Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Poker

Going to Alea in Nottingham on Sunday for a 4/5/6 PLO tourney. Never played Omaha live before so im not holding out much hope but you never know. Been itching to play another £200er soon but been so busy with other stuff- most weekends following the city. Might play the UKPC mini at DTD for £110 or the £175 super stack at The Vic. Both on 14-15th February.

Just back from Dust till Dawn playing their "Big Game".

I bought in to Day 1C for £100 quid and slowly built up my chip stack. I made it through to the main event where people were buying straight in for £300 to get 150k chips.

I only had 50k but worked up to around the 500k average with 38 left.

I then ran dry, all my moves were failing and with blinds at 10k/20k with 3k ante I bust in the following spot with 30 left, 7 spots from the money. I have pocket 5s around 170k chips, so around 8 bbs.

Player 1- call

Me (sb) - call

Player 3 (bb) - check

Flop is 2© 2(d) 3©

Me - bet 20k - I want to keep this small and see where I am

Player 3 - All-in

Player 1 - fold

Me - I found this really odd. I wondered if he had A3 or a club flush draw otherwise why jam? Of course I considered the 2 as an option especially with him being the big blind.

However, with me running shortish I decided to take a gamble and it wasn't my night, he did have the 2 and no help then came.

Really hard leaving a tourney where the first prize will no doubt be £10k plus, I havn't looked yet but I know 23rd was £400 quid. 30/over 200 is good going but still sucks to have not made the cash from a good position.

My instinct was telling me I was being trappped and I should have listened. It was a poor decision in hindsight which makes it even more fustrating as up until then I had played my A game. However, in poker you do have to take a chance and things were starting to get quite desperate. It was certainly a hero call gone wrong!

Just back from Dust till Dawn playing their "Big Game".

I bought in to Day 1C for £100 quid and slowly built up my chip stack. I made it through to the main event where people were buying straight in for £300 to get 150k chips.

I only had 50k but worked up to around the 500k average with 38 left.

I then ran dry, all my moves were failing and with blinds at 10k/20k with 3k ante I bust in the following spot with 30 left, 7 spots from the money. I have pocket 5s around 170k chips, so around 8 bbs.

Player 1- call

Me (sb) - call

Player 3 (bb) - check

Flop is 2© 2(d) 3©

Me - bet 20k - I want to keep this small and see where I am

Player 3 - All-in

Player 1 - fold

Me - I found this really odd. I wondered if he had A3 or a club flush draw otherwise why jam? Of course I considered the 2 as an option especially with him being the big blind.

However, with me running shortish I decided to take a gamble and it wasn't my night, he did have the 2 and no help then came.

Really hard leaving a tourney where the first prize will no doubt be £10k plus, I havn't looked yet but I know 23rd was £400 quid. 30/over 200 is good going but still sucks to have not made the cash from a good position.

My instinct was telling me I was being trappped and I should have listened. It was a poor decision in hindsight which makes it even more fustrating as up until then I had played my A game. However, in poker you do have to take a chance and things were starting to get quite desperate. It was certainly a hero call gone wrong!

Should have shipped pre!

Definitely sounds like a mistake not to ship pre, but if I was on the button there I would have limped with a monster waiting for you to shove. Hard to tell though because you obviously have been playing with them for hours and have a read that is impossible to describe. I got to ask, if you bet 20k to find out where were you were, why did you call a shove? Why not just shove yourself?

Hard to make the fold though when you have 40k in and ~130k behind and your hand is ahead probably about half the time. Any pair bigger than 66 and he's raising pre, and he's just as likely to have 44 as 66, and just about as likely to have the 3 as a 2.

That said, everyone can make a bad move after getting frustrated at watching their stack get shorter and shorter. Unlucky in the end mate

Definitely sounds like a mistake not to ship pre, but if I was on the button there I would have limped with a monster waiting for you to shove. Hard to tell though because you obviously have been playing with them for hours and have a read that is impossible to describe. I got to ask, if you bet 20k to find out where were you were, why did you call a shove? Why not just shove yourself?

Hard to make the fold though when you have 40k in and ~130k behind and your hand is ahead probably about half the time. Any pair bigger than 66 and he's raising pre, and he's just as likely to have 44 as 66, and just about as likely to have the 3 as a 2.

That said, everyone can make a bad move after getting frustrated at watching their stack get shorter and shorter. Unlucky in the end mate

The 20k bet was to try and represent the 2, I thought it would come across like I was hoping for a re-raise and then they would fold.

Thanks, it was a badly played hand but you have to hope that when you do play them badly you end up lucking out now and again, or at least that you are in a position to be able to take a blow to your chips. Re the player I was against at one point he had 1.3m chips and had come all the way down to 250k so I also put him on an element of gambing, hence considering the options besides him having it.

Against your dad?? You sick bastard!

Haha he wasn't very impressed but I'd been card dead for a while and got down to about 30% of average. Didn't like the call but I had to do it. Picked up a few more hands, bullied a few super tight people on the bubble and then some other bloke swept up the final table. Then I doubled through him and we were all about even :)

Looking forward to the Sky mini but not sure which day one to play. I'll hopefully see you on day two :)

Thought I'd give the Sunday Million a go tonight, effectively freerolling after Friday. Came 297th/6426 and cashed for $539. Would have been nice to go a bit deeper since it's SO top-heavy, but happy enough with that. Good weekend overall :D

Looking forward to the Sky mini but not sure which day one to play

Looks like it will be the 5pm one on the 21st. The later one is a turbo so might play that if I get knocked out of the first. Got one seat for free so it can't do any harm :)

Archived