of beer and the difference in pressure was extremely clear to tell. Grayson was buzzing, but the other three were very open with the fact that the pressure is only just bearable and it is such a tough job and they all just wanted the season to end as they had almost shot it.

I genuinly felt for them, they were being open and very honest and you could just feel the tension in them.

Steve Bruce mentioned his weight. He said it is purely down to the fact that when he comes home he just raids the fridge as a way of finding some comfort and release from the day he has just had. He is very aware of it and well aware that people take the piss out of him, but he can't help it and it just is a release for him after the pressure of the day.

It was a really good night and a great insight into these chaps lives and you could tell it certainly is a massive pressure environment.

This isn't about weight, but did give further proof of the pressure they are under. MM said that when he first got up with Wolves, in his first game they were doing well. Nil nil, but they were fine and doing well. He was comfortable with everything until the second half. Then boom, out of nowhere they were one down: he was just coming to terms with it, thinking what to do, then boom, two nil down. He said they then we're getting a battering and it was going to get worse, so he took his striker off to give more strength in the midfield. Then as the sub was being made the crowd didn't like the striker coming off and so they started to boo.

So from everything looking good, fifteen minutes later they were out of the match and the fans were on his back.

He said it is horrendous, very difficult to deal with and that the pressure is immense.

So maybe NP has started to raid the fridge like SB. They all said that the pressure of being at the top of the championship is nothing compared to the pressure of the premiership.

The key thing for me that night was you genuinly could see the pressure, and I suppose that is one reason I am rarely critical of the players and management. In the vast majority of cases everyone does their very best, they want the best, and it is harsh to criticise those that are trying hard. They definately feel the pressure and certainly feel pressure from the fans and it does play a part.

Very interesting, actually when I think about it Brendan Rodgers seemed to gain weight quickly after taking the Liverpool job, he has lost some of it now. But it could be to do with the pressure.  In America a good number of NFL coaches are on the heavy side, and I recall a news story about why they gain weight quickly, alot has to do with the long hours they put in to coaching and reviewing material, with little time for any other activiy.

ANYWAYS I HOPE NIGEL IS DOING WELL :)  :pearson: .  I will love him if he's big or small lol

Archived