Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

How did Cambiasso play?

He was alright today I thought. I'm constantly amazed at how calm and composed he can be. It's like he doesn't know the word 'panic'. 

Very influential on the pitch and loves directing players on what to do. Corners left a little bit to be desired though! 

Baffling he was taken off. He was our only midfielder that looked like he could potentially cause Palace problems.

He did pick up a knock in a collision with Jedinak. That could have been one reason to bring him off.

Baffling he was taken off. He was our only midfielder that looked like he could potentially cause Palace problems.

Only reason can think why would be fitness, although he never looked leggy and didn't look pleased when taken off.

Can only thing Nige wanted to push further forward/ refresh the midfield and felt Cambiasso didn't have it in him?

As a whole was pleased with his performance and his quality stood out by a mile with both teams

I like his work rate, and he can do a job when we're on the counter.

However, his finishing isn't great for a striker, and when we're trying to break teams down, he's not the kind of player I'd want to have on the team. His penalties certainly did mask a lot of poor performances from last season (OMGZ PENALTIES DONT COUNT!!!1111) and I think he's certainly over rated on this forum.

Not a bad player, but not as good as this forum likes to make out. I don't think he is Prem standard.

I think Nug has been very good so far this season, he does need to be more clinical in front of goal but he adds so much to team. His work ethic, both defensively and his runs when we are in attack offer a lot. I again would put him behind Leo and Vards in a 442 but I don't think he deserves the criticism I've read.

There is 1 huge reason why he didn't link up play well today, that is because of a lack of space because Palace were so defensive that there was no space between midfield and attack, it's the first time we have experienced that this year. We would have been better with a 442 today for me!

I like his work rate, and he can do a job when we're on the counter.

However, his finishing isn't great for a striker, and when we're trying to break teams down, he's not the kind of player I'd want to have on the team. His penalties certainly did mask a lot of poor performances from last season (OMGZ PENALTIES DONT COUNT!!!1111) and I think he's certainly over rated on this forum.

Not a bad player, but not as good as this forum likes to make out. I don't think he is Prem standard.

I don't think he's over rated by the forum, it just seems that way because people are baffled by the level of criticism he gets. He maybe 3rd choice striker right now but over the course of the season he will be vital to the team, and ultimately, it is a team game!

I don't think he's over rated by the forum, it just seems that way because people are baffled by the level of criticism he gets. He maybe 3rd choice striker right now but over the course of the season he will be vital to the team, and ultimately, it is a team game!

Yeah, you're right that is a team game, and in certain games (namely the ones where we need to be more defensive) he can be great. He did a fantastic job on Blind against United. However, in an attacking sense, I think we need to be aspiring for higher standards. 

It's threads like this one that frustrate me about this forum. Again.

We've lost one game and all of a sudden this player isn't good enough, Nige's tactics were wrong etc. etc etc.

We lost a football match against a side (and a manager) that many on here under-rate. Palace at home are a strong side. Warnock is an experienced manager and is no mug.

Now it's Nugent..

If people can't see what David Nugent has brought to this side and continues to do so, then you don't know football. Was it Nugents fault that we concede (again) at set pieces? Or how about Vardy's miss in the first half? Or that Drinkwater had a bad game, or that Kasper let two past him. In fact, don't answer that..it will probably be 'yes'.

For God's sake people. We lost a game of football. Big deal. Get over it and go and do something else for a bit. It's Burnley next week. Nugent ALWAYS scores against Burnley...:thumbup:

We've lost one game and all of a sudden this player isn't good enough, Nige's tactics were wrong etc. etc etc.

We lost a football match against a side (and a manager) that many on here under-rate. Palace at home are a strong side. Warnock is an experienced manager and is no mug.

Now it's Nugent..

If people can't see what David Nugent has brought to this side and continues to do so, then you don't know football. Was it Nugents fault that we concede (again) at set pieces? Or how about Vardy's miss in the first half? Or that Drinkwater had a bad game, or that Kasper let two past him. In fact, don't answer that..it will probably be 'yes'.

For God's sake people. We lost a game of football. Big deal. Get over it and go and do something else for a bit. It's Burnley next week. Nugent ALWAYS scores against Burnley... :thumbup:

AGREED. +1

Now it's Nugent..

For God's sake people. We lost a game of football. Big deal. Get over it and go and do something else for a bit. It's Burnley next week. Nugent ALWAYS scores against Burnley... :thumbup:

Wow good post  :blink:

Now it's Nugent..

For God's sake people. We lost a game of football. Big deal. Get over it and go and do something else for a bit. It's Burnley next week. Nugent ALWAYS scores against Burnley...:thumbup:

I agree col! But as the resident expert, what I really want to know is what you think of QPR losing again?

I agree col! But as the resident expert, what I really want to know is what you think of QPR losing again?

Not surprised mate. Southampton at home are proving to be a strong side. QPR played a bit better apparently and according to Sky HQ, there were two great goals in the game.. Austin and Pele.

QPR losing is good for us of course.

Now it's Nugent..

"Palace at Home are a strong side" is a typical championship mentality. By that logic, every side at home is a strong side. If we can't expect to get a win against Palace away, then we can't expect to get one from 90% of this league.

Secondly, a lot of people have had criticism about Nugent for over a season, it's not just a one-off after this game. It's not that we can't see what Nugent brings to the side, it's just that we think he does bring to the side isn't good enough to be a guaranteed starter in a Premier League team who are hoping to finish above the relegation zone.

I don't think he caused our defeat, but I certainly think he is one of our weaker players, and not one that is going to worry the opposition.

"Palace at Home are a strong side" is a typical championship mentality. By that logic, every side at home is a strong side. If we can't expect to get a win against Palace away, then we can't expect to get one from 90% of this league.

Secondly, a lot of people have had criticism about Nugent for over a season, it's not just a one-off after this game. It's not that we can't see what Nugent brings to the side, it's just that we think he does bring to the side isn't good enough to be a guaranteed starter in a Premier League team who are hoping to finish above the relegation zone.

I don't think he caused our defeat, but I certainly think he is one of our weaker players, and not one that is going to worry the opposition.

That kind of says it all about the merit of their opinion on the matter.

Secondly, a lot of people have had criticism about Nugent for over a season, it's not just a one-off after this game. It's not that we can't see what Nugent brings to the side, it's just that we think he does bring to the side isn't good enough to be a guaranteed starter in a Premier League team who are hoping to finish above the relegation zone.

Just the kind of post I'm on about...yes, Palace away is a tough fixture. I didn't expect us to win today, with a draw being my most realistic hope. And criticising Nugent after the season he had LAST season?

:nigel:

That kind of says it all about the merit of their opinion on the matter.

Not at all...

You just have to read some of the posts in the topic from people like Col...

I have already mentioned at least twice in this thread that this is not a scapegoat thread....Over the past 12-18 months I have said the same thing time and time again.

Yet Col posts that this is a 'Scapegoat' thread....Selective reading by far far too many on here.

Unless your one of the top 7 teams in the division, every away game is tough, that's premiership logic and not championship logic. Take care of your homes games and anything away from home is bonus! We have made a great start this season, and that has included Nug, I wouldn't say he is a guaranteed starter though, but has justified it so far!

Not at all...

You just have to read some of the posts in the topic from people like Col...

I have already mentioned at least twice in this thread that this is not a scapegoat thread....Over the past 12-18 months I have said the same thing time and time again.

Yet Col posts that this is a 'Scapegoat' thread....Selective reading by far far too many on here.

Do you not read? Look up a few posts. The point I made was about the general 'doom and gloom' written after ONE loss. With the Nugent thing coming back again, amongst other aspects of negativity.

Personally, I usually find your posts bizarre. Today is no different. But if you're gonna try to take the piss, at least read what a poster has written.

Archived