Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

The position behind the striker requires the following....

-Good positioning

-Good touch

-Good passing

-Quick feet/thinking

Nuge has very little of the above, or at least very little compared to some of our other squad players such as Mahrez.

You can insult me all you want. All I have done is raised a point, and I believed I have raised it validly. I haven't gone around insulting players, suggesting that unknown quantities like Powell are better than nugent. I haven't even suggested a replacement, with the exception of trying mahrez, someone quicker, with a killer pass, behind ulloa.

This isn't a scapegoating thread based on today's performances. But a continuation from last season. Of course, penalties 'do count'....but when you don't win them yourself, and do not score many in open play, you are basically only on the field for penalties.

On the subject of rooney, who we all criticized for doing exactly what nugent has done so far this season (with the exception of netting in open play), is a great example of how someone in Nugent's role should play. He assists and scores many goals, unlike nugent. Players who play in that 'linking' role still score goals and create a lot of chances....nugent hasn't done either so far this season.

Cambiasso's comment about adapting to the pace of the English game was perfect...'No one can run as fast as the ball'. I am afraid for nugent, at this moment, the games are simply passing him by.

His contribution so far this season, is just like hume in the championship. Lots of legs, limited quality.

The position behind the striker requires the following....

-Good positioning

-Good touch

-Good passing

-Quick feet/thinking

Nuge has very little of the above, or at least very little compared to some of our other squad players such as Mahrez.

You can insult me all you want. All I have done is raised a point, and I believed I have raised it validly. I haven't gone around insulting players, suggesting that unknown quantities like Powell are better than nugent. I haven't even suggested a replacement, with the exception of trying mahrez, someone quicker, with a killer pass, behind ulloa.

This isn't a scapegoating thread based on today's performances. But a continuation from last season. Of course, penalties 'do count'....but when you don't win them yourself, and do not score many in open play, you are basically only on the field for penalties.

No. Just no.

syYdJhV.png

Players faster than Nugent - Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp.

Players who are better in the air than Nugent - Ulloa, Wood, Vardy.

Players who can finish better than Nugent - Wood, Ulloa, Vardy, GTF, King, Powell.

Players who make quicker decisions than Nugent - The entire human race

Send that in to Nige.

If the only stats to support nugent come from last season.....are you not proving my point?

You mention incorrect statements about last season, I'll correct them. You say he was only on the field for penalties last season - 13 assists suggest somewhat otherwise. 

And it's been six fvcking games back in the Premier League. The point that proves is that you've been waiting for a game like this (where others as well as Nugent played poorly) to scapegoat him. You're an embarrassment. 

You mention incorrect statements about last season, I'll correct them. You say he was only on the field for penalties last season - 13 assists suggest somewhat otherwise. 

And it's been six fvcking games back in the Premier League. The point that proves is that you've been waiting for a game like this (where others as well as Nugent played poorly) to scapegoat him. You're an embarrassment. 

I tell you what I find embarrassing...

People jumping down the throat of others simply because they have a different opinion to yours.

- Nugent failed in the premier league big time at his first attempt.

-He was very quiet/average from jan onwards last year.

- He hasn't created or scored a goal in open play yet this season.

Positives

- He runs around a lot.

This whole 'scapegoating' thing is a joke. I do not want to criticize and manager/member of staff/fan/player of the club I support. In my perfect world every one of our players would get 10/10 every week, we would win every game etc etc.

For me, nugent is a player who isn't doing the job he should....

Who had question marks over the likes of Hammond? King? Konch? etc for this season? I certainly did, and so did many others, but they have put in performances to be proud of....for me nugent is the weak link in the side. He has been the weakest performer in the side over the 6 games this season, and therefore deserves to be dropped.

you said that I said 'wood should replace nugent'.

I never said anything like that, just that wood is a better finisher.

Nugent is meant to be the most experienced forward player in the squad, he isn't leading by example. People who criticized Rooney against us for being 'invisible and constantly moaning at the ref' seem to let nugent off for some reason. On the stream today he was complaining to the ref, and did the same against United shortly before they got their second, when he should of been hurried to get back into position.

What part of you bringing Wood into the discussion, in a thread about dropping Nugent, implies that you think he's an option to replace Nugent, can't you get you're head round?

I tell you what I find embarrassing...

People jumping down the throat of others simply because they have a different opinion to yours.

- Nugent failed in the premier league big time at his first attempt.

-He was very quiet/average from jan onwards last year.

- He hasn't created or scored a goal in open play yet this season.

Positives

- He runs around a lot.

This whole 'scapegoating' thing is a joke. I do not want to criticize and manager/member of staff/fan/player of the club I support. In my perfect world every one of our players would get 10/10 every week, we would win every game etc etc.

For me, nugent is a player who isn't doing the job he should....

Who had question marks over the likes of Hammond? King? Konch? etc for this season? I certainly did, and so did many others, but they have put in performances to be proud of....for me nugent is the weak link in the side. He has been the weakest performer in the side over the 6 games this season, and therefore deserves to be dropped.

I'm guessing you didn't watch today then! Some others worse than him. Drinkwater and Ulloa to name a couple.

I'm guessing you didn't watch today then! Some others worse than him. Drinkwater and Ulloa to name a couple.

Oh look another one with selective reading....

"over the six games" is what I put, and over the six games are you telling me nugent has been better than Ulloa?  HAHA

What part of you bringing Wood into the discussion, in a thread about dropping Nugent, implies that you think he's an option to replace Nugent, can't you get you're head round?

I was listing the main qualities of our forward players.

Maybe you could right a letter to the FA about allowing us to start with extra players...as I clearly listed them to 'all replace nugent'.

I'm going to give you a cold dose of reality here; Nugent will start every game he's fit for this season.

No player in the squad should have that right.

Oh look another one with selective reading....

"over the six games" is what I put, and over the six games are you telling me nugent has been better than Ulloa?  HAHA

Somehow read it as worst player in the 6 games.

Still, I think it is unfair to suddenly claim Nugent is crap. I agree he wasn't right for the game today but he has had an important role vs. Utd, Chelsea etc...

Funny how this thread only comes after a defeat though??

Somehow read it as worst player in the 6 games.

Still, I think it is unfair to suddenly claim Nugent is crap. I agree he wasn't right for the game today but he has had an important role vs. Utd, Chelsea etc...

Funny how this thread only comes after a defeat though??

go back 12 months on my posts and you will see the same threads being created by myself and others.

This isn't a 'told you so thread', just a continuation of poor performances.

I was listing the main qualities of our forward players.

Maybe you could right a letter to the FA about allowing us to start with extra players...as I clearly listed them to 'all replace nugent'.

No player in the squad should have that right.

Obviously all those players aren't going to replace one player, christ! But if you're going to list attributes of players against a player you are arguing should be dropped, you're clearly suggesting each of the those players are options to step into his role. If not you might as well have said Liam Moore can tackle better, in the sense that the fact Moore can tackle better has absolutely no bearing on Nugents place because his tackling ability would have no bearing on his abilty to replace Nugent. Wood's abilty to finish has no bearing on his abilty to step in to a number 10 role where Nugent has played, so there's no point in even mentioning it in a thread about dropping Nugent.

I thought KingFox was stupid, but you've taken the crown off him tonight.

go back 12 months on my posts and you will see the same threads being created by myself and others.

This isn't a 'told you so thread', just a continuation of poor performances.

I know you've been against Nuge for a while but then why does this sort of thread not turn up when we win? (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't feel these sorts of threads do??)

I think because it's easier to bang the anti-Nugent drum now we're feeling a bit down after a defeat.

I said pre-match he shouldn't have started today and I have thought that, although he does a job at no.10, he is not the long or medium term solution to a no.10 in the team in this league. Still, I wouldn't class it as a continuation of poor performances. He has had good and bad games for the last 12 months. 

Like the rest, I am disappointed with today. However, you shouldn't use today as the opportunity to slate someone you don't like and don't rate. 

Usual Foxes Talk nonsense.

Someone disagrees with the masses so he is harassed and told he hasn't got a clue.

The argument about Nugent isn't new, it's been going on for over a year now, so I think it's about time the pro-Nugent army should take a step back and realise that it's not people overreacting after one result but a portion of our fanbase don't rate a player as much as the rest.

Nugent is not one of our best 11 players imo.

That is the only comment I hear from Nugent defenders.

If the only positive about a player is that he 'has done' something then I'm afraid you just prove he isn't good enough.

What has he done so far this season? We look like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Vardy is quicker, Mahrez is better at everything, ulloa is a better target man and finisher, wood is a better finisher....Why does he play?

He is simply benefiting from a side doing so well, that is why he hasn't been dropped.

Were you at the game today? None of our forwards were effective today, but Mahrez was absolute crap when he came on.

Were you at the game today? None of our forwards were effective today, but Mahrez was absolute crap when he came on.

Totally agree, Palace set themselves well against our forwards and we didn't know what to do.

I'm usually a big fan of Mahrez but looked off the pace today, didn't look his usual confident self which was a shame

Someone disagrees with the masses so he is harassed and told he hasn't got a clue.

The argument about Nugent isn't new, it's been going on for over a year now, so I think it's about time the pro-Nugent army should take a step back and realise that it's not people overreacting after one result but a portion of our fanbase don't rate a player as much as the rest.

I'm still waiting for Grewks to admit he was wrong about Nugent only good for penalties. 13 assists suggests otherwise. 

You've got a point, clearly. He's put in some decent battling displays this season without ever being really effective, either as a goalscorer or provider. And that's been the case in his past top flight experiences. In time he will be dropped and struggle to get back into the side; a likelihood underlined by the fact that we signed two #10 strikers on deadline day.

He's not a poor player, will have a bit part to play and was by no means the principal reason for our losing today. But on balance - and in Nugent's case we've got a lot more evidence to go on than we have with certain other players who have either not been with us for long, or have seen little previous football at this level - there's got to be a big question mark over him.

I actually agree that he should be dropped. There are better strikers and better number 10's.

My beef with the guy is he doesn't have a clue about what Nugent brings to the team and he doesn't have a clue which players should or shouldn't come and the attributes needed to fulfil the role Nugent is trying to fill.

Archived