Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
dmayne7

What a difference a couple of weeks can make!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Its interesting to think that the general consensus was that we seriously lacked depth to the squad and looking at the bench for the game against Everton, its hard to argue against that. But, just a couple of weeks later and 2 new signings (and likely another) have completed changed the potential look of our bench.

 

If we keep the same starting lineup from the team that played against Chelsea and assume that Hamer will be on the bench at all times, and that we have a fully fit squad, we need to leave out 6 (Possibly 7) from the following:

 

Simpson

Wasilewski

Upson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

James

Cambiasso

Wood

Vardy

Knockaert

Taylor-Fletcher

Hopper

and likely another.

 

Depending on if we bring an another player, then we could have a seriously good squad if you're leaving out some of these guys. Plus, I think it goes a long way to showing that we've got a lot more experience than we realise, even if not in this league.

 

If we do bring in another striker then it probably means at least 1 maybe 2 good attacking player won't even make the bench which is a reassuring thought. If we're in a decent position come January, then we'll likely be able to add to it as well.

 

I don't know about you, but that makes me feel a lot more confident about our chances this season.  :scarf:

 

Clearly still knows what he's doing.  :pearson:

Posted

Good enough squad for 9th-14th for me

Downside is having the 2nd toughest opening 10 games out of all twenty teams. The sooner a win comes the less focus they'll be on nitpicking points like who's on the bench or not

Posted

Its interesting to think that the general consensus was that we seriously lacked depth to the squad and looking at the bench for the game against Everton, its hard to argue against that. But, just a couple of weeks later and 2 new signings (and likely another) have completed changed the potential look of our bench.

 

If we keep the same starting lineup from the team that played against Chelsea and assume that Hamer will be on the bench at all times, and that we have a fully fit squad, we need to leave out 6 (Possibly 7) from the following:

 

Simpson

Wasilewski

Upson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

James

Cambiasso

Wood

Vardy

Knockaert

Taylor-Fletcher

Hopper

and likely another.

 

Depending on if we bring an another player, then we could have a seriously good squad if you're leaving out some of these guys. Plus, I think it goes a long way to showing that we've got a lot more experience than we realise, even if not in this league.

 

If we do bring in another striker then it probably means at least 1 maybe 2 good attacking player won't even make the bench which is a reassuring thought. If we're in a decent position come January, then we'll likely be able to add to it as well.

 

I don't know about you, but that makes me feel a lot more confident about our chances this season.  :scarf:

 

Clearly still knows what he's doing.  :pearson:

 

You're absolutely right. The bench against Everton did look pretty weak. Now, just two league matches later, it looks so much healthier - Drinkwater, Vardy, Cambiasso, Albrighton. Lovely stuff!

Posted

The 1-1 result is even more remarkable when you look at the arsenal bench

 

 

  • 07 Rosicky
  • 09 Podolski
  • 10 Wilshere
  • 15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
  • 21 Chambers
  • 26 Martinez
  • 28 Campbell
Posted

 

The 1-1 result is even more remarkable when you look at the arsenal bench

 

 

  • 07 Rosicky
  • 09 Podolski
  • 10 Wilshere
  • 15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
  • 21 Chambers
  • 26 Martinez
  • 28 Campbell

 

I bet I wasn't the only one who almost messed my pants when Oxlade Chamberlain and Podolski came on.

Posted

I bet I wasn't the only one who almost messed my pants when Oxlade Chamberlain and Podolski came on.

I wonder if the Arsenal fans felt the same when the mighty Jamie Vardy entered the field?

:vardy:

Posted

Pearson must be given credit for what an unbelievable manager he is. I said I believed he had done the right thing by signing few players and the team spirit and energy from last season has improved about tenfold. Last two performances warranted at least 4 points but I'm not complaining. The signings he has made have been awesome too. I did feel we overpaid for Ulloa but now I feel we have got such a bargain. Dominant centre forward. Simpson is an excellent addition which will provide depth in the full back positions. And the marquee signing of Cambiasso, although he hasn't played yet I just got excited seeing him on the bench today. Really think we could be in for our best period in our history the next few years with Pearson.

Posted

I wonder if the Arsenal fans felt the same when the mighty Jamie Vardy entered the field?

:vardy:

You mean jamie el shawvardy?

Posted

Pearson must be given credit for what an unbelievable manager he is. I said I believed he had done the right thing by signing few players and the team spirit and energy from last season has improved about tenfold. Last two performances warranted at least 4 points but I'm not complaining. The signings he has made have been awesome too. I did feel we overpaid for Ulloa but now I feel we have got such a bargain. Dominant centre forward. Simpson is an excellent addition which will provide depth in the full back positions. And the marquee signing of Cambiasso, although he hasn't played yet I just got excited seeing him on the bench today. Really think we could be in for our best period in our history the next few years with Pearson.

Pearson for England! :ph34r:

:pearson:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...