Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Poker

Yeah I will probably come then. I'll be driving though so won't touch the beer, but hopefully it'll be a laugh.

Just to confirm, it's The King's Head on King Street, near New Walk?

Yes. What time will you be there?  Not sure about the parking. There is limited parking on King Street. Wardens  sometimes walk that way.

I'll just go in Newark Street multi storey if I have to- only be a few quid. About 5:45 I guess? What time do you think I should?

That is fine. Will be just setting up at that time. I get there earlier as I go for  some food in the Slug before so I will already have had a couple  of pints when you arrive. Don't help me play any better though. It is a good fun group.

Downloaded the site. Had problems logging in. The email address I use for recovering a password I have not used  for a while Had to  find a username and password for that. Sorted it out eventually and updated passwords and emails so should be OK. Logged on when I was out. Not tried it at home yet. Played some free money hands. Was doing OK until I thought K4o was AK. Lost half my chips. Need to build my bankroll at some point. Not played online for a while but I think I may have improved. Will try some low limit S&G  or freeroll.

• 1 month later...

Cheers. It will depend on my shifts, and I won't know that until the week before, more than likely.

Post in here when you know when it is, and I'll see what I can do to be there!

The final is the 21st.

Unfortunately the chap running it will not attend for the foreseeable future. To cut a long story short the landlord has barred him for causing mayhem in the Salmon. The landlord is currently running the Salmon (both Black Country) and the other week PH was extremely drunk and refused to leave. Police were eventually called and apart from assaulting one it took help from bar staff to hold him down. It does not help him that he also takes medication/drugs for a mental disorder.

So he has passed the responsibility of updating the site where the spreadsheet to me. Happy to do it to help out but I do not think of myself as someone to take charge and organise. Thankfully the others will help.

Spent yesterday afternoon writing the list of names in a notebook with the points gained so hopefully we can keep a record week by week and will make updating the spreadsheet easier. I now need to remember how to copy it so to use it as a template for season 7.

• 3 weeks later...

It was the final of the Kings Head poker league. A good win for one of the short stakes. Only 1050 compared to the top 2070 (me) Gradually built his stack up.

Check this vid out of a Royal Flush in the PCA. Huge pot.

Check this vid out of a Royal Flush in the PCA. Huge pot.

Crazy hand, British guy ended up coming third overall for like $350k in prize money, almost definitely wouldn't have been the case without that runner runner.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No doubt i've come across you boys richardfoxes and Hollism on Stars before :) - i've done alright on there since I've started last June, got a 6th in the Sunday Kickoff the other month for $6,000 and finished I think 50thish in the SCOOP Million two weeks ago for a couple more g's - was a fish for years XD but somehow ended up leaving Will Hill Poker with a few g's profit and enjoying Stars despite the frequency for dodgy turn and rivers being quite high haha, nice to see fellow Foxes cashing high up, gl in the future lads.

Archived