Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Poker

I'm guessing that last comment is off the back of the WPT500 seat inc. in the Super 50 guarantee? Wouldn't mind playing it myself but it would be too much of a bankroll killer.

Well done on the win again. Pretty horrible situation to but a massive stack at risk but there's no excuse for getting it in there with TPTK lol

Sorry Hollism what's the TPTK stand for?

Yes DTD were giving one of the WPT500 seats away to the winner. The only problem is that the seat makes us a huge portion of the prizepool.

Like you I can not justify buying in but it would be so sweet to satelitte in!

Top Pair, Top Kicker. Yeah I think it's a bit too much out of the prize pool. Not so bad when it's 5x£100 seats like they do when it's the UKIPT or Sky UKPC.

You can understand why they do it though :/

Whats the highest value tournament you have ever played in? Mine was a final satelitte to play in the APT in Macau a few years ago, I got through a fair few rounds but just missed out on the ticket, now that would have been epic!

I've played about a dozen £200-£250 tourneys but nothing above that. Quite a few cashes but never gone much further than £1,000. It's my 21st this December and dad's 50th in May so we're going to Vegas for the WSOP next year. The plan is to play a $1,500 WSOP event and a few of the $200-300 dailys.

Obviously this is terrible bankroll management but screw it. It's a holiday, not a career path lol

I've played the Sunday Million a fair few times for $215 entry but I'm probably break even at best online. I'm going to play a $700 satellite for the EPT Dublin at some point, which is in February. It would be so sweet to satty into that :)

How much was the APT satty worth?

I've tried most of the online sites but Pokerstars is far and away my favourite. Played the nightly $55 last night. Had a. Huge stack until I ggott it with AA pre flop against another big stack, and he had AK. QJT flop. Sick :( cashed for $113 when first paid $5.8k

• 2 weeks later...

It is the  Kings  Head  poker league final tonight. I am in the lead so start with most chips. I think my brother is second although he is a much better player than me. The points system is being changed for the next season. We used to get a point for each game we turned up for which gives an unfair advantage to those like me that can make both. Some players work late or are on weekly shift work. Not sure how they are doing it next time. Its up for discussion. I did win about 3 and finished top 3 a few times. I am usually reluctant to get involved in too many pots early on so can end up in the top four but becoming short stacked. I part of my game that needs improving.

Had something similar in the hot $11, was 9th in chips 300 odd left,  chip leader raises 3x blind, i had queens so 4 bet him hoping for a shove perhaps i should of shoved he calls the 4 bet, flop 2 7 10. he checks i bet half the pot instant all in, im thinking you just dont play kings and aces like that, put him on AK maybe jacks so called, he has A10, Turn 10, kill me now i guess thats poker though. 

Ca me 4th in the Kings poker final My brother won it.

Knocked out with 99. Getting low on chips so I shoved. My brother went OTT with a shove and another called. My bro had A10  other had AK Flop AXX Turn 10.

Oh well at least the winnings of £30 and £20 beer voucher went to a family member.  I think I played OK overall on the night.

• 4 weeks later...

Right I'm off to Dublin to play the IPO. Great tournament with a pretty big fied: should reach over 2,000 runners this year!

Cashed the last two years. 56th and 44th, respectively, so hoping to go even further this year. It's a $250 buy in and first place will be close to $100,000.

It's an Irish bank holiday this weekend so worst case scenario is I don't get in the money, and go up town on the drink :)

My brother is off to the Caribbean in a week or so to play in a tournament he won a ticket for. The funny thing is his wife is also going (as a freebie) but she did not want to go to Nottingham Liverpool or any other trips he has won playing poker. I think he would rather go with a poker playing friend as she has no interest in the game.

Can't get my game together Monday nights this season at the Kings. The standard  of players  is getting better. This week we had 10 players for the 2nd game. I was knocked out in a stupid way. I was getting low in chips and I called the BB instead of shoving or raising. He had nothing so would have folded but raised forcing me to call. He hit. 

My brother is off to the Caribbean in a week or so to play in a tournament he won a ticket for. The funny thing is his wife is also going (as a freebie) but she did not want to go to Nottingham Liverpool or any other trips he has won playing poker. I think he would rather go with a poker playing friend as she has no interest in the game.

Can't get my game together Monday nights this season at the Kings. The standard  of players  is getting better. This week we had 10 players for the 2nd game. I was knocked out in a stupid way. I was getting low in chips and I called the BB instead of shoving or raising. He had nothing so would have folded but raised forcing me to call. He hit.

Probably but it's never gonna be worth the hassle lol

Right I'm off to Dublin to play the IPO. Great tournament with a pretty big fied: should reach over 2,000 runners this year!

Cashed the last two years. 56th and 44th, respectively, so hoping to go even further this year. It's a $250 buy in and first place will be close to $100,000.

It's an Irish bank holiday this weekend so worst case scenario is I don't get in the money, and go up town on the drink :)

Well that went poorly, the latter it is lol

Won €400 on the cash table though so swings and roundabouts init

• 3 weeks later...

Getting fed up with the bad beats on online, played in the Irish Open £50 buy in with a token after winning a £10 one, top 3 won a seat to the Irish Open worth £1150 and there were 12 places for cash so did ok get down to the last 3 tables a little behind and with somebody tilted going all in with everything, anyway I call his all in and all others fold. Showdown I've got A8 clubs, other player has 6/9 clubs. flop 8,4,6 1 club. turn 10 diamonds, river 6. I don't usually moan but it is about the 5th bad beat I've had this weekend and It really is starting to piss me off.

Using all sorts of sites as well, Hills, Paddy Power, Coral, Poker Stars, Skybet the amount of bad beats is unreal,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2nd week of the Kings Head  poker league. Came 2md last week. Beaten by  my brother. There is quite a decent turn out. If all the players turn up we have to have two tables for the second game. I think the record is 16. Anyone is welcome. It is not a high entry fee but it is fun and brings trade for the pub as well as raising money for a charity.

£2.50 entry 50p to Wishes 4 Kids. £1 of the stake goes to the end of season final pool. Times 6pm and 8.15-8.30pm

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. First game 6pm. 2nd 8.15 - 8.30. We normally reserve an extra stack of chips for late arrivals until the first blind level has done. I can mention that you are interested when we set up. We have more players for the second game. The prize money is not big but it is looked on more as a beer night with poker and a fun game. Plus pub rules do not allow mega buy ins. Some of the money also goes towards Wishes4kids so forsome the prize money does not matter.I won one game last week. Paid for my nights ale so happy with that.

Archived