Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Pardew

Interesting goings on there at the moment, highlighting a few points that really Mike Ashley should have known.

1. All managers, with the exception of the very few have a shelf life. Why MA decided to give a manager an 8 year contract is beyond me.

2. Stick to what you know. He has made millions and millions in his field, but clearly it shows what I have heard before - you maybe exceptional in your field, but it does not mean you can replicate that elsewhere.

Handing out 8 year contacts, giving autonomy to others to buy players just shows what a poor set up MA created here. Surely he knew every manager has a shelf life? They all hit a wall at some point, they all do.

He has just gone in the market for Tesco shares, in a very big way. I think that will be another one where he will fail in a major way.

Pardew is not stupid. Being a manager is a rollercoaster and at the moment he is at the bottom of it but is managing the situation very well. His sole aim will be about self preservation, ensuring that when the bomb goes he gets the four years of his contract paid up.

It's a nightmare for whoever goes up there after Pardew as the owner isn't a football man and is clearly have difficulty understanding what it is all about.

It's an eight year contract absolutely ridden with clauses so Ashley can get rid on the cheap when the inevitable sacking happens, I think the whole spiel about it being such a long deal was to make it seem as if the club had settled after years of upheaval.

Exactly, I still fail to see how many people don't get this. No chance in hell is he on an 8 year contract with no release clauses.

It's an eight year contract absolutely ridden with clauses so Ashley can get rid on the cheap when the inevitable sacking happens, I think the whole spiel about it being such a long deal was to make it seem as if the club had settled after years of upheaval.

I agree with the clauses but to be fair he has been there a while now. Or is this was their a while as I haven't turned the tv on yet?

As I've said elsewhere, some of them genuinely want defeats until he's gone. My Newcastle mate hopes we hammer them too

Have a read of SackPardew.com, seriously, it puts up a very good argument for getting rid.

I remember actually wanting England to lose under McLaren for the same reason.

In b4 - WOT PAL U DONT SUPPORT INGURLAND CALL URSELF A ENGLISHMUN

I can't see why any right minded manager would want to go to Newcastle to replace Pardew while Ashley's in charge. They'd be tasked with avoiding relegation and Europa League, and buying players purely to make money while achieving that objective, while also being a lightning rod for all the fury that should really be directed at Ashley.

Archived